“Great Home Away from Home”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reno, Nevada
“Great Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Lion Inn for three straight weeks(!) (We did go home for the weekends) with my two daughters, ages 6 and 13. I wholeheartedly agree with all of the positive comments in these reviews....we thoroughly enjoyed our entire stay. One unexpected bonus I haven't seen mentioned is the complimentary Wednesday evenings "Manager's Reception" that Janan and Carol personally put together for their guests---beverages, food, sometimes BBQ, other times pizza etc...it was a welcome surprise and much appreciated.
To repeat a common theme, everyone was always very friendly and helpful----for our entire three week stay---I think that speaks well of this people-friendly group. With that consistency, you should be able to expect a similarly positive experience. And special thanks to Janan Hansen, Director of Sales, for helping me out with her invaluable mother's knowlege of the local activity camps that my six year old was able to attend during the final two weeks of our stay. :):)

1 Thank Joe M
Best Western Pl... R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We greatly appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon! Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I spent 3 nights at this Hotel. The staff is really nice and the breakfast is also great. Carol at the front desk is very friendly and always there to help. She even faxed a few documents for me saving me time and money by not having to go to Kinkos or the UPS Store. The hotel is an older property but they are in the process of updating it to Red Lion Standards.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenneth W
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our team! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans include the Sacramento area! Have a great day!
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We chose this Red Lion because it was centrally located to where we were visiting and because of the breakfast. Room was ok, but then it is primarily for sleeping anyway. Since I am on a low carbohydrate diet the wide variety of food choices gave a great start to the day. Not just the entrees, but a wide assortment of salsas and sauces. We approached the property for the east and the signage makes it a little difficult to find; coming from the west you go right past it on the freeway. And, although the hotel has no control over it, I had some nice conversations with other guests as we passed in halls and elevator. A friendly place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hal72
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience and we do look forward to welcoming you back.
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. The room was nothing special, and the airconditioner was very noise as it cycled off and on during the night. But the pleasant surprise was the breakfast. Instead of the normal "all carbohydrate" offering, this hotel offers eggs, sausage or bacon, potatoes, and lots of salsas and hot sauces to spice up your day. Since my husband has recently been diagnosed with diabetes, we really appreciated the extra choices.

1 Thank Pat M
Thank you for sharing this detailed feedback on your recent stay. I appreciate your honest input and we will incorporate your comments into our ongoing efforts to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I am happy to hear, however, that our breakfast exceeded your expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I chose the Red Lion Inn for its location and it turned out to be more than what I expected for the price. The inn provided a pool, ping-pong table, putting green and a BBQ grill to use as well. Every morning we would wake up to a delicious hot breakfast. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, beds comfortable and plenty of pillows. Carol and Jessica are very friendly and attentive to your needs. Also, while staying there we had the opportunity to experience a social reception. The guests and staff were just sitting around and connecting to other guests while drinking and eating chips and salsa. Oh and one more thing this inn also have washer and dryer which is a plus for me. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

1 Thank gonzal1983
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations! We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include Rancho Cordova!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We chose the Red Lion based on location and price (our relatives live in Rancho Cordova). The price was very reasonable (well under $200 for three nights) and the Red Lion offers all the basics (ample size and clean rooms, fridge and microwave in room, well lit and nicely stocked bathrooms, free parking, ice machines, pool and a breakfast. The reasons that we are not rating this has very good are the following. The one elevator near the main door is very slow for a facility with only three floors. There is no "bellperson" on duty so if you are traveling with a lot of luggage or heavy luggage you are on your own. Finally, for breakfast you have to get there early to make sure you get the eggs and other hot dishes because when they run out of these items they don't replenish so you are then reduced to a "continental breakfast". Kudos on the selection of fresh fruit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdandMarna
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Rancho Cordova and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel!

We appreciate and will certainly use your honest and candid feedback regarding our facility as we continually work to improve our guests' experience.

We do hope that you will visit us again.
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the hotel. I prepaid on Travelocity and got a good rate. For being a well-priced hotel, it was very comfortable. I paid a little extra to get an upgraded mattress and it was worth it- I got a comfortable, good night's sleep. Nice sheets. Plenty of pillows. Easy to adjust air conditioner. I asked for a room on the top floor and facing away from the freeway. The receptionist was friendly, efficient and accommodating. The bathroom was clean ( a little out dated, but that was okay for the price). Lots of towels. Nice toiletries. I missed breakfast since it's served from 6-9 a.m. I wished it was open to 10 a.m. My son ate breakfast and said it was "fine". It's easy access to and from the freeway and is right behind McDonald's, a Mexican restaurant and a Shell gas station. Costco is a few blocks east of the hotel so that was a plus. I would stay there again and will try their breakfast next time.

Room Tip: Top floor. Room facing away from the freeway.