I grew up in Port Hueneme and recently spent a week there. This hotel is a short 5 minutes walk to a great beach, with a pier, paved walking paths and a place to eat with tables facing the ocean. We had a room on the top floor, the 3rd, that was about halfway down one wing and facing the front of the hotel. We clearly heard people talking outside, luggage carts on wheels being pulled across red brick paving and traffic on the street. The hotel is on the corner of Hueneme Rd and Ventura Rd; Hueneme Rd leads to the Port just a few blocks down, so there is some heavy truck traffic. We didn't turn on the a/c or fan for the first few nights - the weather was perfect - but turned on the fan the last night, which effectively drowned out all outside noise. Our room was across from the ice machine, which made lots of noise. Since I don't think the hotel was full, I was surprised that they would assign us a room in a less than ideal location (and that's the main reason I didn't give 5 stars). Also, across the street is a Wendy's, pizza place, a small mini-mart and a café. The breakfast in the hotel was very good - hot pancakes, sausage or bacon, and a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express, Port Hueneme, California. Port Hueneme, the "Jewel of the California Coast" is situated between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara and is within walking distance to the beautiful, pristine beaches of Port Hueneme. Our spacious, newly renovated guest rooms feature refrigerators and microwaves in every room and a complimentary Express Start breakfast served each morning. For exploring the area, the Holiday Inn Express is unmatched among hotels in Port Hueneme. Stay with us and you're just a short stroll from beautiful beaches, great shopping, excellent restaurants, fun attractions and local nightlife with Santa Monica and downtown Los Angeles under an hour away. Time your visit just right and you can join us for exciting annual events such as the Point Mugu Quiksilver Surf Competition, Port Hueneme Beach Festival, Ventura County Fair, Point Mugu Air Show, California Strawberry Festival, Banana Festival or Salsa Festival. Our government or business travelers will enjoy our close proximity to the main entrance of Naval Base Ventura County, the Port of Hueneme and many major businesses. The 24-hour Business Center and complimentary wired and wireless HSIA offer convenience, and our spacious meeting room is perfect for hosting meetings or events. This Port Hueneme hotel is also located just a few blocks from the new U. S. Seabee Museum and three miles from the Ventura County Maritime Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Hueneme Hotel Port Hueneme
- Country Inn Port Hueneme
- Port Hueneme Country Inn