HIE in Port Hueneme is a hidden gem! My husband and I flew in and out of LAX with a vacation destination of Santa Barbara, CA. We like to stay in a central location and travel to different cities. Port Hueneme is approximately equal distance to LA and Santa Barbara; perfect for us. I was told that it had previously been a Country Inn & Suites that HIE renovated and completed in January. Big spacious rooms, lobby, and breakfast area, very clean and tastefully decorated but what really separated it from all others was the staff. Exemplary! The front desk was always very friendly and helpful and never hesitated in greeting you with smiles and conversation as you passed. A special thanks to Kristi and Michael. Michael has a list of his own favorite restaurants in the area that he will gladly print out for you and those that we tried were very good. I have never seen a hotel run as efficiently and staff was always cleaning, whether sweeping the large brick entryway or polishing the banister. When you passed housekeeping in the hallway they would stop what they were doing, stand against the wall and greet you kindly. The women manning the breakfast area were awesome. They kept the food and coffee replenished, cleaned the tables, and were cheerful and stopped to talk to you. They would even come to your table and dispose of your used dishes and cups. There is a naval base in Port Hueneme and during our stay there were many reserve units staying at the hotel. The military were courteous and friendly and you would hardly know they were there except at breakfast, when they all gathered. It was amazing how the breakfast staff kept everything moving like clockwork and still had time to smile and be pleasant. We departed 1 day early to stay in LA because of our planned activities and our flight out and that HIE didn't compare. At breakfast I had to ask twice if there was anymore decaf coffee and had to wait for things to be replenished. The staff seemed totally overwhelmed even though they had more workers and 1/2 the guests. HIE Hueneme also has a free manager's reception Monday - Saturday which included beer, wine, mixed drinks, tortilla chips, cheese dip, salsa, raw veggies, olives, jalapenos, and pretzels. From the hotel it is only a serene, lovely 2 block stroll down a tree lined street to Port Hueneme Park, Pier, Ocean. It was so pretty and peaceful and we enjoyed starting our day out with a stroll along the beach before venturing for parts unknown. We could not have picked a better location for our vacation. We enjoyed going to the Oxnard Farmer's Market nearby (Sundays) and had the BEST strawberries we've ever eaten. We loved Ventura Harbor with the shops, restaurants and views. When we departed after 6 nights we were actually hugged by the woman in the breakfast area (forgive me because I've forgotten your name) and by Kristi at the desk. It was an awesome experience and vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express, Port Hueneme, California. Port Hueneme, the "Jewel of the California Coast" is situated between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara and is within walking distance to the beautiful, pristine beaches of Port Hueneme. Our spacious, newly renovated guest rooms feature refrigerators and microwaves in every room and a complimentary Express Start breakfast served each morning. For exploring the area, the Holiday Inn Express is unmatched among hotels in Port Hueneme. Stay with us and you're just a short stroll from beautiful beaches, great shopping, excellent restaurants, fun attractions and local nightlife with Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles under an hour away. Time your visit just right and you can join us for exciting annual events such as the Point Mugu Quiksilver Surf Competition, Port Hueneme Beach Festival, Ventura County Fair, Point Mugu Air Show, California Strawberry Festival, Banana Festival or Salsa Festival. Our government or business travelers will enjoy our close proximity to the main entrance of Naval Base Ventura County, the Port of Hueneme and many major businesses. The 24-hour Business Center and complimentary wired and wireless HSIA offer convenience, and our spacious meeting room is perfect for hosting meetings or events. This Port Hueneme hotel is also located just a few blocks from the new U. S. Seabee Museum and three miles from the Ventura County Maritime Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme Hotel Port Hueneme
- Country Inn Port Hueneme
- Port Hueneme Country Inn