Motel 6 Porterville
US$76
US$165
HIExpress.com
Great 4.5/5
Super 8 Lindsay Olive Tree(Lindsay)(Great Value!)
US$93
TripAdvisor
Village Inn(Tulare)
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2008

Absolutely the worst motel experience of my life. It was the first time I have ever stayed in a motel where the temperature in every room is controlled by an outside thermostat. There were no individually controlled units. At nightfall, when it drops below a certain temperature outside, the air conditioning is turned off to all the rooms. We complained about being so hot through the night, but got no results. One other thing. There were no drawers to put your clothes, no chair, no table, no nightstand. All we got was a bed and a TV. I am not exaggerating.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Tracker500
Reviewed 19 April 2007

The most durty hotel of our vacation in USA, a used condom bag next to the bed, urine on the toilette and hairs on the shower. Strange people hanging around on rooms.
That was my second Motel 6 and last one on my vacation, pay 20-30 dollar more but get a safer and clean room.
I wrote to Motel 6 relations department and hope that this Motel will lose the Motel 6 name, is better for the department if they don't want to loose more client.
Enjoy your holiday

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank mcallan
Reviewed 14 January 2007

O.k. We stayed there because it was the only hotel available. All the other rooms were taken at the Best Western. I got up in the middle of the night and I'm not kidding you, I went out to smoke a cigarette and it was like "The night of the living dead", there were these zombie looking people milling outside of their rooms. They were obviously totally wacked on crystal meth. They seemed nervous and paranoid and it wasn't like it was just one room, it was like every other room. It was freaky. It's a total drug motel and they sell and use there. Don't you dare go there, especially if you have kids, they might be caught in a gunfire shootout (you know how paranoid crystal meth people get) DISGUSTING. I don't know why the Porterville Police department doesn't do anything about it. It's disgusting. I drive down Olive and can point out at least nine people every time I drive down that street that are completely gone on crystal meth. It's disgusting and I don't see too many "controlled substance" arrests. One person told me (just moved here last year) that I wouldn't believe it if she told me, but the police are involved in keeping the users safe. NOW I REALLY FEEL SAFE. And it made sense. I see so many obvious users walking down the street and if it is obvious to me, it should be 100% times more obvious to them. It seems like they just "let it slide". Great, thanks Porterville Police Department. I feel safe now.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank Jillian1
Reviewed 11 August 2006

I'm not sure who wrote the other reviews, but I seemed to have had a totally different experience. Over the years I had come to expect that a Motel6 was not fancy, but clean. The Motel 6 in Porterville - and I'm not picky - was absolutely filthy. I would rather sleep in a tent in a park. Very Dirty in all aspects.

I would only stay here in a terrible pinch - and I would sleep in a sleeping bag on top of the beds.

Beware of the Motel 6 Porterville!!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank Mndy1
A TripAdvisor Member
Lemoore, CA
Reviewed 3 February 2006

We stayed at Motel 6 in Porterville, we stayed one night @ 38.87. They charged me $38.87 and $259.14 on my credit card. I called them to see why they charged me so much the manager told me I needed to go over there with my credit card and that he can not explain it over the phone. So I took time off of work went over there and they had already credit me 86.38. When I was there they had credit me the remaining balance. The manager was very rude and nasty about the whole situation. He not once tried to apologize for their mistake. I will not stay @ this Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed: January 2006