“Pleasant lunch and friendly staff ”
Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Delightful chargrilled burgers in bun. Bacon, cheese, peppers lettuce all squeezed in. Served with great chunky chips. Caesar salad was good too, with chargrilled chicken. Helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

ate a meal here whilst passing through the area early Fri evening. Great range of food, well cooked, price reflects the standard too.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have eaten here at least eight times in the past 18 months for a variety of occasions, both in the bar and main restaurant and we have always had great food and great service. We have a last minute un-booked meal up to a major family lunch celebration, always been fabulous.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband, 2 boys (ages 1 and 4), and I have been here several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also become one of our go to places to take friends and family that come visit. We've eaten in both the pub and the restaurant, but I find the restaurant to be more child friendly. They do ask that if your child is "unsettled" that you take him/her out for a "wander in the reception." We had to do that once or twice, but it's not that big of deal. The service is good, sometimes a little slow depending on how busy they are, but helpful and attentive nonetheless. I usually get one of the specials...a few weeks ago I had the salmon...light and delicious! My favorite dessert is the Bull Bocker Glory. It's like a sticky toffee pudding sundae...layered with ice cream and carmel sauce in a tall glass. Great place, I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had a business meeting here on a Saturday, and with limited time, was captive audience. On review of the menu, I opted for the Bangers and Mash, with seasonal vegetables. The meal was served with a gravy bowl that was scorching hot, to a gravely dangerous level, so much so, I was unable to even use it! The sausages? All three of them were as tough as an old pair of combat boots! The seasonable vegetables? Cabbage...and twelve peas. Then there was the mash...it was disgusting! I paid a lot of money for a disappointing meal and even had to ask for cutlery. Did I complain? No one even cared enough to ask! If you read my other reviews, you'll see I am not mean in my reviews, but have to say, this was the most disappointing meal I have ever has the misfortune to pay good money for. I wish I could find something positive to say about my meal, but leaving hungry and paying premium prices for garbage is a fair summary in my unfortunate experience.

4  Thank SSgt_Fury