Sierra Motel
Chalet View Lodge(Graeagle)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$125
Orbitz.com
US$85
US$87
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am a vendor and was doing a show in Graeagle. Everything in the area was absolutely over priced so I looked into staying in
Portola. Let me tell you, I called the Sierra Motel and what pulled me in was the Outstanding Customer Service Chuck gave me when I called. I have my own business so customer service is key. Anyway the price was right too because I was there working instead of vacationing. Check in was easy, rooms were affordable,
I slept like a log even though I was
away from the comforts of home.
I would definitely recommend staying at the Sierra Motel and also as a lady I felt safe, but my
husband was with me as well. The room was spotless and for the price it was great. Thank you Chuck.
I forgot your daughters name but she is sweet as well. Anytime I roll through Portola, Graeagle area.
I am staying with Chuch at the Sierra Motel

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Roxxy775
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We reserved two rooms at the Sierra Motel. Check in was easy, and we appreciated the free movie rentals. The rooms though were not impressive, especially for the price. In one room, the shower was rusted and dirty. In the other room, the shower only came out in a thin line - no spray. You could easily hear noise/conversations from the next room. Rooms were VERY dated and in poor condition. I saw another review that mentioned newer rooms. We were obviously not in those. They did have newer flat screen tvs and dvd players though which was nice. Breakfast vouchers allow you to redeem them at a small restaurant a couple of blocks away for a choice of breakfast burrito/breakfast sandwich/oatmeal plus coffee/juice/tea. The breakfasts were simple. I had the breakfast burrito which was a flour tortilla, eggs, and cheese with a side cup of Pace salsa. There was a choice of three meats that could be added. All in all, we thought the motel was a bit pricey for the quality. They cater to a lot of railroad folks, so I think they have a steady clientele regardless of price. We'll look elsewhere the next time we're in the area.

Portola Travel Tip: The Railroad museum is a MUST especially if you have older kids. Our kids (ages 9-12) LOVED exploring the numerous rail cars. We've been to a lot of museums, and they said it was their favorite - better even than the Exploratorium. We spent twice as much time there as planned because we all enjoyed it so much. Lots of climbing involved to explore the old cars, but so much fun! The family pass was a good deal for our family of six.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank wadelle2
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Was a very clean room. loved it. They only have a few rooms. So plan early. Not to many rooms but they are very nice. I am disabled and the shower was really big. Love it. Just a small town but very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2012

In the town of Portola there are no three star or higher motels. I would rate this as a two star motel in the range of 1-5 stars. However, as a two star motel it is is quite nice. My wife and I stayed on a Tuesday night and paid about $80. Our room had a double bed, a small table, and two chairs. The beds are comfortable and the sheets and bedding are clean. The sink is immediately outside the shower/toilet room. The soap and other amenities are OK but nothing that I would "take" home if not used. It appears as if the room had been remodeled recently. The hotel is on the main street and I was worried a little about road noise. There was some road noise in the late afternoon but after 8 p.m. the road and town seem to become very quiet. There is minimal road noise until about 5 or 6 a.m. in the morning. As with these types of motels the walls are a little thin but most people seemed to go to bed early and then leave early. What was surprising to me when I registered is that people staying overnight are given a free breakfast at a small coffee shop, Nicoles. The owner's wife owns it and you drive to the coffee shop and have a choice of a breakfast burrito, egg sandwich, bagel and cream cheese or oatmeal with dried fruit. Coffee or tea is also included. We had the egg sandwich and it was very good. Each item is prepared daily. The egg in the sandwich has some herbs and had a good taste. The bacon with the egg was crisp. If you want to order items other than what is given to motel visitors, the prices for other foods are very reasonable. I would stay at this motel again if I was visiting Portola.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stop by here every year. The owners are very nice. We always stay on the new side of the motel. No problems. We do wish for a blow dryer in the room and Kleenex and a shelf by the sink and the walls r thin, but it is Very clean. Movies in the office which is nice. Nice place. Only thing that was offputing was smelling the cigarette smoke in the office. Gross.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple