“Awesome party place”

Riviera Oaks Resorts
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ramona
Reviewed 18 September 2009

There are a lot of hotel choices that range from 80 to 300 dollars per night and they only have a room with a restroom right next to the kitchen area. Riviera Oaks, in the other hand, offers much more than that. I read a review of it from another user and he didn't like the apartment feel to it. Well, that gives it more space. I have NEVER seen a hotel with a full kitchen and supplies, a full living room, a patio, and a huge bedroom, all for only a little over a hundred dollars. Riviera Oaks offers the best deal I have ever seen in the hotel industry. Something to the quality of Riviera Oaks can only be provided by a Suite, which would be a lot more expensive.

I live in Ramona and I have used this hotel to throw some get-togethers. What a great place to stay at!!!

• Stayed: May 2008

Reviewed 23 August 2009

We stayed a week in a one bedroom apartment and had a wonderful time. The apartment was well equipped, spacious and quiet. We had a great deck that looked out to the mountains and trees. The resort is very remote indeed. It's a place you will enjoy if you are looking for a quiet time around the pool, tennis, golf, light sightseeing. We were looking to totally relax rather than be out and about every day and it was just perfect for that. The staff were outstandingly friendly and helpful. Our hire car did not arrive and we were stranded car-less through the weekend. The best taxi fare I could get to a supermarket was $60. The maintenance manager took us down in his car, waited while we shopped and took us back again - even carried the bags in for me. That's what I call caring service.
We would definitely return to the resort in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank alliebdive
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Nestled among the mountains in the backcountry , with beautifully maintained rooms, fully stocked kitchens, and attentive staff, Riviera Oaks is a hidden treasure...a close drive to the beauty of the San Diego mountains ...much to do here, horsebackriding, tennis, hiking, with a spa and all amenities.........I stayed here for a week and fell in love with the man who is now the love of my life.....magical!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My wife and I stayed at Riviera Oaks last week in May. Our impression of the resort itself was very favorable. We happened to get a 2 bedroom, two bathroom suite, which was very spacious. The living room area had a fireplace (which we didn't use, but the ambience was nice), and the kitchen was well stocked with dishware and utensils and basically lacked nothing. We found the suite to be clean and very comfortable. In our particular unit, the livingroom and one of the bedrooms opened up onto a large balcony, while the second bedroom had a balcony of its own. We looked out onto the street, across which was a park-like setting of grass and trees leading up to a recreation building. Depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be close to the shore and San Diego and other coastal towns, this location is a bit remote (about 30 to 35 miles). If on the other hand you're just looking for a relaxing location with tennis, swimming, etc., this might be an excellent choice. There is a small shopping area with a convenience store as well as other stores a couple miles down the road. The town of Ramona itself is (I'm guessing now) about 5 miles away, but is fully stocked with restaurants, pharmacies, supermarkets, etc. The town of Julian is about 25 miles away, and is a treat if you enjoy small towns with a deliberately old-town feel. Loaded with restaurants, art galleries, etc. All in all we had a very relaxed and wonderful time. I would recommend this resort for anyone not wishing to do daily commutes to the shore, but who wants to enjoy and explore the foothills and just relax. I may well go back again myself another time.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AL1432
Reviewed 6 June 2009

stayed there 2 years in a row. enjoyed the quitness of it. central location for a golf trip.
will continue to stay there annualy.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Riviera Oaks is nothing more than a converted apartment complex, and looks like it. We are Monarch Grand Vacations owners and have used our membership at other Monarch Grand properties, but this was our first visit to this property. We were very disappointed - it is nothing more than a converted 60's apartment complex squeezed on a sliver of land between 2 roads. It is very remote - about 45 minutes drive from the nearest beach or other point of interest. Other than a nearby golf course clubhouse restaurant, you'll have to drive about 20 minutes to find any other places to eat.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CalBeacher
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Stayed here July 4th week last year. Traded our timeshare through Interval with the intention of seeing the San Diego area. Although this hotel is pretty remote, our family had a car and we enjoyed having to drive into San Diego and other surrounding towns because it forced us to see more of the county. We are used to driving long distances, so it didn't bother us when having to drive into the city. The landscape is beautiful. Also took a road trip up to Legoland and also into LA.

This hotel worked for us for this particular trip because we saved money by trading our timeshare. The room was big enough for a family of four, and the pool area was nice enough and not too crowded. Our room was was in pristine condition. I read other reviews where there were problems with the rooms, but I guess we got lucky and got a good one. Staff was friendly. DVD player in room and the front desk has movies you can rent for $1.

If you are going to to be doing a lot of driving in southern CA then this resort would work for you. You definitely need a car if you stay here. If you want to be closer to San Diego, then I would skip this place and stay in a hotel downtown. If I return to this area I would probably stay downtown next time so I could walk to more restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank TravelNY1300
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramona
San Diego Country Estates
#1 of 1 in Ramona
Apple Tree Inn
Apple Tree Inn
#3 of 4 in Julian

Been to Riviera Oaks Resorts? Share your experiences!