“Err... what more could go wrong”

Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
San Jose, California
“Err... what more could go wrong”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night during a business trip and would most likely not return again...ever. I checked in after midnight, after worked a super long day. Everything seems to be OK until I got into the room - it was not cleaned. Wet soap in the shower, used lotion on the counter, dirty/wet towel on the floor. One of the two beds was slept in and not remade. In room coffee was consumed by previous guest and only decaf is left with already-used sugar packs. Ironing board was out in the middle of the room. Garbage can was full of things left from the previous guest.

I called down and was told they are sold out and I don't have any other options. Front desk staff was very polite and apologetic and brought up some fresh towels and soap, etc. Thank god this was a double room, I figured I would sleep in the undisturbed bed but only to find 4 to 5 strands of long curly hair in the bed. I was too tired and drained to do anything else...

As a priority club platinum member, the hotel offers a free breakfast. Now, this is the strangest breakfast arrangement of any hotel I've seen in my life. It's not for buffet per the coupon, and you are supposed to order it through the waitress but the only items can be specified is how the eggs are done and whether you want sausage or bacon. When my order came, the items arrived on disposable plates and the only thing warm was the eggs. This is when things turns stranger. You are supposed to get rest of the items, like toast and juice, yourself, from the buffet spread. Why don't they just do it buffet style when half of the items you are supposed to get yourself. Now, if they decide do to a order-based breakfast, then why serve the food on disposable paper plates. I don't get it - I just don't get it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank knowmyhotels
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I deeply apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you had at our property. Because of your review, I will be sure that the front desk is refreshed on proper check in procedures and making sure you get checked into a clean room. Regarding your breakfast, your meal was served on disposable plates because we were doing kitchen maintenance for a couple of days and had to limit the our water use. I'm so sorry that your food was not warm when it came to your table. I will let our servers know that they need to get food to the guests as soon as it is ready. If you are ever traveling in the Rancho Cordova area again, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make sure you have a more comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your helpful review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is the first time that I have stayed at a holiday inn in years and I was not sure what to expect. The hotel itself is not that bad. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. The in room Internet works well. It is nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room also that also work well. My only complaint about the room would have to be the pillows. They are way to small almost like they are for decoration and not to actually use. The only other thing that I would have to say is a negative would be the on site laundry room. It has one washer and one dryer that are both relatively old. Since this is a hotel that seems to be for people that are here on business it would be nice if they put in a couple more washers and dryers in the building. Other than those two things I am all around satisfied with the hotel.

Room Tip: would not spend the money for a room with jacuzzi tub, its just a shower/tub combo.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear spf131,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated the your room accommodation and the internet. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the pillows and the laundry room. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 7 September 2013

First the good news. Everyone who works here is wonderful. From the desk to maintenance to the people in the little restaurant. I loved them all. I have special needs and was here because of unfortunate circumstances at my apartment. The staff was so patient and kind and responsive of my special needs. The bad news is that place smelled like someone vomited in the sink and the air conditioner blew a smelly toxic perfumey odor in to the room. We finally opened the window. This was our 3rd room. The first was smell free but was on the 2nd floor and had no fridge or microwave and we had to be there for several days. It was a last minute reservation so no fault to the staff. They were fine any time we made our needs known they did their best to help us. We went down to the first floor which were supposed to be more deluxe. they were the smelly ones. They knew I had severe lung issues and so that was a mystery to me. The first one on the first floor room was so bad I couldn't breath in there at all. The second one was less apparent. We dealt with the sink by holding our breath while we used it. We didn't use the air conditioner if possible and opened the window. That one also had fleas. It is a terrible old disgusting filthy old building. Each time we asked for help it seemed to get worse so we just suffered with it until we could get home. My dog was even getting sick from the smell. She came home with fleas she didn't come in with.
I have to close by saying it was not for lack of trying by the staff that we were unsatisfied. It was just the state of the building itself. I could not stay there again with my health issues. I would never recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Upper floors smelled better.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear nobody916,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is good to know our staff was able to help you with your needs. However, please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you encountered with the unusual smell during your stay and regret our hotel rooms did not live up to your expectations. Your comments are appreciated and will be used to ensure these areas will be improved on. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here I like the way it looks but when you ask house keeping a question they just look at you crazy (they don't understand) the rooms are nice but rushed to put together bottom of tub nasty I think the should hire some English speaking house keeping so if someone ask a question its answered better customer service would make this place so much better

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear ariesbliss,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that we could serve you better next time..

Connie D
California
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Up to my most recent stay Aug 16-17, this was one of my most favorite hotels in this area. Check in was OK and the room I was assigned was nice. It even had a separate bar facet counter, along with the usual microwave& mini fridge. I thought this would be great relaxation. However, later that night, the noise from above started. Either the 2nd floor room BR exhaust fan or most likely the motor from the Jacuzzi tub came the most loud and disturbing noise. It sounded like a diesel engine. It went on for quite a while until after midnight when it stopped. Bed comfort was good and there were adequate pillows. This would have been a good room except for the noise factor.
Mentioned my experience to the front desk the next morning and inquired about another room. The Rep said I'll try to find you another room and put my name on a list and went on to other tasks. We went to breakfast on site and expected to hear about any room change by then. After breakfast, and waiting a while, we left for the day thinking that there would be no room change. However, upon our return, our key wouldn't work on our old room and we found that we had been moved from the first floor to the 2nd floor. It would have been nice if I would have been informed about this prior to the move. This room did not have have a microwave/refrigerator which we were expecting for this night. However, this room was quieter. Will think twice about this hotel when in the area next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 102...Noise from room equipment above
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for you comments about our property. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you had to deal with regarding the noise level in the room and not being informed about your room change. Because of your comments, we are refreshing the front desk on proper procedures and customer service regarding guest issues. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you so that we may show you the improvements we are making at our hotel. Thank you again for your very helpful feedback.
Morro Bay, California, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip and this hotel was very nice for the price. Our room was large and came with a refrigerator and a jacuzzi tub. The large outdoor pool and jacuzzi were wonderful and a great place to rest, relax, sunbathe and swim. I will definitely stay here for my next business trip to Rancho Cordova.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the King beds as they all come with Jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan F
Simi Valley
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Accommodations were what one would expect for a business trip and I can't say anything stood out as outstanding. The staff was receptive and friendly and very professional. What raised my appreciation was the way they handled my concern with the strong paint odor in my assigned room. My wife, who was traveling with me is subject to seizures when exposed to chemical fumes and when we asked to be moved to another room the staff was quick to assess the situation and to provide us with improved accommodations in another area of the hotel without a bit of hesitation.

The facilities were very clean and the atmosphere was comfortable. The staff get five stars. Did not have breakfast in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Louis M
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We truly appreciate the praise you have given us. We depend on guest feedback to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the Sacramento area.

Management at Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova