“A fantastic concept but it doesn't quite achieve it.”
Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Barton Mills
Reviewed 29 September 2013

A little disappointed by this hotel given a lot of the previous reviews. In essence a great website which sadly is not met in reality. The hotel was a lovely 16th building which sadly felt cold and with little atmosphere. I expected to receive a warm welcome and good service but on checkout was waiting to be asked if all had been satisfactory but as we had already paid cash obviously this was not important.

The positives... a very comfortable bed and nice decor in rooms. The finish was poor with peeling paint and some cheap fittings. The bathroom ceramic fittings were fab but the taps were the most frustrating and useless ever. Also no hot water at 10.30am for shower.

We had prebooked lunch but decided not to stay. Could be a slick business but a way to go yet and definitely not worth the price we paid. In essence better professionalism and in need of a few special touches.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Dottiest
There are newer reviews for The Bull Inn

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Finally, a local pub with lovely hot food!

We came for an evening meal whilst my partners mum was visiting and it was fantastic.
The staff are very friendly and attentive and the food was tasty and hot (we've had a few experiences lately at other eating establishments where food has come to us warm,yuk).

We will most definitely be eating here again, fantastic.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night when visiting a wedding near by, We had previously eaten at The Bull Inn and the food had always been amazing, and this visit was the same. I especially enjoyed the breakfast. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and stylish. King size bed and super comfy. We stayed in the aubergine room and the en suite had little blue lights around the bath which was a nice little touch. There is ample parking and is a five minute drive from Mildenhall town. Although the hotel is quite close to the main room we heard no cars. nice and quiet. We were really pleased with our stay at The Bull Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Absolutely amazing!!! The grill menu was to die for, so many different steaks to choose from. The first night I had ribeye, it was very high quality and cooked to perfection! The next night I had the scallops to start, best I had EVER had and T-bone steak, Cajun butter, amazing chips and the biggest onion rings you've seen in your life! The owners were so chatty and friendly, especially Wayne who was an absolute delight to talk with. I will be back, thank you for an amazing stay!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Hubby and I stayed overnight last night and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 1 and it was beautiful. Very comfy bed, beautiful bathroom with a hot pink ceiling. :) The food was great and well priced. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because the floor in room 1 was on a slope which I suspect is due to the building being so old. Otherwise, I will definitely stay again and visit the resturant for yummy food. Enjoy. :)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a nostalgic return to the Mildenhall and Lakenheath area for me. It was the early seventies and I was a U.S.A.F brat at the time spending my formative teenage years attending high school at R.A.F. Lakenheath. I brought my wife to the area to show her where 'I grew up'. We chose the Bull Inn as our base for visiting the areas attractions and this was by far one of the best decisions I made during this trip. The hotel itself is full of history. Each room had a theme and was very comfortable. The staff was charming and very attentive. The restaurant was incredible, the food was outstanding especially the Filet Steak Tower! We spent time in the pub visiting with the local patrons talking politics (Mr. Cameron had just been elected Prime Minister) and enjoying their stories about the area. We've stayed at 5 star hotels before and I will say The Bull Inn measured up to pretty much anything we've experienced. We plan to return to the area again next year and we will be staying again with the folks at The Bull Inn! 5 Stars Without Question!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed at The Bull for two nights encompassing a trip to the races and couldn't fault the facilities and service we experienced. Having arrived very late in the evening, it was a pleasant surprise to be asked if we would like something from the kitchen. All the staff were very friendly and the quality of the food at breakfast, and in the restaurant for dinner, was excellent. The staff took a genuine interest in what we were doing during our weekend, which made us feel even more welcome. Best accommodation experience for a long time. We wish them every success!

Room Tip: Can highly recommend the Zebra room for a relaxing visit.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 11 in Bury St Edmunds
Worlington Hall
Worlington Hall
#4 of 5 in Mildenhall

Been to The Bull Inn? Share your experiences!