“my new #1 favorite when I come to Sacramento” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
San Diego, California
“my new #1 favorite when I come to Sacramento”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This place was great! The complimentary breakfast, which includes good, hot food like biscuits/ gravy, eggs, sausage, etc, is outdone only by their Wednesday night mixer which includes great food and *drum roll*... beer! I hope the owners read this because, good food aside, the reason I am coming back is Carol. This gal has ensured at least $1000 more from my travels this year. Likely even more when I tell the others that attend the workshops I will be at this year. Give that lady a raise! she represents this company very well.

Room Tip: I have my favorite room, but can not risk it not being available when I come back.
1 Thank Philip P
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It's such a pleasure to hear you would highly recommend us. I am also happy to learn the staff was friendly and warm, one should expect nothing less at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great stay, you couldn't ask for a better hotel gym, the fact that their is a putting green next to the pool is great. They have a food social every Wednesday night that's free to anyone staying at the hotel, they've always had appetizing food at. Their is a good sized HD-TV in every room and the beds and pillows are really comfy. The ONLY thing I'm not crazy about is how in some of their rooms the fridge and microwave are in a closet. The staff every time I've stayed here (6 different weeks) was excellent especially Carol. The hotel is also in a good location for some very good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your experience.. It truly delights me to know that we consistently deliver the quality of service you have come to expect from us. I am also pleased you enjoy our reception and room amenities. We appreciate your kind comments and continued business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Carol and Dayna are tops in my book. Very helpful and friendly. They made me feel welcome and that my business was important. In other news, the room (234) was nicely decorated (but there are still some punch list items needing looking at, from recent renovation). We were on the "quiet" side and slept really well in the comfortable beds. Many HD television channels, refrigerator and microwave. Would return to this property.

Room Tip: "Even" numbered are quieter, but are only half the rooms available. You might be on the f...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RedLionInnGM, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Winequine
Thank you very much for staying with us and your great feedback.

We are very proud of our team and Dayna & Carol always aim to exceed expectations.
Our renovation is finaly coming to an end and our crew is putting their final touches to all those punch list items.

Thank you very much for choosing us and we look forward to sharing the final results of our renovation soon.
Safe travels

Regards
Janan
Thousand Oaks, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is an above-average freeway-close motel with a very above average staff. If I could, I'd have Carol at the front desk adopt me. She's THAT nice. She made me feel so welcome. They have a reception on Weds nights, the night I arrived, and she not only made sure that there were pizza, wings, beer, wine and sodas out, she made fresh hot cookies, too. She also bussed our tables and chatted us up.

The place is nice, modern and clean, and it is undergoing what looks like major remodeling - painting, new doors, new sinks and carpet, etc. - so it will soon be even nicer. The lobby/breakfast area is big, with plenty of comfy seating. There's a small outdoor pool. It's close to a McDonald's (shares the parking lot) and a local Mexican restaurant.

The freeway can be a little noisy, but it is right next to it, so you'd probably expect that.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor have balconies.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bobette23
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your rooms and service. We are so happy that you are interested in returning and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed at this Red Lion several times for business. I have always been greeted with a smile and treated like I was their best customer (of course I've seen many other people treated just as well).

Kristina at the front desk is the best. My paperwork is already on the counter by the time I get there.
Francine always makes sure I'm happy with breakfast (which is a very nice breakfast that I look forward too before work).

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the highway are very quiet, however even the rooms on the highway side are relatively...
1 Thank 1DrD
I am glad you enjoyed our property, including the service we provide. Thank you for your business, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Medford, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am a fan of the Red Lion Hotels. I have stayed at at least 6 different Red Lions, and this one by far is the worst. The receptionist recommended the putting greens and the ping pong tables out by the pool. The ping pong table was ON TOP of the putting greens!! The pool had dirt in it. The table by the pool was dirty. The putting green needed cleaned off before it was usable, and not fully usable because of the ping pong table. Sheet rock repairs were roughed in along the hallway, and I observed water stains and missing ceiling panels in the hallway as well. The rooms were the smallest Red Lion rooms I have experienced. There was no closet, so an armor was in the corner. The entry light (visible from both beds) flashed dimly all night after it was shut off. This property has such potential. From the road, it appears clean and inviting. The neighborhood felt plenty safe. The outside patios here and there give it a relaxing atmosphere. But they have a ways to go.
Breakfast bar offered the standard fare, along with some pretty tasty biscuits and gravy. I would rate the breakfast better than average. The food was good, selection adequate, and atmosphere very pleasant. It was the cleanest area in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RedLionInnGM, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear John A,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your candid feedback.

I am sorry that you were not able to use some of the amenities we offer during your stay. We are currently going through a major renovation to upgrade and better serve our guests. We just started working around the pool area (before the warm weather arrives) therefore our team was preparing for the work during your stay and getting the area cleaned up for the work. Our 3rd floor rooms have armoires and other floors have closets for clothes hanging and storage. The renovation covers the ceiling pannel and hallway light changes as well. We are aiming to complete all these changes with in the next few weeks.
Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the selection.

Again thank you for choosing us and we hope to have you again as our guest and show you all the changes.

Safe Travels.

Many Thanks
Janan
South Lake Tahoe, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Last night I stayed at the Red Lion Inn in Rancho Cordova, Sacromento. Considering we were not basking in the sun on the white sand beaches of Hawaii or taking in the beauty of skiing Aspen the Rocky's I enjoyed the las 2 days at the humble Red Lion Inn at Rancho Cordova in Sacromento as much as any of the formentioned paradise like destionations that I have been lucky enough to stay at in the past. I wound up sipping coffee with Christina who was working the front desk at 5:00 a.m. while she helped me finish my laundry and she (quite honestly, listened to me bable on and on about my troubles). This reminded me that it always boils down to the staff that make or break a hotel. You can be in the most beautiful place on the planet, but if you are arguing with the valet guy about where he parked your car you are not enjoying yourself. Another pleasureable experience was every morning not only was the complimentary breakfast out of this world, but Francine the staff member in charge of the line was very personal and a joy to talk to. After the first day she remembered my waffle ordere and at first site would have it on the griddle heating up, only to wait for the next guest to come around the corner and she would remember their name and waffle order as well..... I was impressive! It always boils down to the human touch and that touch can feel like the very soft tip of your finger or the cracking knuckle of a fist to your face. The human touch is what made my experience at the Red Lion Inn, at Rancho Cordova to be one of my most relaxing in recent memory!!!!!! Thank you Christina and Fracine you made my trip!!!!!

Mark Spitsen

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mspitsen75
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response and feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you were very satisfied. Our staff works very hard as a team to provide our guests with the best accommodations possible, starting with great customer service, providing quality conveniences such as great food for breakfast, to providing a clean and comfortable room to relax in. We greatly appreciate it when our guests give our hard working employees the recognition they deserve. We hope that we will be your first choice for future visits to the Sacramento area.

Thank you for staying with us!