“Adequate but I have stayed in better...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I traveled to Rancho Cordova for a second time with my family to visit. When looking online I found the La Quinta Inn and Suites which was only a few miles from a relative's apartment. The reviews said that it was a nice place so I checked out the hotel website which showed pictures of spacious, clean, and classy rooms along with pictures of a beautiful pool and hot tub. Well, the rooms were clean but that is about the only thing they got right.
I guess I have stayed in smaller rooms but since there were four of us staying together I wish that there would have been more space. The vanity space was very very limited though the bathroom was adequate with a tub/shower and toilet. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave which came in handy but on the outdoor picture of the hotel it looked like there were balconys for each room. These are pseudo-balconys, the windows don't open and you can't get out to them.
The maid only came and cleaned one of the four days we were there and we had to search her out in the hallway for more towels and coffee. The breakfast is very average and carb-loaded with bagels, toast, english muffins, and waffels they also offered fruit, yogurt, and cereal. Not anything to write home about but it took the edge off in the morning (the coffee pots were empty most of the time so we made coffee in our room).
I think the pool area was the biggest disappointment. If we were to squeeze, maybe two or three of us would have fit in the hot tub and the pool was smaller than our room. There was no shade and no tables and you could see the freeway since it is only about one hundred yards away. Our room faced the freeway and the light rail so it was really noisy and we were woken up pretty early every morning from traffic noise.
The front desk staff was very laid-back and friendly and recognized us when we came in and out. That was really nice. I guess if I were to go back to Rancho Cordova I would pay the few extra dollars to stay at the Hotel Sierra again since I had really good luck there last time. My mother recommends the Holiday Inn, she had a good experience there. All-in-all I would say the room was clean when we arrived and the staff was friendly. It was average but I guess I like things a little nicer. I don't think I would go back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2010

This was a great place to spend the night. We were traveling through CA and spent one night here. It was clean, the staff was helpful and nice, the pool was freezing (not heated), but the hot tub was nice. The room was very clean and had nice decorations. I like the couch in the room. The breakfast was good: cereal, oatmeal, belgian waffles, toast, fruit, etc. I would definitely recommend this to other travelers.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2010

The good: Rooms and beds are large. Everything you need. Pool and hot tub, too. Located in good, seemingly safe area.

The bad: The building is a bit dated. There were some minor maintenance issues.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel in early February. It is fairly new, and everything is clean and fresh. The staff was helpful without being overly friendly. The breakfest was fantastic and there seemed to be an endless supply of everything.
I also liked that it was fairly quiet. It wasn't busy at all, and the hot tub and pool were empty both times we went down.
This is also in a great location, right off highway 50.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Our first room was moldy and the air conditioner was not working properly. We were finally moved to another room on the 4th floor that was next to the freeway. The windows were paper thin and we heard traffic on the freeway all night. The rooms are very basic, a small step up from a economy hotel. We paid $62 per night via. Hotwire that claimed this property was a 3 star. The plus side, if you travel with your pet, it is pet friendly....there were MANY guests with their dogs. This could explain why the carpets were so dirty. Paper cups in the rooms instead of glass, very basic breakfast (nothing hot). and a tiny bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Excellent value for money and really lovely staff, generous breakfast choice and beautiful good sized room. Very pleasantly surprised. Also couple of minutes walk from tram to Sacramento city centre. It is out a bit from the city centre, but I was glad of it because I Sacramento wasn't particularly attractive at night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I really liked my stay here at La Quinta. I the rate was $72 for 1 queen sized room. The room was modern and clean just like the photo. The bathroom however was not very clean it was COVERED in hair. Big obvious strands of hair stuck to all the shower walls. Besides that, everything was great.

Also, the guy who works the overnight shift at the front desk showed very high customer service. He was spirited and friendly.

And the free breakfast was great too! Very modern, nicely decorated breakfast area. Waffles, orange juice, apple juice, pastries, cereals, yogurt, coffee...etc.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo