“Great Experience”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Poway
California
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We gathered as a family for my Dad's memorial service so I had to wrangle 11 rooms and 25 people. Tim the General Manager was a great help as was all the staff. Very responsive to our needs and patient with large groups of people standing around visiting. The rooms were great-I heard no complaints from anyone in our group. The breakfast was fine.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. If there is anything we can do to make you next stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me.

858-748-6320

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
northern california
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We booked the Best Western Country Inn in Poway, CA on-line without even knowing where &/or how good it would be. It wasn't very far from a relative we were visiting, so I was hoping for the best. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. It was in a good area, the people were friendly and the room was very large & clean. Oh, the breakfast was wonderful. We will stay there again on our next visit down South.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2009

There was a blackout one night while we were staying at the Ramada. We checked out and the Best Western charged us the same as we paid in the Ramada. I thought that that was great customer service and we booked another stay after that night.
Clean rooms, comfy beds and no mildew smell. Nice place to stay!
The breakfast is no great shakes, but it is adequate.

We booked again for our next trip in August

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2009
Thank you for your response. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to seeing you agian. If you need anything, please feel free to contact me.

gm.bwpoway@excelhotelgroup.com
usa
Reviewed 1 May 2009

We booked thru hotwire for 4 people. Hotel gave 1 king bed and wanted to charge more for double bed. Also warned they could give smoking if booked thru third party website. They cannot honor special requests if booked thru other website. Charged $1 for a safe we did not ask or use. Breakfast limited and some of it stale. Room interior was new, nice, clean and quiet. Exterior 2 star.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank tripkahuna
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2009
Thanking you for taking a few moments of your time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 858-748-6320.

Best Western Country Inn
San Diego
Reviewed 6 April 2009

There are only 2 reviews of this hotel now on this site. I myself posted a review some years ago and there are at least half a dozen more. This hotel has not had good reviews and, although it now appears to be under new management, I think it is only fair that people considering this hotel should have all the facts. It is now listed as number one in Poway! How this can be with the new and much nicer Hampton Inn opening recently in the Poway area is beyond me. Just because this hotel has changed its name from Country Inn to Best Western Country Inn does not mean the previous reviews are redundant.

Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property.

Since your stay, we have made renovations to the hotel and have changed management as well as ownership.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you as we feel these changes have made our property a much more enjoyable place to stay.

Best Western Country Inn
northampton, ma
Reviewed 1 March 2008

They must be renovating rooms or something, because my experience was nothing like the two previous reviews.

I checked in with a polite deskperson, Kathleen. I was traveling as a single, but was afforded a room with a king size bed, good size refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

The bathroom has new brushed metal fixtures with faux marble and large shower head. The water pressure was fine and hot water was steady in temperature and abundant. The whole room looks quite new.

I didn't use the pool or hot tub, so I can't vouch for that.

The only complaint would be that the traffic nearby is quite loud -- not alot of sound insulation from the door.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Liked — Great price on Priceline, Fridge & microwave in room.
  • Disliked — Traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2008
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we have been recently renovated and do whatever we can to make each guest's stay as great as possible. If you have any questions, please contact me at 858-748-6320. We look forward to seeing you again.

Timothy Wizorek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
Ramada Poway
Ramada Poway
#3 of 3 in Poway
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway
La Quinta Inn San Diego - Miramar
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Best Western San Diego/Miramar Hotel
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo

Been to Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel? Share your experiences!