“A Neighborhood Gem”
Review of L & J Delicious Cafe - CLOSED

L & J Delicious Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 September 2013

A small, clean family restaurant with a terrific chef (Leonardo), I won't call him a cook because what we had for dinner was prepared by someone of 'chef' caliber. The appetizers were amazing! A very clever twist on Jalapeño Poppers ... only far superior to any that I've had before. These were baked and wrapped in bacon ... Outstanding! Our entrees were really good, my wife had herb crusted talapia with pesto sauce, Spanish rice and fresh vegetables. I had blackened salmon Caesar salad, ( I would have liked it more if the salad were tossed in the Caesar dressing instead of the dressing in a little cup, but this is a minor niggle.) Everything was very well prepared, the service was very friendly and we will be back next time for breakfast/lunch.... Especially since we live only a five minute walk away.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This restaurant has it all: Small family owned, clean, fresh, everything cooked to order, very friendly. The tilapia was easily one of the best I have ever had. I look forward to visiting again!!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This cafe opened only three weeks before our visit. It's a family owned establishment, very friendly, fresh food, clean and they made strawberry milk shakes for us even though it's not on their menu.
Great coffee, breakfast sandwich, burger, steak dinner, fish & chips and strawberry short cake. By far our favorite find this trip.