“Friendly and excellent service”
Review of The Oakroom Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Oakroom Restaurant
mildenhall
“Friendly and excellent service”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Wehave eaten in the restaurant on many occasiosn over the years and have never once been disapointed.

The staff have alawys been super efficient and friendly.

I would and do recommend the Bull to everyone, the bar food is just as excellent as the restuarant, and if you eat in other establishments in the area of the same excellent quality the pricing is not expensive at all, the food is all freshly cooked and nothing has ever been too much trouble

• Visited May 2013

“good food but too pricey”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Too expensive the restaurant doesn't offer the same food as the bar which it should. if you eat in the bar the sticky toffee pudding is to die for.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 247375Spam
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Absolute Rip Off!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Went to The Olde Bull Inn at Mildenhall for a drink and snack. We were charged £3 for a pint of soda water and lime. £3 for a tiny tiny portion of chips and again for a tiny tiny portion of horrible greasy onion rings. Complained to staff who were not interested. Toilets were grubby and smelt.

3 Thank James T
london
“Great Food - Great Service”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We ate breakfast here each morning we stayed at the hotel and had dinner here in the evening of Valentine's Day.

The meal was a fixed price with four or five choices on each course.

The food was magnificent - well cooked and decent portion sizes. I had lamb for my main course and it was succulent and delicious. My husband had chicken stuffed with sausagemeat and wrapped in bacon which was also very yummy.

Beautifully presented, delicious food and attentive service - what more could you ask for?

Visited February 2012
“Manager cheryl extremely rude, poor quality food at high prices!!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Never have I been so incensed as to write a review about appalling customer service at a restaurant!! Having waited what seemed a very long time (for a week night in a quiet restaurant!) I was served a tiny chicken breast covered in bacon that was so 'crispy' it nearly broke my tooth and filled with 'cheese' that I had to ask the waitress where indeed the cheese was!!! The chicken was far too over cooked ad extremely dry, so much so I left over half on my plate.
When Cheryl the manager came over she greeted us with 'I hear there's a problem over here? Lovely start! she then proceeded to tell us that the chicken had been 'tested in the kitchen' and that it was as it was supposed to be!! I made it clear to her that I was unhappy with the way my meal had been cooked but was offered no reduction - not even an apology!
Needless to say we left after paying full price extremely unsatisfied customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING NEEDED!! would not recommend.

1 Thank Christineredlodge
OldeBullInn, Owner at The Oakroom Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
As a business we fully endorse the use of Trip Advisor but on this occasion have had to advise Trip Advisor of the inaccuries contained within it. The guests recolloction of events is very different to that we encountered. The guests in fact ate in the bar (not the restaurant) and we are surprised the bedrooms were scored when the guests didn't ask to see them.