“Great hotel with a Great location”

Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Port Hueneme
Jersey
“Great hotel with a Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

My boyfriend and I reacently stayed at this hotel for a wedding over the Fourth of July weekend. Everything about the hotel was great, even though the style is a little older fashioned but I think it just goes with the area. The room was clean and the sheets were changed every day, we showed up to our room when the maid was in the middle of changing our sheets. Our room had an air conditioner but after talking to a few of the other guest at the wedding that were also staying at the hotel I learned that not all the rooms had one. I didn't find that it was hot enough to really need it on everyday, even though my boyfriend did, I know on the hotter days it would be crazy necessary. So if you do stay here try to request a room with one just in case. The pool and jacuzzi area were clean and well kept. I didn't wake up in time for the breakfast or made it to happy hour so I can't comment on them. I do however have a recommendation, definietly try Mrs. Olson's.....the food is fantastic and you get A LOT of it, there usually is a wait so if you area party of more then 4 be prepared to wait but trust me it is definietly worth it!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Tennis4u20, manager at Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club, responded to this review, 16 July 2009
Congratulations to the Newlyweds! and Thank You for your positive response. This lovely area of California is relatively cool most times of the year, I'm happy to announce our completion of our downstairs units with air-conditioning and in process of completing the upstairs. We look forward to your next visit and hope your travels will bring you back to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

stayed here for 4 days and nice place. kept up well, clean, and friendly staff. had air conditioned room but not all rooms air conditioned. breakfast is basic but okay. great deal for the price.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Tennis4u, Manager at Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club, responded to this review, 4 May 2009
We sincerely thank you for your business, we want all of our guests to feel "home away from home" when they stay at the Casa Via Mar and appreciate your comment. Look forward to providing you accomodations in the near future.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

The motel is kept up in great condition, the problem is there is no air conditioning. During our stay there the heat was unbearable, the room had a ceiling fan and another small fan that we used but it didn't provide any relief from the heat. The room never got below 90 degrees all night long. It was one miserable night stay. We decided to cut our visit short and returned home. We went to Huenume to visit friends that had just arrived in town and that we spent many years with at the Seabee base. The motel accomodation was ok, but with no air conditioning it was an unbelieveable miserable stay. The management should have inform us when we booked the room that their motel wasn't air conditioned. The room rates would indicate to any person looking for a motel that it was up scaled and at least had air-conditioning.

• Liked — Location to the Seabee Base
  • Disliked — No Air Conditioning
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darbyboy

Travellers are raving about these Port Hueneme hotels

los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2008

This is one of my favorite hotels because I and my friends can drink beer and carouse loudly except for the few times when we are annoyed by idiots like the one from San Diego who left the review below. One wonders if he works for Embassy suites after reading his review. This hotel has a very clean pool and jacuzi and drinks are only one dollar in the clubhouse during happy hour. Some of the rooms have kitchens so you can by produce fresh at the local farmstands and cook in the room. This is my favorite hotel.

• Liked — roomy, clean
  • Disliked — need a credit card to pay bill even when you have cash
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank economike
NW Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

I travel frequently on business and have stayed at Casa Via Mar on several ocassions. I enjoy its unique charm and burnt orange colored counter tops. I too was dismayed at the viciously negative review posted by the San Diego man. It is obvious something went badly wrong and it is impossible to know who is to blame. I personally enjoy my stay, and appreciate the fact that the rooms, like many older hotels in the area, do not have air conditioning. This area of California is relatively cool most times of the year. The rooms however do have ceiling and table top oscillating fans for those few days when needed. The hotel has always been clean and the staff well mannered on my visits. The rooms are large and are furnished with a refrigerator and a couch. The amentities such as free movie rentals, coffee and donuts, and a newspaper are welcome. I have never used the tennis courts, swimming pool, or the clubhouse, but they look well maintained. This is a modestly priced hotel, in a nice area, close to the base, and a short distance from the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank FL_TECHNOLOGY
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2005

I was a little shocked to read the one review in which the reviewer said stay away at all costs. My wife and I lived at this hotel for 4 straight months in 2002, and it was one of the most enjoyable times in our lives. We're quiet folks and found the experience nothing but a pleasant one.

Yes, the hotel has no A/C - you don't need it there. At night it was so cool with the screen door off the balcony open that we needed blankets. Apparently the individual who posted their bad experience and got into a screaming match with the office staff didn't stay long enough to find out the A/C was not needed. I can't imagine anyone getting into a screaming match with the front desk - everybody I met there was extremely friendly and helpful.

The hotel had over 1000 free movies, a hot tub, pool, outdoor grills, tennis courts, beautiful climbing bogenvilla, and was kept immaculately clean. Our neighbor lived next door the entire time we did and he also had a great experience.

The hotel is a quiet, old-fashinoned style motel with a friendly staff. We enjoyed our 4 months there so much we even sent the front desk a Christmas Card in 2002.

On my next trip to California, I'll be staying at the Casa Via Mar.

• Stayed May 2002, travelled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2004

I just read the intensely negative review of the Casa Via Mar MOTEL and was dismayed to hear such comments. Casa Via Mar MOTEL is a quaint, comfortable place to relax. There are 6 wonderful tennis courts, an enticing pool, and an efficient staff willing to make their guests feel welcomed. Casa Via Mar MOTEL is a perfect fit for the coastal community of Port Hueneme. Is it an Embassy Suites or Marriott HOTEL? An emphatic NO, it is not. Casa Via Mar MOTEL is not a chain hotel. It has its own personal identity. Casa Via Mar MOTEL has a keen sense of ambiance, knitted together with the small town atmosphere, creating a pleasureable experience. My parents have stayed there and have always enjoyed the added amenities such as the complimentary doughnuts, juice, and newspapers readily available in the lobby. Breakfasts are cooked to your taste and a large selection of family videos for in-room viewing are available. We've never visited during "Happy Hour," but that's another "perk" of staying at this unique motel.
Obviously, the other guest did not want what Casa Via Mar MOTEL offered in the environment for which it was intended. Isn't it great that there was an Embassy Suites HOTEL so close to service guests such as himself?

16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Hueneme
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Casa Via Mar Inn and Tennis Club? Share your experiences!