“My favorite sushi spot”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nimbus Road
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Ninja roll with soy wrap with jalapeños sliced on top. Yum and affordable I also get their lobster dish. The creamy sauce on top is spicy without killing all the other favors in the dish

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I dont know what there sushi is like becuase I walked out - I got there for a lunch with a colleague. It wasnt busy. It took them 20 minutes to get us drinks - we couldnt even see a waiter. Then 20 minutes after that they brounght my entree. My colleagues was sushi and salad - how long does it take to prepare raw food? After another 10 minutes, my food was cold, I got up and walked out
Never again - absolutely appalling service

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

The best kept secret. I live near here and never knew! I wish I knew how amazing and sizable the food is... Had to pack it all up. Couldn't eat it all. Spicy Tofu soup is incredible, as in hard to believe. Got chirashi... It was served with veggies....Mostly fresh fish, just how I like! Had a groupon.... Thanks groupon! I am going to be a regular! Yum says it all!

Reviewed 19 February 2013

First of all, just to be clear, I'm not a sushi fan. And quite frankly, Japanese food is typically not my cuisine of choice; but we have friends that are big sushi eaters so they often opt for Japanese food. That means that I will usually be eating teriyaki chicken or salmon.

However, I have to say that I really enjoyed Samurai Sushi. The menu had many good options besides teriyaki and bowl dish I ordered was great. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the dish and they have no website so I couldn't see a menu, but it was very good. Service is average, but no real complaints, the price was reasonable.

The only real complaint I would have is parking. The Friday night we went it was very crowded. The parking lot was not only full, but there were several cars in the same predicament trying to find a space. But there were none and nobody was leaving. The restaurant next door has ample parking but it is clearly posted for their use only and they do tow. The hotel next door is the only other option which many of us took and we were luckily not towed. There is no street parking.

Other than that, it was a good experience, especially for a person who is not particularly fond of Japanese food. By the way, our sushi eating friends loved the sushi!

The atmosphere is pretty standard for a Japanese restaurant, a bit loud but not too bad considering how crowded it was.

Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch with a colleague. Place wasn't that busy. Took for ever to get 2 ice teas and after 55 minutes when the veggie roll didn't come out we got up and left
We were completely ignored - I will never return