The Bull Inn
Travelodge Barton Mills(Barton Mills)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$108
US$82
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$124
Orbitz.com
US$97
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Cadogan Hotel(Newmarket)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe pubprincess roomsteakbar areamurder mysteryzebra roommy partnerlocal producefood was fantasticchristmas partyscallopsfish and chipsthemed roomscooked to perfectionmilk bottleon tapduck
Reviewed 28 April 2012

You hear some good reviews about this place??? so we have visited twice now, the first time it was terrible, so went back again on a different day a few months later in case it was "chefs night off" !!

So the service was great, very friendly staff :-) THAT'S ALL!!

We are happy to pay for good food but this place is an expensive Joke!!

The duck starter came on a stupid small piece of slate, my food just kept falling on the table, and I think the recession may be hitting the kitchen as they were short of bread and chutney? There was nowhere near enough for the amount of duck, but for a few extra £'s you could get some bread!!

Same with the mains, on the first visit I had a not very well cooked steak (well overdone), with the chips falling off the edges of the stupidly small plate.

The second time I had the local Denham estate lamb (£16), It gives a bad name to local lamb, could not eat it all as it was too fatty and chewy!! At least the plate/bowl was big enough. The biggest problem was it had been burnt so the flavour soured the whole dish as the sauce must have been made in the same blackened pan...

The first two courses were poor so we thought a dessert might salvage the night but £6 for a DRY chocolate brownie, with no sauce and a small peice of ice cream!! Its a Joke

There are far better places to be found locally, I strongly suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Dgraham311
OldeBullInn, Owner at The Bull Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear CurryClub123

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, cleanliness & service - in fact so much so we received 4 out of 5 in all of these areas, but we're very disappointed that you then went on to give an over all average of 1 out of 5..... Where I went to school that would be at least a 3 :-)

I am rather concerned about some of the accuracy in your review and would be most grateful if you could contact me direct on 01638 711001 and provide more information eg: when did you dine with us?

Our lamb dish is £20, and we have never served chips on the plate , they are always on the side in a separate bowl, our steak plates are large, we also serve chocolate brownies with sauce on the plate. There is never an exception to any of these points. We would also provide additional complimentary toast & chutney if you had asked a supervisor.

We actively encourage feedback whilst guests are still with us so that we can do everything in our power to ensure the dining experience works for you. Nobody has bought any of this to our attention.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Cheryl Hickman

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Came to the resturant here last night and had a fantastic meal. The atmosphere was superb and the staff were excellent. We had Jade as our waitress and she was very helpful. The food was some of the best food that i have tasted in a very long time. We went as a date night and have decided that we will make this a regular trip.

The meal was just wonderful and the service was excellent. I would absolutley reccomend the Pork fillet on the resturant menu and the Sticky toffee pudding. What a fantastic evening and a wonderful meal. thank you so much guys. Stacie

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here on a business trip - really warm welcome, convenient location, loads of parking and spotlessly clean.

Had an amazing nights sleep in a wonderfully decorated room.

Pub Fare was superb - really recommend the sausages and mash! Breakfast was devine.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff would definately go again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2012

After checking a couple of other venues looking for somewhere to hold a small wedding breakfast someone suggested the Olde Bull and we are so glad that they did! The staff could not have done more to make our special day any more enjoyable. They went the extra distance to coordinate for our colour scheme and everything from their attention to detail in the room layout down to the superb food they provided was amazing. The moment we walked in the front door we were made to feel welcome and that nothing was too much trouble. We would not hesitate to recommend the Olde Bull for any function that you are planning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

With a substantial time lag involved in sending out my dry cleaning, and a load of dirty laundry, the proprietor offered to launder my clothes, offered hangers to dry the clothing in my room, and even more spectacularly, didn't charge me a cent for the service. The food at the downstairs pub was superb (and I had multiple meals there), the service was friendly without being overbearing, and I would have no reservations in suggesting unequivocally that someone stay at the Olde Bull. Excellent all around.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business