“Same Red Roof”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Mission Viejo, CA
“Same Red Roof”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed at this Red Roof a few years ago. It's ok for a basic budget hotel. Just needed a place to sleep. I wouldn't call it a great hotel/motel, but if you need a place to crash for a night and don't want to stay on someone's sofa, it's ok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Kasey L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Peggy,

I would like to say thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review for your last stay with us.

I wanted to let you know that we have made quite a few changes to our hotel since you have stayed with us. We now have flat screen televisions in all of our rooms, we have an evening Maintenance GSR, and we have made a lot renovations to the exterior of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your business we definitely hope to see you soon.

Kasey L.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pinole
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Red Roof Inn is not the place to stay if you need a good nights sleep. I use to stay here on a regular basis due to my out of town travels to this area and trying to save a dollar or two. It's not worth it. The management of this facility doesn't know how to manage the place. When other guests are making noise all night long, Management will not send around security until you phone and complain. It's a noisy place and not worth the extra dollar compared to Motel 6 a block away. This is the place to avoid, unless you are one of those noisy guests who just wants a place to party all night and knowing that you won't get kicked out, then all means, this is your place.

Room Tip: This tip to help other traverlers choose a good room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Mr R
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear MR. R,

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write a review. I sincerely apologize your stay was not a positive experience. Your feedback is very important to me and I will do everything in my power to improve our quality and service.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. When we see something unusual happening on our camera system, we definitely call our Security Company to take care of the issue and we as a hotel, reserve the right to vacant the room when guest does not comply with our policy.

I would welcome a call (916.638.2500) or email (I0665@redroof.com) from you regarding your recent stay with us. I am confident you will have a much more enjoyable stay in future.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here with my kid for a sports tournament recently. I found the place by reading reviews, but booked using a bidding site which saved me about 25%. So, I liked the price and was expecting basic. What I wasn't prepared for, was the fact that using the bidding site essentially locked me into a smoking version of the smallest room they had (smaller than I had ever imagined, too). I thought the room assignment would be random and that if they had extra two bed or non smoking rooms, they'd let me have one. That's not how they look at it. Ultimately the front desk clerk helped us out, but I didn't get the impression that management wanted to.

The first thing that we noticed, obviously, was how bad a smoking room really can be. We're not used to it, and this did not smell like random, occasional smoking. It smelled like many packs were smoked in there over the past few days. It was an overwhelming smell.

The second thing we noticed, and this my daughter noticed, was that a support pillar near where we had parked our car had been hit and was on a precarious angle, holding up a corner of the building. Possibly this only holds up the balconies, but I don't know how the forces are distributed in the building, and it didn't look good. Will upload photo. Also on this topic, when we went into our room, the light came through the door in a very skewed way. Assuming that the door was indeed rectangular (as they typically are), this implies that the door opening was tilted and this typically indicates that the building is tilted... Photo to be added.

The third thing to be aware of is the crowd. I don't know much about the town, but I'm pretty sure I saw both drug dealing and prostitution in the Target parking lot across the street. Again, not my expertise, but I definitely saw a guy "rolling" (with like papers and licking it, etc) some sort of "cigarette" in the exterior hallway by the pool. There was also a lot of security and police presence in the parking lot. Overheard/saw a family being monitored by security as they vacated their room. Beer drinking old dudes talking about strip clubs on deck when we tried to use the pool. Also found smear marks on the back window of my car in the morning, where it looked like someone wiped it to see if there was anything good inside.

Finally, after we went to bed for the night, someone swiped a key in our door and tried to enter. I yelled at them and watched through the peep hole. They couldn't fully enter because we had it double locked. Turns out it was security again that was checking on us. Apparently because of a computer mix up, they thought the room should have been empty. Scared the crap out of my kid and they weren't the least bit apologetic, although the front desk was.

All that being said, it wasn't horrible, and it was the right price for me. I might even stay there again. Although, I hope they are able to deal with the crime issues they seem to be having. It seems like they are trying to. On the upside, the discount shopping in the Target mall is great, and there is a Starbucks next door.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a non-smoking room if you don't smoke. Don't leave valuables in the car.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kirstn1
Malhar J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Kristn1,

I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write a review. I sincerely apologize your stay was not a positive experience. I am very disappointed you did not receive the service you deserved and were not made to feel welcome and appreciated. I am truly sorry we were unable to change rooms for you. Recently in April, we have had groups stayed with us throughout the month and all of the double bed rooms were fully booked in advance and therefore we may have not be able to switch you a room. We do not want any guest to be unhappy and do everything in our power to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay.

