“Good place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Port Hueneme
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Very pleasant people who run this motel, even gave us an upgrade! Room was large and very clean. just down the road is the Sea bees museum which is worth a visit. A very safe motel. Although breakfast is included there wasn't a lot to choose from except cakes. Steill well worth the money, very pleased with our stay

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Ok, the place is clean and has a good rate. But strange things seem to be happening.... 1) the laminated paper @ the front desk and on the room door lists some general "hotel rules", only the 2nd rule is NO PROSTITUTION! Ummm, what? Also the room sort of smelled like citrus cleaner @ first, but now smells like animal urine/kitty litter. Not sure what is up w/ that, cuz there is no carpet, but maybe they used to allow pets and just covered up the bad carpet w/ wood tiling? Owner is kind of weird and seems to stalk the grounds a lot. As long as my car dosent get busted into, guess I'm cool w/ it. @ any rate, since it was clean, cheap, and has fast internet, I guess its allright. Most places in Cali are frustrating, and this hotel is no different. Just wish id had a stuffed nose that night!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank AmericanTravlr
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
We have been in business for over 35 years in Port Hueneme. Our motto is to run a reputable business. The sign that you mention is dated from over 35 years ago. And thanks to your feedback, we have removed it from our property. Since your visit, new carpet has been installed in the rooms. We certainly hope to see you back at our property very soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I travel to Ventura County several times per week and this is the best deal in town. Direct t.v. w/ internet acces, you can't beat it. Close to the beach w/ restaurants and fast food within walkimg or driving distance. The staff is pleasant and helpful also. Keep up the good work y'all. I suggest America Best Value Inn to all my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kapone93033
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have to admit, I was skeptical. I had booked a reservation at A.B.V.I., then came across a post that was less than sterling. Well, it was to late to change my reservation so I checked in. What I experienced was nothing like the derogatory review I had seen.
The hotel is clean, well run and safe. I had a couple of opportunities to speak with the manager and his wife, and found them friendly and accommodating. The rooms have been recently updated, and house keeping is reliable and I didn't have to worry about my property.
Fortunately, I didn't take the disgruntled guest advise. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank tennisball_11
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I had a nice one night stay here. My room was upgraded to a larger room with a king
sized bed. The room was clean, had a mini-fridge & microwave. Motel was very
convenient with a Thai & Vietnamese Pho restaurants closeby. Couch in the room
had seen better days. Staff was very cordial & accomodating. Only negative for me was
the breakfast was not available until 8am. Very quiet & restful.

Room Tip: Join the ABV
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank hplunkett
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My husband and I checked in and went to the room. The room was small, the curtain didn't close completely, their was writing on the wall and scratched into the furniture. We were tired and decided to put our bags down and settle in anyways. Then my husband tried to turn on the TV. It didn't work and that was enough for us. We were only in the room 2 minutes and were charged $25 for the 2 tissues my husband used to blow his nose. If that wasn't enough, the guy at the desk was rude when we told him we were taking our business elsewhere and that the TV didn't work. He kept implying that there was something illegal going on in the 2 minutes we were in the room. That right there tells me that he must run into that type of illegal activity on a regular basis. Ewwwww! If you are a Navy family hoping to stay near base, don't. Scrape up a little more cash and stay at the big hotel down the street. It's much cleaner, comfortable and you get a good breakfast, in the morning.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank 14Navymom99
Neeta P, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Unfortunately, your visit was before our remodel. The rooms now have beautiful new furniture and flat screen T.V.'s. I apologize for your unsatisfactory customer service from the front desk. I assure you that we have taken appropriate action so this does not happen again. Our rooms do include breakfast in the morning and we hope that you give us another try when you are in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Port Hueneme hotels

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

I have been here several times and each time I find a clean room, friendly staff and a place to get away to. Sam, in the front office, has been particularly helpful to me in the past and I look forward to his help each time I come. I use the place as a personal retreat spot and it is perfect for my needs.

Room Tip: The Queen bed room is nice
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn
Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard / Port Hueneme? Share your experiences!