Spanish Creek Motel
US$85
Agoda.com
Chalet View Lodge(Graeagle)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$147
US$105
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmakes you feelclean roomsmicrowaveofficemotelbed
Reviewed 29 July 2009

When in Quincy to fish, my wife and I stay in the Spanish Creek Motel. It's clean, well arranged and, although it's air conditioned, no air conditioning was necessary during the cool nights. The couple who manage, and I suspect own, the motel are charming and willing to do most anything to improve your stay. My wife and I were even treated to Indian food. We have stayed in two separate rooms, each with a microwave, frig, and HBO. While we haven't tried it yet, on our next stay, we plan to stay in the duplex in the back, rooms 41 and 42, I believe. They are equipped for the disabled. This is the first time I have felt strong enough about a motel to write a review. For dinner, I recommend Pangiea Cafe and Pub.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2009

This motel is very clean and the owners are very nice too....help in every way possible...I loved it here....if you go to qtown, stay here.......

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2007

Traveling through the Sierras of Northern California at a liesurely pace, without a specific destination leaves one with leftovers at the end of the day. And the Spanish Creek Motel is certainly one leftover you want to pass on by. The proprietor is nice but the set-up is not what we were expecting for $79 + $10 per night for each of our two dogs. I attempted to charge the room to my credit card but he only charged a portion of the "lodging" then asked for the balance in cash. Hmmm. ..shady operation? If you want coffee in your room you need to snag it from the lobby which is dark, aromatic and cluttered. Once you get to your room, the key may or may not work. After you inspect the bathroom, you may want to go back to the proprietor and ask for more than the one towel and handcloth, if there are two or more of you. The bed was very comfortable. The heating was either full-on or chilly. There wasn't any way we could get the ceiling fan to turn off. The best part of the trip was having breakfast at Morning Thunder....many blocks away from this dive of a motel. Avoid it.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LindaFC