A little disappointed by this hotel given a lot of the previous reviews. In essence a great website which sadly is not met in reality. The hotel was a lovely 16th building which sadly felt cold and with little atmosphere. I expected to receive a warm welcome and good service but on checkout was waiting to be asked if all had been satisfactory but as we had already paid cash obviously this was not important.
The positives... a very comfortable bed and nice decor in rooms. The finish was poor with peeling paint and some cheap fittings. The bathroom ceramic fittings were fab but the taps were the most frustrating and useless ever. Also no hot water at 10.30am for shower.
We had prebooked lunch but decided not to stay. Could be a slick business but a way to go yet and definitely not worth the price we paid. In essence better professionalism and in need of a few special touches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bull Inn is not a B&B, it’s not hotel, but it is an award-winning boutique and quirky modern day coaching Inn, located near Mildenhall, Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket in the picturesque county of Suffolk. The Inn and its dedicated owners simply radiate character, style and an eccentric passion, which is simply infectious to all those who visit. Think funky and fresh within an amazing 500 year old coaching inn. The owners have created 15 individually designed boutique bedrooms, a 1 AA Rosette Restaurant, cosy pub with great wines, real ales and an open log fire for those cold winter evenings. There is also a fantastic courtyard to while away many a summer's day with family and friends. Improvement and refurbishment never ends at The Bull, with the passionate owners always seeking and trying new, exciting and sometimes crazy ideas! The Bull has a whole wall of accolades to boast including "Best Small Hotel in Suffolk," "Best Freehouse in East Anglia" and "Best Sunday Lunch" to mention a few and the whole business simply oozes character and a unique charm created by the hands-on owners. The team work hard to host events throughout the year, from live music nights, murder mystery dinners, charity evenings, themed Christmas parties and lunches with Santa. This unique destination inn is located in the picturesque village of Barton Mills, just 2 miles from Mildenhall. Barton Mills is just on the edge of Thetford Forest with the towns of Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Cambridge and Newmarket all within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your The Bull Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olde Bull Hotel Barton Mills
- The Bull Inn Barton Mills, Mildenhall