My husband and I stayed for just one night at the Olde Bull Inn, as we were dining at the nearby Tuddenham Mill. The Inn is a lovely old building which has been decorated in the style of a more modern boutique hotel providing a great balance between luxury and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious and well appointed. We ate out (and didn't surface in time for brekkie!) but the food we saw looked lovely and the restaurant/bar areas were very inviting. The only downside was that the room was swelteringly hot and unfortunately opening the one small window didn't make too much impact. I think this must be because of the heat from downstairs as it was better during the night once the bar had closed. That said, we would still happily stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bull Inn is not a B&B, it’s not hotel, but it is an award-winning boutique and quirky modern day coaching Inn, located near Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket in the picturesque county of Suffolk. The Inn and its dedicated owners simply radiate character, style and an eccentric passion, which is simply infectious to all those who visit. Think funky and fresh within an amazing 500 year old coaching inn. The owners have created 15 individually designed boutique bedrooms, a 1 AA Rosette Restaurant, cosy pub with great wines, real ales and an open log fire for those cold winter evenings. There is also a fantastic courtyard to while away many a summer's day with family and friends. Improvement and refurbishment never ends at The Bull, with the passionate owners always seeking and trying new, exciting and sometimes crazy ideas! The Bull has a whole wall of accolades to boast including "Best Small Hotel in Suffolk," "Best Freehouse in East Anglia" and "Best Sunday Lunch" to mention a few and the whole business simply oozes character and a unique charm created by the hands-on owners. The team work hard to host events throughout the year, from live music nights, murder mystery dinners, charity evenings, themed Christmas parties and lunches with Santa. This unique destination inn is located in the picturesque village of Barton Mills, just 2 miles from Mildenhall. Barton Mills is just on the edge of Thetford Forest with the towns of Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Cambridge and Newmarket all within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bull Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olde Bull Hotel Barton Mills
- The Bull Inn Barton Mills, Mildenhall