La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Okay, first of all I have to admit this was a last-minute Express Deal booking via Priceline, but we did encounter a few "issues" that we normally don't run into. First of all, please note these types of bookings do NOT guarantee any room preferences (e.g. non-smoking, etc.) After making the reservation online the night prior to our arrival, we called the hotel directly and requested a non-smoking room. They made note; however, neglected to conveniently remind us that they do not guarantee that with Priceline Express Deal bookings. When we showed up to check in, they could not give us the two double-bed, non-smoking room we reserved. If we wanted a non-smoking room, we would have to accept a single double bed two doors down from the main lobby. The clerk's attitude was very matter-of-fact and inflexible, and on the verge of being sarcastic. (From other reviews, this is their modus operandi!) It's a good thing we ALWAYS travel with a AeroBed! As for the room, it was cramped, even with only one bed. There was only one pillow?! There was hair in the shower from the previous guest waiting for us, too. Again, we were desperate, but given an choice, I'll drive out to Folsom to stay and drive back to Rancho Cordova if need be. Not returning, ever!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights here on a business trip and found the staff great, the rooms clean and the WiFi fast. The bed was so comfortable that my wife wanted to take it home.

I have to make the same comment a previous reviewer made about the noisy A/C. Earplugs were needed to keep from being woken up every time it kicked in.

The included breakfast is the typical waffle maker, cereal, apples, etc. We decided to walk next door to a great restaurant for omelets.

A very minor complaint is the Nescafe coffee they serve with breakfast is awful, but I am a coffee snob, so factor that in. That coupled with the lousy in-room coffee that most hotels have means I miss my ‘morning jolt’.

Let’s talk about 'bathroom comfort'. The toilet paper is so cheap and rough it feels like it contains tree bark. Not related to that, the towels are small and very thin at the level of those hostels of our youth.

These complaints are all minor issues as I would stay there again. The price is very reasonable for the comfortable three star hotel this is.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the freeway and on the ends of the hotel. The middle face a busy parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Sanger, California, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel has undergone a renovation and really spruced up the common areas. The rooms and guest areas are not as up to date, but they are functional and clean. The staff is always friendly, and I have stayed here several times "last minute." Pets are welcome, and the hotel is adjacent to Brookfields Restaurant across the parking lot. Close to the 50 and easy access to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Includes breakfast
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer B
chicago, IL
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel and it was great. Hotel is located right off the 50 freeway. Check-in staff was not friendly, but the hotel was clean, well lit and bright. My room was great. VERY spacious and VERY clean. I really liked the sliding panels for drapes. I didn't like the bathroom vanity and shower being separated. My bed was comfortable and clean. The AM breakfast is very a-typical. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My first visit to California ...the staff at this hotel made me feel at home.

My room was clean - and the bed comfy!

I stay in a lot of hotels while traveling for work, and not sure I have ever come across such an amazing staff!

What a benefit to this company!

Though I learned this hotel was a little out of the way for me - and where I need to go when I'm in that area - I will definately stay here again when I'm back in California!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ft Myers, FL,USA
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stay in this hotel frequently the staff is warm and always helpful it is located close to the 5 freeway and train shopping is nearby and it meets our needs the grounds are beautiful what more could we want. We will return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business