“Worst Hotel Experience Ever!”

Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bakersfield, California
“Worst Hotel Experience Ever!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Worst hotel experience ever! Made a reservation directly through their website and received confirmation that my room, 2 double beds, nonsmoking, would be guaranteed until 7 the next morning. I arrived after midnight, tired from driving for 5 1/2 hrs. The attendant checked me in and had me sign the agreement to not smoke in the room or I would be charge the cleaning fee. When I opened the door to the room, it smelled like the bottom of a dirty ashtray and only had 1 bed and was disgustingly dirty! When I told the attendant that my wife had asthma and there were 3 of us and the room was unacceptable, she basically said they oversold and that was all they had. She offered 10% off and that I could take it or leave it. I left it and found that everything was booked except for 1 room in a Days Inn. A few days later, they sent me a survey which I filled out honestly and ended up getting a call from their general manager who assured me that he would look into it and get back to me. The way he got back to me was, I received 5 copies of the same automated email apologizing and asking for another chance. They do not care if you have a room reservation. If they think you might not show up, they will resell your room and charge you if you don't show up. I would highly recommend to steer clear of this place!

Room Tip: I have always had great experiences at Comfort Inns until this one. There are plenty of better hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony R
Mitul T, Owner at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
First of all i would like to apologize the issue that you had when you arrived at the property. Due to issues beyond our control we were unable to accommodate you at our property and due to it's being a busy weekend we were able to accommodate you at any other property close to us as they were sold out as well. I had personally called you to understand what had exactly happened and apologized. Due to incident we have made some changes in our reservation and inventory policy so this doe not happen any more in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and helping us improve our guest experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Rooms better than expected although we were issued 3 rooms by friendly but incompetent staff.
First room was not available on time, when we were given the key over an hour later the room was not the correct bed configuration. Returned to reception, new room issued by different member of staff - which turned out to be occupied. Could have been embarrassing. 3rd attempt a success.

Hotel next to very busy freeway, not for the light sleepers!

Pool small and cold due to the time of year. Around 25 minutes drive from All Outdoors Rafting which was the reason for the stay.

Breakfast OK but we found staff were packing up the breakfast stuff half-hour early due to lack of guests - not ideal if you're planning to visit just before end of service as you wouldn't get any!

All in all, hotel decent for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Freeway!
Green Features: If it has any, I didn't notice Hotel no different form any other visited.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

At first sight , the hotel looked a bit dated \ rundown and my heart sank a bit but the hotel is well ran and clean and lacked nothing. In the morning I enjoyed a sensational run from Nimbus point which is just around the corner . It is heavily used but gives spectacular views over the lake
The price I paid was reasonable so no reason not to return !
Would like to have checked out Nimbus winery which is just a block away

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed in suite 331 facing the courtyard. The room is fine. Its clean, roomy and bed is comfortable. Shower pressure was okay. Internet speeds were decent when you can get connected. TV image quality was a bit blurry but had a decent channel selection. Breakfast was typical of Comfort Inn. Pool looks clean. Grounds seem to be maintained well.

However, several things left a sour taste in my experience. I had to go through several rooms before I got a decent one. The first room (322) had a gap under the door that let in sound and wind to come in. The 2nd room (325) I got was in a designated smoking area. In each of the rooms the door lock had problems being opened with the room key. Even the final room I got had problems with the door lock. When I went to tell the front desk staff about it (I think her name is Jasmine), I told her that it was the room key that was the problem and asked her if she could give me a new key. She got annoyed and told me not to tell her what to do, adding that everyone was telling her what to do. This is not acceptable behaviour of someone in customer service. I was offended by her behaviour to say the least.

I should mention though that the manager Eva was very accommodating and each issue that I brought to her attention she tried to fix. I should also mention that the maintenance guy has extremely poor english so when I was trying to have the door problem fixed it was very difficult to communicate what he wanted me to do.

Though the manager was great and the room good that encounter with Jasmine ruined my experience which really goes to show how important customer service is!

Room Tip: Room 331 was not only facing the courtyard it was also facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank shazam10
Genoa, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I found this property to be very comfortable to visit. Room was clean, bed and linens were super.
The staff and front desk personnel could not of been nicer! It was also quiet and pet friendly. I would call this property a real winner.

Room Tip: I had room 133 it was right by the pool and very quiet......
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Monterey, California
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel is a very clean place to stay. The staff is extremely helpful and polite. The rooms are clean and neat. They were always cleaning and improving the property during our stay.

It is located a bit out of the city center, but is only 5 to 15 minutes to Rancho Cordova, Folsom and El Dorado Hills. It is easy to get to and I would definitely stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Pollock Pines, California
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I'm a die hard choice hotel customer so I stay almost exclusively at their brands while traveling. Even when I've had bad experiences they usually turn out ok because of the customer service.

Recently I stayed at this particular Choice Hotel in Rancho Cordova. It's located right off the freeway on Highway 50 just outside of Sacramento. I chose this hotel over other Choice Hotels in the area because of the price. It has the standard amenities but it was about $20 cheaper on the standard room than the hotel downtown.

The room was clean and fresh with updated amenities. This hotel was probably a refurb or changeover but it looks nice and it's what you expect from Choice Hotel brands.

Breakfast was typical and the staff on both the night shift and day shift were very friendly. Actually I called the front desk to see if they had antacid and he said no but let me go check the vending machines and a few other places. Thought it was nice he went out of his way.

Hotel is located near some great local restaurants. The sushi place (Samurai Sushi) will give you 10% off if you show them your room card as well as Cattleman's down the road. Chevron gas station near by if you want to pick up some snacks on the way in.

All and all it's a great deal if you have business or pleasure in the area and don't need to be directly downtown.

Room Tip: I always book a standard room and asked to be upgraded when I check in. Sometimes they do it for fr...
Green Features: Great to see this hotel participating in the environmentally friendly program.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova/folsom
Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sa...
#12 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!