“Excellent golf resort”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ramona
Westlake Village, California
“Excellent golf resort”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

A group of 22 of us stayed two nights and played three rounds of golf. The course was difficult (slope 128), but in excellent shape. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the food was excellent and we all were complimentary of the resort.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our resort. All of us here at San Vicente Golf Resort are very proud to be of service and to represent such a beautiful setting. We promise to take very good care of the course, rooms and all the other amenities we offer for your next stay. Please try to come for a visit in another season. Each season offers a different experience here at San Vicente. If I may be of assistance in any way please contact me at 760-310-5107. Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tustin
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We chose this hotel from tripadvisor since we wanted to go to Oasis Camel Dairy, Ramona Cafe, and Julian. We stayed one night and didn't golf nor swim. The stay was pleasant and the premises, the golf course, was beautiful. Each room has a balcony with table and chairs facing the golf course. We got the top floor which has a high ceiling and my in-laws got the 2nd floor room.

The room was spacious with a nice decor. The bed was so comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. We had a small bar with fridge, microwave, a sink (not the same sink as the bathroom sink) and a coffee maker.

We were able to sleep with the patio door open instead of using the A/C. It was nice and cool 70s at night. Very nice!

The only thing was that there was a tall tree in front of our balcony so our view was obstructed. Other than that, it was really nice.

We didn't use the swimming pool because I just had a minor surgery. The pool and jacuzzi looks clean. I wish I could go in it.

We didn't eat at the restaurant or try the bar either.

Room Tip: The top floor is better than the lower level floors. It has a high ceiling.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Big Bear City, California
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Beautiful view and spacious room. Very clean and the meals in the resturant were first rate.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
La Grange, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We spent 3 wonderful days and 2 amazing nights at the San Vicente Golf Resort. The rooms are spacious with a beautiful view of golf course and mountains. This resort was suggested and arranged by a friend. I am glad she did, otherwise I am not sure if I would have selected it as I don't golf but we were able to enjoy every other amenity offered.
I plan to return next year for sure.

Room Tip: all rooms back up to golf course, I wouldn't think there would be a bad room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We wantd to go to Sea World but did not realize Comiccon was also in San Diego that weekend. We could not find a place to stay. This resort popped up with a really low price (under 100) compared to say hotel 5 ($207 a night). It was about 45 minutes away from Sea World but well worth it. The room was nice and the view was amazing, misty golf course in the morning and starry nights. The staff went out of their way to help us: when we asked the waitres for general directions to Sea World, she came back with written directions. I was looking for someone in te lobby to take a picture for us, the lady behind the counter quickly sent the happy (she was really happy) hostess out to take our picture. If I ever go to San Diego again, which I will, I will try to stay here again even though it is 45 minutes away. It is worth the peace, quite, and serenity. By the way they gave us $4 off each day to use so breakfast only cost about $2 each.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell all the room are the same, they all have a wonderful view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort thank you for taking the time to express your stay with us. Yes, we are a distance from the "hub of San Diego" but, as you said, worth the drive. Many of our employees have more than 20 years employment with us. Everyone takes great pride in providing friendly and efficient service; Mother nature does the rest.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. If the opportunity arises where you can visit in a different season please come. The resort takes on "new faces" with each season.

If I can be of assistance with any of your San Vicente Golf Resort needs it would be my pleasure to help, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator 760-310-5107
Rio Vista, CA
Reviewed 2 August 2011

In the area for a family function...stayed here because it was within about 15 miles of where we'd be spending most of our time. Room was good...only complaint was that the ironing board was one of those mini ones...not at all easy to use.
Played golf there once...course was in good condition, and staff was very friendly and professional. Ate twice in the Oaks Grill...food was good, as was the service.
I'd certainly go back, but I'd ask for a REAL ironing board.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort want every person that visits us to have the best of all we have to offer.

We'll look into the ironing board situation. Your next visit we will have a full size ironing board for your use!

Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator janice.baldridge@sdcea.net or 760-310-5107
Toulca Lake
Reviewed 31 July 2011

this was my first time in San Vicente resort and i loved it, it was clean friendly and the food from oak grill was delicious and the prices were reasonable. best place to stay if you want to relax .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the detailed review of our property. Time is so valuable and the fact that you took the time to share your experience at San Vicente Golf Resort is appreciated very much!

All of us here at the resort want every guest to enjoy all we have to offer and return for more.

If I may ever be of assistance please let me know, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, janice.baldridge@sdcea.net or 760-310-5107
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramona
Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ayres Lodge Alpine
Ayres Lodge Alpine
#1 of 2 in Alpine
Hampton Inn & Suites San Diego-Poway

Been to San Vicente Golf Resort? Share your experiences!