Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Porterville
Earlimart Motel(Earlimart)
Kaweah Motel(Exeter)
Village Inn(Tulare)
View Hotel
All reviewssequoia national parknewer hotelrecommend this hotelanother guestcoffee machinegreat hotelgood sizestayed for nightsswimming poolwould stay here againbusiness tripnoisedeskhwy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This is a new hotel and it is fantastic. I travel a lot for business and stay in expensive hotels all of the time like the Ritz and Conrad. I was NOT disappointed in this stay but rather extremely pleased with how pleasant it is. Keeping in mind, it is a Holiday Inn in Porterville and costs less than $150 a night, I thought the rooms are very nicely furnished and extremely well constructed. Nice stone floor in the bathroom and corian like counters. Nice carpet, color schemes, toiletries, showers, pool, jacuzzi, breakfast, staff.

I would ask for a room on the parking lot side as the back side of the hotel does have a busy road behind it (I stayed on parking lot side). Also the sheets were a little cheap. But the cookies at the front desk were good enough to make up for it!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
GMHIEXPorterville, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Porterville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel. We always appreciate it when our guests take the time out of their busy day to give us feedback. We take great pride in our property and taking care of our guest. Thank you again for your time and feedback. Aimee Johnson-Guest Services Manager. **P.S. I am so glad you loved the cookies!

Reviewed 8 April 2009

the amenities and location were fine. But was not told at check-in about the loud and noisy road behind the hotel. Wal-mart distribution center located behind a truck went by quite often and made for a long night trying to sleep. Maybe other side of hotel is quieter

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our property. I am sorry that your night was not as restful as it should have been. Next time you visit the area we will do our best to ensure that you are in a room on the other side of the property. I want to again thank you for your time and truly appreciate your comments. Aimee Johnson- Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2009

Excellent bed, rooms, sparkling clean, can't ask for much more.
Rooms quiet and location secure

Free breakfast ok, eggs so-so, otherwise pretty good.

A tad expensive for Porterville, but an excellent overall experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I was traveling alone on business from out of state. This hotel seemed to have good reviews on TripAdvisor.com, so I took a chance. I had never been to Porterville and had many questions for the desk staff. They were incredibly helpful, especially one young lady. I believe her name may have been Amy. (Forgive me if I'm wrong.) I needed a haircut and she volunteered to contact her personal hair dresser. I asked about where to find a place to buy some of those great CA oranges and she not only mapped out a few locations of produce stands for me, but she further researched additional options. She was very personable and I appreciated all she did! I also appreciated the gift bag that the gentleman who checked me in handed to me. What a great touch! It's those little extras, like a bottle of water and a snack, that makes customers remember truly excellent service & care.

I paid a little extra for the King Suite, and it was well worth it! The room was excellent! It was clean and spacious. It was equipped with fridge, extra sink, microwave, iron & board, hairdryer, etc. I really liked the little extras, such as the body scrub, sewing kit, in-wall bathroom shelves, extra large shower head, extra pillows, fast internet connection, coffee maker, etc. The continental breakfast had many warm & cold options & I was quite satisfied with this. My only regret is that, after passing all those wonderful orange groves on the way in, there were no oranges at the breakfast buffet. I came in late, so if they did have any, it's possible they were gone by the time I arrived. They did provide fresh orange juice, cranberry juice, several milk options, and coffee/tea, aside from the eggs, cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, sausage, muffins, cinnamon buns, bananas, etc.

I've stayed in many hotels. I cannot recall any that topped my experience here. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Porterville, CA.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank m-strings
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Stayed here for three nights for a family wedding and the accommodation was excellent. The bedrooms are large and very well decorated. The beds are really comfortable and the linen/towels are very good. Breakfast is basic and only okay. There is a lovely heated pool at the rear of the hotel but unfortunately this is backing onto a busy road. All in all we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)