“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Lord Mayor's Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Barton Mills B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Mature couple staying for a surprise birthday party and this location was perfect as was the venue and service. The closeness to the Eleveden Estate was an added bonus.

The Eason for the trip was to attend a surprise birthday party, we could not have chosen a better spot.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here for one night last week as I had a job interview in nearby Mildenhall the next day. It was absolutely perfect. It was very easy to find and had parking out front. Vicky was wonderful - friendly and helpful - and made me feel at home straight away. While I didn't go outside, the garden looked amazing from my bedroom window. The room itself had everything I needed and, considering I had an interview the following day, I slept soundly in a comfy bed!

Breakfast the following morning was superb.

Overall, it was a top notch place and I would heartily recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: ask for the biggest one :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

If you have a reason to visit the countryside around Suffolk, or even if you don't, make it a point to stay at this lovely B&B. The hosts are incredibly gracious and will treat you like one of the family--or even better than one. Vicki and Kelsey are wonderful people, generous and kind, and wonderful founts of knowledge about the local region. I highly recommend the delicious full English breakfast. Vicki prepares it just right--and make sure to try the black pudding and Newmarket sausage. The 15th century cottage is quite a sight to behold and in excellent condition. The gardens are exquisite and we spent a number of pleasant afternoons exploring and lounging in them. The cottage is a perfect central location for exploring the surrounding villages and sights. Its an easy drive to Bury St. Edmunds, Cambridge, Newmarket, and Lavenham, for example. Finally, the cottage is in walking or biking distance to a wonderful pub (The Bull Inn), trails, and villages (Barton Mills, Mildenhall). Well worth the visit--even if just to get our of London for a weekend. Writing this makes me wish I was still there...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed for one night as we came down on a plane spotting get away. the Lord Mayor was very easy to find with its own private car parking out front. On arrival our host was friendly, curtious, and accomadating to the highest of standards. We were delighted to be offered a fresh pot of tea once we had been shown our room and became settled. The room was extremely clean with nice personal touches, one of which was a selection of dvd's in the halway for guests to help themselves and enjoy. The bed was as comfortable as anyone could imagen.
Athough the the two rooms are not on-suit, do not be put off. the bathroom room was of a very high standard with the cleanliness being exceptional. Breakfast was in the main dinning room of the house but never once did we feel like intruders being in a private house. We feld that we were very welcome at every opportunity that arised. The breakfast was cooked fresh with very nice produce, we felt spoiled. None of our simple needs were left unattended.
Myself and my girlfriend really enjoyed our brief stay at the Lord Mayor Cottage and would happily book next time we plan to visit the area.

The Lord Mayor's Cottage; a hidden away, peaceful retreat

Best Wishes and Warmest Regards
Andy and Rebecca

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2012

This is a beautiful B & B in a gorgeous old thatched cottage. The room was exceptionally clean and warm, with quality bedlinen and bathroom products. The breakfast was AMAZING, and the hosts were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this highly, best B & B I have stayed in in the UK. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Our main reason for choosing this B&B was that they accepted dogs (it is getting harder and harder to find decent places that accept "man's best friend" in this nation of so called animal lovers). The bedrooms are extremely pleasant, and the owners very friendly and helpful. As others have noted, the house itself is a striking thatched cottage, and the extensive gardens well worth using. Breakfast was also great.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Lovely, friendly family run B&B they couldnt do enough for us. We were staying in the area for a wedding and they were super accomodating to all our requests. Beautiful gardens and wonderful breakfast first thing in the morning. I will be recommending to all my friends! PERFECT! great, value for money!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Barton Mills
Appletree Cottages
Appletree Cottages
#1 of 1 in Barton Mills

Been to Lord Mayor's Cottage? Share your experiences!