“Friendliest people ever!”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Bakersfield
“Friendliest people ever!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Every employee at this hotel were friendly, extremely helpful, and interested in you as a person. This is the friendliest hotel ever!
The hotel is very nice, with a Starbucks inside. The restaurant is attractive and the food is good and reasonably priced. The rooms are clean and comfortable.
Overall, a very nice hotel at a reasonable price on the weekends and people who obviously love their jobs and have pride in their work.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Patricia P,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor posting highlighting the friendly staff here at Marriott. You are so right when you state that pride plays a strong role. We're pleased that you found the hotel, restaurant, Starbucks and room amenities to be a good value. Please come back soon, and safe travels!
Kent Peterson, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed here 3 nights on a business trip in early August 2012. I have stayed at many other Hotels in the Rancho Cordova area for work and decided to "treat" myself to a nicer hotel on this trip.

When I got to my room I had a double-queen bed when I requested a King as I was staying by myself. When I called and requested a King room they said that they were out. But after a bit they gave be a handicapped accessible room with a king bed, which was fine.

One of the main reasons I choose this hotel was because they have a restaurant and a bar. The restaurant had good food, but it was way over priced. The drinks were measured in those stupid measuring cups so you could never get a good pour and the beer selection wasn't very good.

This Hotel also charges $12.95 for internet per pay PER DEVICE!! This is a ridiculous charge for this service. At $180 a night I EXPECT internet to be included. There are many hotels in the area that are way cheaper and have internet included in the price... at $90 a night.

When I come back to the Rancho area for work I will not stay at the Marriott again, not worth the price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cheesemonkey42
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear cheesemonkey42,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. In our business, it is never acceptable to be "just OK" and clearly we missed the mark in your case. I would welcome a call from you to discuss how we might regain your confidence and turn your experiences here into memorable ones. Thank you again and safe travels!
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My work requires 100% travel, so it's always important to stay at hotels where it feels like home, is clean, comfortable and has a touch of class. My colleagues argue all the time about Marriott vs. Starwoods, and I am a Marriott fan all the way. The Rancho Cordova Marriott has exceptional staff (shout out to Brenda in the Concierge Lounge, Luke at the Bell desk and Jenny at the front desk!). They are all very professional yet warm and friendly. An unknown housekeeping person leaves me a thank-you note every time I leave a tip, how personal is that! The fitness center provides new headphones every day (not just the earbud kind). The food is high quality as well, including in the Concierge Lounge.

The only complaint I have is about the design of the bathroom door. Since it automatically closes, I leave a towel on the floor to prop it open.

I have the Marriott Visa for the additional points (fantastic rewards program) and add these to my existing rewards account, I was rewarded with 10 free nights in 5 different Marriotts (Courtyards) in California for a vacation I took with my husband along the coast (Pacific Coast Highway all the way). At the end of my trip, I appreciated the Marriott rewards program and consistency even more. Everywhere I go, I know what to expect at a Marriott or Courtyard - down to the fitness room, toiletries, and friendly service. Even in rural areas, you can usually find a Courtyard that meets Marriott standards.

Thanks, Marriott!

Room Tip: Also, if you stay here, make sure you get an odd-numbered room for a nice and quiet stay and good ni...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Rhonda L,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear when we exceed the expectations of our guests and I appreciate the recognition you have given to many of the staff. Your kind comments will certainly be passed along. It is also pleasing to see that you enjoy the fitness center and concierge loungs as a part of your routine here. I'm glad that you are reaping the "rewards" of the Marriott Rewards program and making it work for you during your leisure trips as well. Thank you again and safe travels!
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

I have been coming every Monday to Thursday since April 2012. I have options to stay at hotels closer to my client's office but don't. I like the people that work here. Briann F has an awesome personality and a charming smile at the front desk; Randy at the Starbucks makes my mornings go; Joan in the Concierge Lounge is so warm and welcoming; and Amelia provides a wonderful turn-down service with her friendly disposition. Each of these employees make the arduous travel worth it. I'll stay at this hotel and make the hour commute to Lodi. Kudos to SMRC for finding such wonderful employees.
In regards to the facility, everything is above average. The rooms are comfortable, the gym offers enough equipment, the restaurant has these meatball stuffed with Gorgonzola that is to die for, and the Concierge Lounge offers a hot breakfast and appetizers in the afternoon. I recommend this full service hotel when traveling to the Sacramento area.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear R Michael P,
Thank you for the many kind acknowlegements of the staff here that make your visits worthwhile. I will be sure to share your comments with each of them. You also may very well hold the record for longest daily commute doing business in Lodi each day! We appreciate your loyalty. The meatballs in the restaurant are also one of my personal favorites. Thanks again and safe travels!
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband & I spent a week here visiting family. The rooms are nice and large and clean too. The bathroom is a good size with plenty of counter-top space, which is important to me, and it had a fabulous night light. Our king size bed was indeed comfortable, and it was great watching the Olympics on the large flat screen tv at the foot of the bed. This hotel is near a freeway, but we we didn't hear any freeway noise from our room (facing front of hotel). There is a large swimming pool and a hot tub. There was freeway noise from the pool however. One negative thing about the pool is that it is ridicously cold. Too cold really to swim. It was sad to see small children not being able to enjoy the pool as it was too cold for them. Management should see that this pool be heated. The hotel's restaurant was good and had fair prices. It also had nice outside dining near the pool. Will stay here again when visiting family. Oh yes, there is also a starbucks in the lobby.

Dear PAB1120,
We appreciate that you chose to stay with us while visiting family in the Sac/Rancho/Folsom area. There are many choices and we were delighted to serve you as you enjoyed the amenities in your room and throughout the hotel. We do currently heat the pool to 80 degrees and based upon your comment, we are raising it up a couple degrees. We look forward to your next visit and wish you safe travels!
Viti Levu, Fiji
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed at this resort hotel and the staff were so friendly and patient with our various needs. Its a beautiful hotel and our family had such a wonderfull experience! The pool is excellent, the restaurant is great..

Dear IslandGirlForLife,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We're glad that your family enjoyed the outdoor pool and the Formaggio Restaurant here in the hotel. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to doing so again soon. Safe travels!
Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Last minute rush out of town. Called in a panic.
Janelle was so helpful and made up for questions on the website. People really DO make the difference!!!
Recommend highly. Will stay again...next month! ....
Russ

Room Tip: Bring your work out clothes, they have a nice gym and pool!! Large rooms and all the amenities!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Russ R,
Your kind words for Jenel will be passed along, and certainly people can make the difference in any service experience. I'm happy that we will be able to serve you again on your return visit to enjoy all the amenities. Until then, safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
#4 of 81 in Sacramento

Been to Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!