“Good value, comfortable, clean”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
IL
“Good value, comfortable, clean”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

La Quinta utilizes pillow top beds which are quite comfortable...this is a plus for the chain. The location is good and has adequate parking. Housekeeping did not replenish my soap/shampoo each day with seems to be a harsh cost cutting tactic. I don't like running out of soap and had to ask at the lobby. My room was clean. The layout of the room was spacious. The breakfast is standard La Quinta fare which is very carb heavy. I've complained to the chain and was told that menu changes may be coming, but this one did not have any meat and you have to peel the eggs yourself. At least I could peel these fairly easily. For the price, I'd say it was a decent value. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Restaurant next door is ok, but fairly pricy for what you get.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Budget_Hotel_Family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here for for four nights while working in Sacramento. The room was clean and well maintained. Everything worked fine in the room. Room seemed pretty well insulated and could not hear much exterior noise. Breakfast was good. Front desk employees and breakfast server were all very nice. Did not use the pool. Gym was ok but lacking weight equipment. Bathroom was pretty small but the shower was nice and had numerous water settings. Beds were comfy. Showtime, ESPN and many other channels on a good tv. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My friend and I decided to stay here very last minute I am talking we booked the hotel at 9pm and it ended up being a pretty nice place. Good price and the staff was friendly even when we showed up at 11pm. The room was nice and we had a comfortable stay. They had breakfast which is always a plus. The only problem I had staying here is we were a non-smoking floor and the whole floor still reeked of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank whereyoufromfool
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I expected a lot more out of La quinta.
Cons- *The entire hotel smells like cigarette smoke.
* The bathtub and toilet was covered with mold.
* The towels smell musty like they left them in the washer for a few days.
* All of our lamps/ clocks were unplugged. I had to move the entire bed out just to find the plug to fix them.
* The room was sadly outdated and smelled like someone threw up on the floor. Literally the entire room smells like a mixture of smoke and vomit.
Pros- *We got a military discount.
* The hotel was easy to find.
* Plenty of parking.
* The bed is comfortable.

I'm hoping our experience was just with this room in this hotel. It was one of the last rooms that was available so I'm hoping they don't normally put people in this room. I'm also not happy with the fact we got charged an extra 20$ a night for a pull out couch? With our military discount it ended up being only 10$ more but still I've never been charged extra for an extra bed or couch at any other hotel so that was new. For almost 80$ a night with a military discount I was very displeased with this hotel. Our next trip to Sacramento we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Yoders_gal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good price on Priceline with Military discount. Upon arrival they had my reservation but wanted eight dollars more. I showed my printout and they said they could not match it but by using a code they could lower the price so I paid only $1.00 more per night . La Quinta and Priceline need to talk. Was late and I did not wish to argue over a dollar so took it. Hotel and room were clean. Staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. Good value regardless of my problem above. Hotel is pet friendly. Breakfast was better than average and the woman running the breakfast was great. Location was easy to freeway and their was food nearby and a Costco near so I could gas up. Metal rod used to close drapes came off in my hand. Towell rack fell off wall when I grabbed a washcloth. Other than these minor things the room was satisfactory. Entry door, bathroom door and sink were all next to each other and caused traffic jams inside the room. A bunch of silly little things plagued me but would stay again, especially if they get the Military price correct next time/

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family