“Clean and very reasonably priced”

Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I spent 2 nights here for a sporting event. The event website recommended the hotel. I was expecting the hotel to be smaller. The rooms were clean and really comfortable. But the breakfast was disappointing. Excellent value overall though.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RedLionInnGM, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Soccermum21
Thank you very much for choosing us as your host hotel for your local sporting event and your feed back.

We work with number of tournament orginizers in the area as are close to number of baseball and soccer fields. We provide excellent rates and excellent amenities for for travelling teams (Mini golf, table tennis, BBQ and outdoor pool). We have revied our breakfast set up/menu and made the necessary changes. We would liek to make sure that our guest receive the promised roaring start to their day with great choice of hot and fresh items.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you and your team again in the near future.
Regards
CHansen

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife, two small children and I spent a night at the Red Lion last month on our way to Portland from Los Angeles. We were pleasantly surprised by the standard of accommodation. The hotel was quiet, clean and well maintained. The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful.

We found the room to be quiet and of a good size. The only negative was that the breakfast set-up was not great and inadequate for the number of patrons.

Overall it is very good value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank freakystyley77
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It's nice to know you appreciate the value we offer our guests. It's also a joy to know you received fabulous service. It sounds like the Breakfast area was exceptionally busy when you stayed. Sometimes this happens if a large group or team is in-house. I'm glad you brought this to my attention. I will certainly address the issue.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I met the staff here at Red Lion over a year ago while here for job interview. They were very accommodating and wished me well on my interview and testing. I came here again this year after going to a different place and had a terrible night (they actually gave me a bottle of spray so my room didn't stink! That was awful). I called over here and they actually remembered me and told me to come right over and they fixed me right up.I haven't met a single person at this location that hasn't been the nicest of people. From the women of room attendees to the front desk and management. Carol and Jannon (sp) have been fantastic as well as others. so if you want a friendly welcoming home away from home choose this location. They are wonderful. Oh and the hotel itself is fantastic too! Always clean and fun. Even the guys working maintenance were very kind. I could go on and on so Ill stop here. Kudos big time to Red Lion Inn Rancho Cordova and Staff. Thank you and thank you for making the changes in life a lot smoother. Terri

Room Tip: Every room was clean and comfortable, every room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. It brings me joy to know that your find our customer service to be top notch-- that is what we strive for everyday. It is also comforting to know our staff took good care of you. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Let me first say I've stayed at Red Lions before and have been really happy so when I found this in the Pet Friendly site I was all in. When I called to confirm my reservation they didn't know I had a dog which I included in my reservation but Jessica was accommodating and took care of that issue. Next I get to my room and there not a refrigerator so I called Jessica and she explained that not all rooms have them or microwaves....really! But again she was accommodating and brought me one. A very nice guy delivered it and plugged it in and it worked for 15 mins., so I wasn't happy but life goes on. On the bright side the area for pets is good and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thanks for your insightful review which we will use to improve our service. I am deeply apologetic that you encountered problems. At our best, we love to build relationships with our guests and make them feel at home. We'd enjoy another opportunity to improve and surpass your first impression.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here during a local horse show. Having stayed at other places nearby (the Marriott and Hyatt, etc.) found this place to be small, simple, clean and with very friendly staff. Only real disappointment was the "included breakfast" which was incredibly vague and disorganized. Next issue is not the fault of the staff, but this place attracts smokers some how, who, naturally, fill every door and window with nasty, stinky cigarettes. Despite all of the "No Smoking" signs and warnings not to smoke from the staff (they tell you upon check in that there are fines for smoking in the Inn) the filthy smokers persist to the point that it actually seeps through the walls and into other rooms. Like I said, not the fault of the staff, just an issue they have to contend with. Overall, they do make an effort to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Traveler,

We thank you for your "fair" review but are disappointed that we were unable to "wow" you. We know our guests expect much more than just a clean room and a comfy bed and we are continuously working on ways to dazzle our guests. Thanks for letting know that it may be time to step it up a bit. Hope you'll visit us again and give us the opportunity to "wow" you with our service and amenities.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have been on business here in the Sacramento/Rancho Cordova area for the last few months and have stayed at several hotels in this area and by far Red Lion Inn in Rancho Cordova is the best! The staff is awesome. The value for what you get is great compared to others in this area. The breakfast is by far better than all the other hotels here as well. Including the over priced hotel next door. Once I found this hotel I haven't stayed anywhere else and have never had a problem and it has everything I need. Did I mention the Wednesday after work social with free drinks? Thanks Carol, Jessica, and all the other staff great job!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Traveler,

We're thrilled to hear such a wonderful review about our hotel and staff. It is our pleasure to provide you with outstanding service and we always appreciate receiving the positive feedback. See you soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

since the first stay the staff was amazing, friendly. the breakfast here is the best ive ever had at a hotel. if there was one place i had to stay at other then my own home it would be this hotel. its just a great value, great vibes and great people

Room Tip: any room on any floor is just wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review on our property. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rancho Cordova!