“Giving everyone an opportunity to enjoy top notch gourmet food without buyer's remorse.”
Review of The Feel Good Cafe - CLOSED

The Feel Good Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Completely surprising. Absolutely understated atmosphere created evidently on purpose; marketing genius! Gourmet cuisine like you'd never expect from Portola's "funk zone" at a price too good to be true, but it is true. It's like chef Elise is playing a trick on someone, but certainly not the customer - you'll walk out of that little restaurant feeling better than good, you'll feel elated.

2  Thank Profotodude
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nothing gets better than being at a restaurant where you can enjoy a bottle of Jordan Cabernet, a delicious meal at a very reasonable price AND your 7 year old child says, "I love this restaurant". The Feel Good Cafe caters to all!! I had the Chicken and Vegetables with Yellow Curry and my husband had the Flank Steak with a homemade BBQ sauce. We really felt like the owner/chef Elise had invited us over to her house - cooking up delicious, from scratch, homemade recipes. The other thing we were so intrigued by is that what is on the menu at Feel Good is not only tasty, but unique verses run of the mill restaurant fare. Our son ate everything on his plate! Next time you are in the area, definitely make a stop at the Feel Good Cafe!!

3  Thank time2goSanDiego
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Elise Tiffany is a treasure. She brings experience from her French restaurant in the Santa Cruz area to this amazing little town and serves up tasty, health-conscious dishes that make your body and your wallet feel good.

3  Thank Roberta M
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After hearing how fantastic the food is at The Feel Good, Steve and I decided on the night of the holiday festival in old town, to give it a try. We were greeted by Elise, the owner/chef, and were immediately made to feel at home. I ordered Portobello mushroom soup, and a smoked salmon appetizer that was incredible. Steve ordered two Angus beef sliders, one with sharp cheddar, the other, with blue cheese. I had a couple of glasses of some the best Pinot Noir I've ever tasted, and Steve had a German pilsner that was excellent. Around 6 p.m., a young woman with a guitar sat down and played and sang her heart out. Beautiful. This place is not "fancy" but the food is off the chart gourmet, California bistro style, that anywhere else would cost many times over what we paid for it. Elise is not only cordial, but is genuinely interested in her patrons, and will take her time to talk for a bit. Unless she's slammed, she cooks every order fresh. No pre-made anything. By the way, with a little advanced notice, she can cook anything your heart desires. We went in again and I ordered traditional cheese fondue, my friend ordered flank steak with rosemary and wine reduction sauce, my hubby ordered steak with homemade teriyaki...OH MY GAWD...so delicious. Again, terrific acoustical guitar music, and lovely wine. If you find yourself in Portola, California, do yourself a favor and stop in for lunch or dinner. Now...don't expect "fancy" -- the décor is "Plain Jane Simple" but if you want a great meal prepared fresh, with great service, nice wine, and (if you are lucky) wonderful music, The Feel Good Café is perfect for you. I can't wait for summer so we can dine outside!

4  Thank peggy and steve w