“Reliable for a Good Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner”

Brookfield's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve breakfast,lunch and dinner in a casual,welcoming atmosphere. All of our meals, soups, sauces and baked goods are freshly prepared from family recipes. We have something on our menu for everyone, from Eggs Benedict & Corned Beef Hash to the Best Burger or Salmon Dinner in town! You will enjoy fast, friendly service at a reasonable price. Value and quality delivered with a smile!
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We don't get by this area very often, but have always enjoyed the Brookfield's experience when we are. This restaurant is in what appears to be an area that is suffering from the economic slow down, with large stores in the area closed for good. It doesn't seem to affect their volume of business, however, as the offerings are consistently good and the bill isn't over priced. She who must be obeyed requested that we go there this time around the neighborhood, and she had no complaints when we were leaving. So they did well in all respects.

She ordered the Joe's Special ($7.97, why the weird prices all over the menu?) which is that egg and hamburger/spinach thing that Popeye probably invented. She thought it was one of the better ones she's ever eaten, which is saying a whole lot, because she orders this dish everywhere it's on the menu. She gave it a 10. As they say, if she is happy, I am happy.

I tried the meat loaf with mashed potatoes and brown gravy, which was tasty and offered a lot of good old home style wonderful flavors. Plus a nice little dinner salad to begin with. I'd order this again, too. The only thing I didn't like about it was the inclusion of strips of green peppers, which I really don't like in any dish. The whole meal was only $21.00, and we thought that was pretty wonderful, too. Most of our meals are more than that at other restaurants. We'll go back here as the meal was good, the service couldn't have been better, and it's a clean, nice relaxing place to go (especially compared to the Madison/80 freeway busy place outlet). We highly recommend it for any meal of the day.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

A large airy building, scrupulously clean, part of a small local chain. We went in at 7:30am for Sunday breakfast and it was already half full with what looked like regulars.
Nothing exceptional, but a good honest breakfast at a reasonable price. Worth trying for dinner as well if you’re stranded in one of the nearby hotels in the middle of a light industrial park.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed down the street and have always heard about Brookfield"s, but always passed on going figuring I would go to a place I new was going to be good. This time, I said the heck with it, give it a try! So glad I did! This place is just plain nice. We had a great server, the food was good and plentiful, and what was amazing was to see that in looking at the employee's, they all seemed like they liked being there. Not only that, all of the employees are just always moving! The food seemed like it was cooked from scratch and the portions were plentiful! When we were leaving, they had some nice looking Chocolate Chip cookies, so my wife stood there to pay for 4 of them and the gal working there said, just grab however many you want, and leave the money in this basket! Wow! Don't drive past this Jewel!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a home cooking kind of place on the fringes of Sacramento. My son chose this place and we stopped in for dinner on a Friday evening. He had the French Dip and I had the Prime Rib Special ($12.95) Both dishes were really tasty. The place had a nice crowd in it, but that never hampered the service. The price was reasonable and the dinner very good. We'd definitely come back - thanks Brookfields!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Staff was very friendly, but the food was bland. It is about the only restaraunt in the area of my hotel, so after a long days work it was the only place to go for a quick meal.