“Clean Rooms, Limited Truck parking”

Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Poway
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights, room was very clean, good size, and the employees are all very nice. The upkeep of the property was seemed to be an all-day job, it was spotless. (not done yet---need 200 characters---ok, that sould do it)

• Stayed: August 2014
General M, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Blaise H,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Poway. We are delighted to hear our “employees are all very nice”. We work hard in providing our guests with a well-maintained property and are touched that you took notice. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Best Western Poway.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This BW looks like it is from an earlier era, but looks are deceiving. It was very quiet, beds were good, towels were excellent and overall sparkling clean. Staff was ultra pleasant. The breakfast was a bit weak as it lacked of fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs and butter.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
General M, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear vacationace,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Poway. We are delighted to hear our hotel is “very quiet and clean”. We work hard in providing our guests with a well-maintained property and are so pleased to have accomplished said task. Our breakfast has a rotating egg menu that consists of hard boiled eggs one day and scrambled eggs the next. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Best Western Poway.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I booked this hotel on Travelocity and requested two double beds as I was going to be sharing the room with a roommate. I called the hotel to confirm my request and they said yes.

On the morning I arrived in San Diego, I called the hotel to ask if there was a refrigerator in the room. I thought to check on the two double beds and I was told that I was booked to a single queen bed and that the only double was in a smoking room (didn't even realize hotels had smoking rooms anymore). The woman I spoke to was rude, abrupt and not helpful.

I can't do smoking because I'm seriously allergic. BW had me call Travelocity to see what they could do. The agent at Travelocity called the hotel and they confirmed that I would be getting only one bed (disaster!). Travelocity asked what I wanted to do and I told them I'd keep the reservation. I figured I'd look around at other hotels to see what I could find.

When I called the Best Western back to see what would be possible, I was informed that they cancelled my reservation since there were no rooms with two beds. Whaaaatttt???? I never wanted to cancel it.

I called Travelocity back and they said the reservation wasn't cancelled. I called BW back and they said they already sold the room to someone else. The staff was exceptionally rude and not helpful at all. I would never say there.

I then spent over an hour on with Travelocity while they tried to resolve the issue, because the reservation was supposed to be non-refundable.

I have to admit that Travelocity pulled through, got me a different reservation and did it without any additional cost.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Harleyfamily2013,

We appreciate you investing your time in reviewing our hotel. We always aim to wow our guests and are disappointed to have missed such an opportunity with you. We sincerely apologize for the issues you had with your reservation. Please know we have brought your concerns to our staff’s attention in hopes of improving our hotel. We hope that you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

While the rooms look to have be recently updated they are very small. They turned off the air everyday which makes the room pretty hot in the summer when you return. Windows and door let in a lot of noise although street was pretty quiet most of the night. Breakfast was okay one day (eggs and sausage), but only sausage and waffles rest of week. I doubt I'll ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Back rooms away from street would be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Keith L,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Poway. We always aim to wow our guests and are disappointed to have missed such an opportunity with you. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our staff in hopes of improving our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you missed the eggs during breakfast, as we rotate between scrambled and hard boiled eggs. We hope that you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel staff and the outside of the place were ok. We were not happy with the cleanliness of the room at all. Stained sheets, mildew smell in bathroom sink and shower and very dirty carpet (do not walk barefoot in the rooms). Not worth the money. It was our one trip this year and the hotel was not to our liking. Usually the quality of the hotel sets the mood for the trip and this was not a good one. Very far from any attractions. We drove to the beach and it took us at least 45 minutes to get to La Jolla. Lots of traffic and parking was not so easy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Felipa C
General M, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Felipa C,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. We sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We always encourage our guests to bring their concerns to our staff’s attention during their stay, so we can best address the situation. Please know we will be assessing the cleanliness of all of our guest rooms, in hopes of improving the stay of our future guests. We hope you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had never been to Poway and needed to be in San Marcos for a baseball tournament. It was actually a bit far but only about a 20 minute drive with no traffic. We chose Best Western because of the reviews and well-known name. This motel is an old-fashioned building with rooms in front and also in the rear of the building. Our room was in the back parking area with room access directly from the parking lot. It is not well lit and actually a little scary when returning after dark. The location is between a car dealership and other businesses with not many restaurants within easy walking distance. The room was updated in some ways with newer bathroom fixtures but the "closet" is located in the bathroom on a rack along the back wall. Also, with older construction you can hear other customers walking in the rooms overhead, as well as noise through the walls. We had a king room for two nights and on the third we asked and were told we could switch to a 2 queen room but were not advised of an extra charge. This was after returning to our room after 4:00 and finding it had not been cleaned (we were told "the day wasn't over yet!"). We actually checked out early and left before sleeping there a third night. We understood that we were obligated for three nights, but they charged us an extra upgrade fee for the night we didn't stay there. The breakfast was ok and eating area clean. Would not stay there again or recommend to to friends.

Room Tip: Stay in a room in the front of the motel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue H
General M, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Sue H,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. We aim to wow our guests and are disappointed to have missed an opportunity. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our staff so that future travelers will not have a similar experience. We hope you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

It has been a good experience staying here at Poway, San Diego at Best Western...people are helpful & Service!
Accommodations are good for the rooms and location, however, breakfast could use a little more variety to waffles & warm eggs

Atilla Yatman

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Best Western Poway. We are pleased to hear you had a “good stay” at our hotel. We work hard in providing “helpful” service and are delighted to have accomplished such task. As you mentioned, we are located near several of San Diego’s famous attractions and are glad you were able to benefit from it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Poway.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
Ramada Poway
Ramada Poway
#3 of 3 in Poway
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo
Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo

Been to Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel? Share your experiences!