“Saturday Breakfast Spot”

Cuisines: American
Poway
“Saturday Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I always split the Huevos Mexicana, using egg whites, wheat toast and beans. We start off with "half caf", half regular and half decaf coffee, then switch to decaf. It is our time to detox from the week and just relax. You will never go without a refill because someone is always coming around checking on you and pouring more coffee. We have gotten to know some of the staff and it's nice to greet them every weekend. Our dish is the best and it always comes out perfect and delicious!

Visited November 2013

San Diego, California
“Friendly Poway Comfort Breakfast”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have been going to the Kountry Kafe in Poway for years and I can say that it is my favorite place to have breakfast in Poway. It is old and a bit dated, but that only adds to its charm. Booths and tables and a back porch, you will find a lot of locals frequently this place. With daily specials and big portions everyone can be happy. My favorite breakfast is the country fried steak and eggs with hash browns and toast. The Steak is always tender, not chewey and you can see the sausage in the gravy. hash browns are always excellent here, plenty crispy for me. Now this is not the best chicken friend steak I have ever had, or the best breakfast place, just the best in Poway. Since I live in Poway, I always feel at home here and so do all the regular patrons. This is not gourmet, but good comfort food.

• Visited January 2013
“Meh. Just Meh.”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Reminded me of a badly managed Denny's. Enough said.

Well maybe not enough said. Food: I could do better. Coffee: yuck. Service: nice people. Prices: Denny's

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jenna P
San Diego, California
“great hole in the wall!”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

amazing stuffed french toast but SUPER sweet. also the chorizo omelet is a huge hit. only bad part of this place is the slow service.

Visited June 2012
San Diego
“Will never go back”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Hubby and I used to go here for breakfast every weekend for about one year. However, the last time we went we were suddenly "invisible"...could not get service. Was totally ignored by three waitresses for over ten minutes...and the place was not even busy! We did not understand it, as we are better than average tippers. We never returned...................

Been to Kountry Kafe? Share your experiences!