All reviewsmilitary personnelevening reception and breakfastshort walk to the beachchannel islandsthe breakfast arearooms are quietdaily breakfastnice featurebreakfast staffrefrigerator and microwavehot breakfastlarge roomthe entire stafffollowing morningcomfortable staya nice place to staythird floor
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here on two seperate overnight trips within a 5 day period. All my needs were met and overall the stay was satisfactory. The rooms were clean, the property is well kept, and the staff is friendly and professional. Parking is plentiful and the location is walking distance from the beach and a very short drive from the naval base. The location is also a short distance from Point Mugu. The manager reception was ok, but the food choices were not ideal. we were offered vegetables and make your self nachos (with just cheese). The liquor was low quality and the beer was served from large pitchers filled in the back. Bud Light was all that was offered. The breakfast was a light buffet and prepared ahead of time. The staples such as cereal, yogurt, pastries, and instant oatmeal are offered.....but made to order eggs, pancakes, and hash browns would be a nice touch if that could be accomplished. A very big dissapointment was the pool. It is tiny and tucked in a sad corner behind the hotel.....I was hoping to relax poolside but its just not a reality at this location.

Room Tip: If you are here for military purposes they are very accomodating.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Hellsumz
Ruben F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Hellsumz,

We appreciate feedback from all of our valued guests, as this is our best source for improving our service.Thank you for sharing your comments with us.We look forward to assisting you in
the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was shocked to find out that the pet fee for a one night stay is $110. That made the overall cost for one night $257 which is astronomical for a Holiday Inn. The room was nice but we will never stay there with our pet again. I almost wish they would just not accept pets at that rate instead of allowing you to book and then surprising you with that rate when you get there. We had driven six hours and it was 11pm. To late to try to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jandee M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Jandee M,

Thank you for the candid review of our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not happy with the pet fee. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests as this is our best resource for improving our services.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Ok where to begin, I was up in the area on business and our company booked this hotel. We arrived early in the afternoon and we were told that check in was not until 4:00PM. My coworkers and I decided to do a little shopping for groceries and we got done quickly. When we returned to the hotel we were told that they had rooms available for all of us. This at 3:00 so we got our rooms early and when I walked in the room was clean nicely decorated with all the bells and whistles you would expect from this chain. The lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and the entire staff was very friendly. There are restaurants all around and the beach is only a couple of blocks away.They start serving breakfast (free) at 6:00 am and this was an unexpected surprise. The food was good but with a limited selection. I didn't try the pool or Jacuzzi but it's available if you want it. Once my workday was done I get back to a nice clean room to relax for a bit. My overall experience was very pleasant and I would definitely recommend this hotel for work or play.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Clos_13

Dear Clos_13 ,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.We look foward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Chose Port Hueneme as it was near Highway One on our drive from San Diego to Monterey... What a lucky decision... For an overnight stop the Holiday Inn has it all... Could not fault the hotel ... Helpful and professional staff... Large room with all amenities, breakfast included. We arrived after a days drive and hopped into a beautiful spa/ pool and had a wonderful relaxing hour before going out to dinner close by. If you are travelling do yourself a big favour and look it up!

Room Tip: No need to avoid any area
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janetBonbeach

Dear janetBonbeach ,

We at the Holiday Inn Express appreciate your comments about our hotel and the many things we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family and I were traveling to this area in hopes of finding a place to rest after the hubby went charter fishing. The price was what made me want to book. I was expecting a dingy hotel with sticky carpet, I found a nice little gem. The area was pretty lit up, the hotel staff was friendly and the rooms were posh and very updated. My son had even said that this was one of the nicest place we had stayed at. I was very surprise and excited to see how much we would of missed out had I booked somewhere else. The only con is the breakfast. It was okay, not much offerings and the hot food wasn't too great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BZBEE24

Dear BZBEE24,

We appreciate feedback from all of our valued guests, as this is the best source for improving our services. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.