“Poway Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Poway
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Good service with a complete complementary breakfast. Located in more of a business park area, it is well off the highway making it very quite. This was our second trip to the area and we sought out this motel based on a previous positive experience. It has all the amenities we seek - comfortable room, good breakfast, pool, exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mitch_s_us
Larry R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your comments and recommendation.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here one weekend and the staff was very helpful in giving us directions to events in the area. The room was very neat and clean the bed was nice and comfortable :) I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. The continental breakfast was very good there was a good variety of food to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was by far the best Hampton Inn we have ever stayed at anywhere. The service was amazing and they always welcomed us back at night and every morning when we went for breakfast. It really is a wonderful hotel staffed by wonderful people and the manager was very nice. We read positive feedback prior to going and I have to say I agreed with every word of it. The facilities were excellent, it was in a lovely location close to shops, Costco and many facilities. It was spotlessly clean and comfortable. We really were super impressed and every Hampton Inn should look to this one as an example of how to get it right! We had a couple of really bad experiences with two Hampton Inns during our three week vacation but this hotel was the best one out there and we have stayed at many Hampton Inns. The breakfasts were very good but if I could offer just one small negative comment that would be the pastries were always dry and tasteless - almost cardboard like but the rest of the breakfast was very nice and given that the hotel and staff were so outstanding I almost feel bad complaining about the pastries. We visited with my sister and her husband from England and they were just as impressed as we were. Well done. You made us feel so welcome and it was just a treat to be made to feel special. Thank you. You made our vacation that much better with your genuine hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernadette K

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Since the first time I stayed at the Poway, California, it has been my favorite Hilton Group Hotel. Sebastian's efforts to make you feel welcome are sincere and it is like visiting a friend when you stop by his place. I try to stay at Hilton Group Hotels because they are consistently a cut above the rest. I don't just stay to take advantage of the awards program. I stay because the other hotel groups I am occasionally saddled with (due to lack of Hilton Group availability) generally are a disappointment. I recommend the Poway location to all of my friends and co-workers when they tell me they plan to be in the San Diego area. There are locations closer to the lab I work at but it is always worth the extra drive to stay at the Poway Hampton Inn.

2  Thank Robert B
Larry R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your comments and recommendation, see you soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very good hotel. Very close to business needs of my trip. Breakfast selection could be better. Managers reception a good addition, but could offer better snacks. Also should give a few more drink copons or at least not charge a coupon for soda.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. The coupons are used to keep track of how many drinks are given out, for inventoryand billing purposes. You can always ask for more tickets. Thank you again for your comments , hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

A few years ago when this hotel was fairly new we had the opportunity to stay here and loved it. We were traveling to the area again and fortunately found "room in the inn". Once again we found the staff to be extremely helpful, our room unbelievably quiet and clean, breakfast delicious and the breakfast room pleasantly staffed. We did not have the time to use the outdoor pools but could overlook them and that area seemed quite clean and well-maintained. This is a little off the beaten track for San Diego travelers but a lovely restful spot at the end of the day when the busy tourist is exhausted and just needs some peace and quiet, The views of the nearby hills and the sunrises, when the fog is not thick, are amazing. Poway is no sleepy town so your are close enough to restaurants, and shopping of all sorts in case you forgot something or the weather isn't quite what you had expected and you need alternate gear, Take a drive to the town of Julian and enjoy their apple offerings,

Room Tip: If you ask for a room overlooking the pools you can catch the sunrises,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel as well as providing excellent guest service. I have shared your comments with the entire team. Thank you again for your comments and recommendation and thank you for returning.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Thank for scouting a great location for this Hampton Inn. Most hotels build right off the freeway so you get the traffic noise. This one selected a business area, still close to restaurants, but quieter where business travelers like myself could get a really good night's rest.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your stay. We take pride in providing a quiet, comfortable place for people to stay. Look forward to having you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel
Ramada Poway
Ramada Poway
#3 of 3 in Poway
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo
Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Hampton Inn San Diego - Kearny Mesa

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway? Share your experiences!