“Best Free Breakfast for FREE”

Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Not to fancy and not a motel... just right. This is my second time here and so far no complaints, the room is clean not dated or painted over like some so called "remodeled" hotels. My wife and I have to say that this was the best free breakfast we've had. Francine cooked up a great meal. The only improvement would be to add some bacon, but then again we ate later AM so it may have been there. In any case, great plus of this hotel. The have a handicable pool and putting green. Also a decent Mexican restaurant that's only steps away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your room and the breakfast buffet. We are so happy that you have become one of our return guests and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to this hotel. My son attends Sac State and I visit a lot. This hotel was convenient because of its location off HWY 50. I am so disappointed with this last stay. I was in a second floor room next to the designated smoking section. My non-smoking room smelled like someone had smoked in it. The other guest continued to smoke and talk by my room all through the night. The smoke just kept coming in to my room. Why did I pay $90 for no sleep and poor air quality. The front desk did not care at all. All designated smoking area should be 20 feet away from all rooms and entrances. Until this change happens, I will be using a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Traveler -

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay as they are the exception, and not the rule. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, especially those that we can control within the grounds of our property. I also apologize for our team member's lack of responsiveness regarding the issue you had with another guest's behavior, Thank you, however, for bringing the situation to my attention so we can address the matter. The hotel is 100% smoke free and we do not have a designated exterior smoking area. This is something I will immediately address. It's feedback like yours that allows us to pinpoint areas of improvement. Please contact me the next time you're in Rancho Cordova. We would love to have the opportunity to show you we can do better and welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Sacramento State.

Thank you for your patience and your business.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and stay here when we are in the area showing our horses at the shows in the area. the people working here have always been wonderful. last time Kristina worked the front desk and she was not only immensely helpful and competent but also had a great mood about her. she was definitely a value added to our experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cris F
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thanks so much for your comments. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the great service from Kristina, at the front desk. Thank you for choosing us as your competition hotel. We look forward to continuing to serve you during your next show.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This property was previously a Red Lion and became a BW about 8 weeks ago. The property has been updated to meet BW Plus standards. There is a BBQ in the pool area. Rooms away from the freeway and on the second or third floors would be quieter. My room was clean, updated, with nice amenities. The bonus is that they accept pets at a reasonable cost on the first and second floors. There are lots of places to walk your dog in the area, depending on how far you want to go. It seemed safe but I'm not familiar with the area, so ask the staff. First and second floors were less expensive than the third floor (internal hallway), I'm guessing because the walkways are outside the rooms. The breakfast had a nice variety of food and drink selections. There are several eateries within walking distance on Zinfandel for lunch/dinner. Jumping in your car will give you even more dining options. The front desk staff, especially Carol and Dana, were very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear traveler,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We pride ourselves on the terrific quality and value that we are able to offer. As you mentioned we are pet friendly and are always happy to accommodate them. Hope to see you again the next time you're in the Sacramento area.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Well appointed/recently renovated hotel immediately adjacent Highway 50. Freeway noise not heard in room but room doors close with a bang which you will hear. Free hot breakfast very convenient and uncommon these days. Hotel very clean. Putting green, ping pong table, pool and exercise room. 40" lcd tv mounted to wall--mine was quite crooked. Landscaping had some bear areas and uncut grass but hotel appeared to be improving that situation. Room on first floor a bit small.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear traveler,

Thank you for your honest review. We work hard to provide an outstanding value and it's always nice to hear directly from guests that it's appreciated. We are very proud of the deluxe breakfast that we offer and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I will also look into the other areas you mentioned in your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experience.

Stay Comfortable!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ive been staying here frequently due to business and I enjoy it here every time. Kristina is a pleasure to talk to in the evening/nights and helps all the visitors with anything they need. Francine cooks an amazing breakfast that I cannot get tired of. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I have left a note for extra towels and soap when they did their daily housekeeping while I was at work, and when I returned I had the amenities placed neatly on the bed. The room also has a large Flat screen TV with HDMI which I hooked up my gaming system and enjoyed and night in playing games and eating pizza. Several of my co workers also stay here when we have our big monthly functions and they say the same thing, "Best Hotel". The lobby is perfect for our late night meetings and the pool area is very clean and entertaining with a putting green, ping pong table and plenty of seating.

The location is very good for both walkers and drivers. Within walking distance there is a shopping center that has Starbucks, Wingstop, and a CVS. On the other side of the bridge there is another shopping area with Target, Hooters and Petsmart. If you need any last minute supplies or forgot anything, it's not to far to buy them if you need them.

With clean rooms, great service, and food and shopping close by you won't want to go back home. Even though the hotel is quite a ways from work, I'd rather stay here than stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Third floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thanks for letting others know what a great experience you had at our hotel. We work hard to provide an outstanding value and it's always nice to hear from another satisfied guest! We hope you and your group will be back the next time you find yourselves in Sacramento.

See you soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I first arrived, I was greeted by a very sweet, polite young lady named Kristina at the front desk who showed complete professionalism & did her job exceptionally well. I noticed right off that the property was very well kept up & clean. My room was very nice, clean & quiet. The bed was very comfortable, which is pretty unusual in most hotels. The breakfast the next morning was also unusually delicious, the food was fresh & hot & the person in charge of the food area was very polite & greeted everyone with a very pleasant smile & "good morning".
The only issue I actually had from my whole experience was, as I was getting out of the bathtub, there was none of the "slip-proof" material in the bathtub so it was very slippery, which I actually started to slip so I grabbed the safety bar to catch myself & severely pulled some muscles in my lower back, for which was painful enough for me to have to seek medical attention. Now, I'm not usually the type of person who complains & normally I would not have said anything but, I just wanted to bring that to your attention so that possibly that issue may addressed & corrected. Had it been an elderly person, it may have been possibly worse.
But, as I said, out of my whole experience at this hotel, that was my only issue, other than that, everything was perfect & I would still give this hotel high marks & would recommend it highly to anyone I know needing someplace to stay. I thank you for the otherwise, very nice stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear traveler,

Thank you for your review. We work hard to provide an outstanding value and it's always nice to hear from satisfied guest. We are very proud of our hotel, staff, and amenities such as our deluxe breakfast and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. We are, however, deeply sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced. All of our tubs do have an anti-slip surface, but I will investigate this situation. Guest feedback, like yours, allows us to constantly find new ways to improve and meet our guests' needs. We hope you will be back the next time you are in the Sacramento area.

Safe travels.