I humbly apologize for security personal coming into your room due to a computer glitch. I will personally talk with my employees and Security Company to assure that this does not happen to any of our guest in future. We have contacted a contractor to give us a bid on to fix the support pillar and will start on this project as soon as possible.

Your feedback is very important to me and I will do everything in my power to improve our quality and service. I am confident you will have a much more enjoyable stay in future.

Should you have any further questions/concerns, please feel free to contact me back via email (i0665@redroof.com) or phone call (916.638.2500).

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 April 2013

If you value your personal safety, do not stay here. My husband and I have family all over Rancho. We went to high school in this city, so we are locals...so I'm not saying this because I'm not from "around" because I am. We decided to stay in the red roof because we have had pleasant experiences with this chain in other cities and plus Starbucks is adjacent to the hotel. It was a bad idea. One night while my husband was in the shower, some tweaker was knocking on my door convinced a "Michael" was staying in our room. I looked through the peep hole and told him he had the wrong room and he stood there waiting for me to open up. SO CREEPY! He finally gave up and left. On a different time during our stay, I decided to lounge by the pool for most of the afternoon since my husband was running errands and it was really hot. Well, while sun bathing, some intimidating and threatening man was walking around the second floor yelling at someone on his phone talking about "so-and-so isn't in that room. What room are you in?! I WANT MY EFF'N MONEY!" I was so scared, I hid my face under my towel and pretended to be asleep so the guy wouldn't think I was listening to him. Besides fearing for my life, I dint like the fact that when I walked around the room barefoot, the bottom of my feet ended up BLACK from the nasty carpet. I wouldn't stay here again. We paid a great price, but we sure got what we paid for. Do not stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank espym
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear espym,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. We are extremely sorry for the bad experience you had while you stayed with us. Please be advice that we take careful measures to ensure our guest the safest place possible. Also, the ambiance you saw while you stayed at our hotel is not the typical one will find on a daily basis. I've contacted our security company to do extra patrol during the week, so that people can see security's presence.

While my apologies cannot reverse the experience you had, I truly hope you’ll accept mine and return to us at Red Roof Inn, Rancho Cordova-CA. Should you choose to, please reach out to me directly so I may make sure you are properly taken care of. Should you have any more questions, you can contact me at (916) 638-2500 or via email at i0665@redroof.com

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

For the special price I reviewed its worth the stay. Alot of a shopping in walking distance. I am currently considering staying for a week at a nice reduced rate. But I would need a better room. Un fortunately the box spring in this particular room is visibly and heavily soiled. I will let the office know when checkout. TV is not flat screen but free Internet is nice. Parking seems safe. No breakfast but again the price is cheap for the hotel in this area. I would recommend. I hear the other rooms are updated. Just that box spring. You cant miss The stains. I havnt looked at the mattress. Safe travels, Rob

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Rob,

Thank you for your great review about our Rooms and Staff. I will make sure to share your review with all of my staff members. We thank you for your valued business with us.

We all look forward to your next visit and hope to see you real soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 April 2013

• Stayed April 2013
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear Rob,

Thank you so much for leaving us a Review on Trip Advisor. When you will be staying-over for a week, we will make sure to move you to a nicer room and also, we will fix the problem with your current room, so that there are no problems for future guests. Just about everything you need is within easy walking distance to our Red Roof Inn.

Our next project is to install flat screen TVs in room and we are also making other changes at hotel.
Once again Thank you for your comments. I will make sure to share it with all of my staff members.

MAGALIA
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Rancho Cordova does not keep the promises made in the chain's advertisements, neither the "spa-inspired bathrooms" nor the "plush, high-end bedding" or the Flat Screen TV. At best it is at the level of a mediocre Days Inn. The outside of the building, especially the exterior corridors need a makeover. The beds reminded me of a Motel 6. In all my thousands of nights in hotels I never found the only available rack to hang my clothes in - of all possible places - the bathroom! Not very hygienic. On the positive side: The price is low and the young female receptionist was friendly and helpful, a definite plus. Anyway, next time I'm in the area I will most likely return to the Marriott Fairfield on the other side of the freeway which provides much more comfort and a complimentary breakfast for only little more money. If you ask for breakfast at this RRI they tell you that they not even have a donut and that your best choice would be to go to the Starbucks next door.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Buddy-Bear
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Buddy-Bear,

Thank you for your valued time and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. Let me apologize for room quality you experienced on your recent visit to the hotel. We are going to install new flat screen TVs in the room in coming weeks, also we have other projects in pipe line to improve our hotel standards and quality in the coming few months. I will make sure to share your review with Kasey and other staff members, who helped you during your stay.

Your experience is unacceptable and we certainly covet the opportunity to regain your confidence on a future visit. I would be most happy to discuss your issues personally, and how we might use them to improve our hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.