“Very Nice Staff”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Rogue River
“Very Nice Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

A large group of family members stayed there to attend a memorial for my aunt near by. there were 11 Adults and 5 children. The Pool was great for the kids and the staff was very accommodating for all of us in the breakfast room. The rooms were clean and quiet and the location was very convenient. I had to use the neighboring car wash because the tree dripped quite a bit of sap on my car. And for those who are familiar with JimBoys tacos, there is one right next door! (A local favorite) Free wifi too

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Herbertsgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fresno , CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Location used to be another named brand, but was purchased by La Quinta a few years ago. Clean rooms, carpet could use a shampoo (like most hotels). Room had a microwave and a mini fridge. They even had very good shower shampoo (didnt leave your hair all dried out)
Was heading up to S Lake Tahoe, so the location was perfect. Will stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face towards the freeway, even rooms away from it. Use LMD for weekend deals
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sept1967
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

The staff were awesome especially the "Breakfast lady" and the front desk attendant "Kita". I know that they really make everyone feel wanted and addressed every customers needs. The night guy was really nice too. I liked the room set up and especially being on the first floor facing north. The freeway and railroad are close but never woke or bothered me.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Calmico
Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

The room was nice and location convenient and staff was great, but the frequent trains going by really bugged me. I stayed for 2 nights but that's it. I ain't coming back!

If freeway and train noise doesn't bother you , this hotel is just fine.

On the brighter side, I ordered a pizza from Pizza Guys and that was one good pizza!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Trader1109
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

We stay here often when coming to the area. Dog friendly. Adequate food in the morning. Clean and comfortable rooms, though a bit dark. You may have to ask for a fridge if needed. Friendly staff--we usually see the same employees each time, and they remember us.

Hotel itself is quiet but property is bordered on three sides by busy streets/highway and the train tracks.

River walk is not too far away (driving distance).

Brookfields restaurant next door is a great value.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Newport, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed here because we have pets and are members. We were upgraded to a suite when they couldn't honor our first floor request. The a/c was not working properly so our night's sleep was not good. When I reported it to the manager, she said it would be fixed later that day or she offered to move us to another room. I asked for half of the night's rate back, but was ignored. We were going to stay 3 nights, but we checked out and stayed at the Holiday Inn in the area which was Great!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dixie100
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

I traveled to Rancho Cordova for a second time with my family to visit. When looking online I found the La Quinta Inn and Suites which was only a few miles from a relative's apartment. The reviews said that it was a nice place so I checked out the hotel website which showed pictures of spacious, clean, and classy rooms along with pictures of a beautiful pool and hot tub. Well, the rooms were clean but that is about the only thing they got right.
I guess I have stayed in smaller rooms but since there were four of us staying together I wish that there would have been more space. The vanity space was very very limited though the bathroom was adequate with a tub/shower and toilet. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy but on the outdoor picture of the hotel it looked like there were balconys for each room. These are pseudo-balconys, the windows don't open and you can't get out to them.
The maid only came and cleaned one of the four days we were there and we had to search her out in the hallway for more towels and coffee. The breakfast is very average and carb-loaded with bagels, toast, english muffins, and waffels they also offered fruit, yogurt, and cereal. Not anything to write home about but it took the edge off in the morning (the coffee pots were empty most of the time so we made coffee in our room).
I think the pool area was the biggest disappointment. If we were to squeeze, maybe two or three of us would have fit in the hot tub and the pool was smaller than our room. There was no shade and no tables and you could see the freeway since it is only about one hundred yards away. Our room faced the freeway and the light rail so it was really noisy and we were woken up pretty early every morning from traffic noise.
The front desk staff was very laid-back and friendly and recognized us when we came in and out. That was really nice. I guess if I were to go back to Rancho Cordova I would pay the few extra dollars to stay at the Hotel Sierra again since I had really good luck there last time. My mother recommends the Holiday Inn, she had a good experience there. All-in-all I would say the room was clean when we arrived and the staff was friendly. It was average but I guess I like things a little nicer. I don't think I would go back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family