“US Association of Blind Athletes Pre-Race Dinner”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Folsom, California
“US Association of Blind Athletes Pre-Race Dinner”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova has been the host hotel for blind athletes taking part in the California International Marathon for 2-years in a row. The banquet staff did an amazing job with a pre-race dinner for 140 of our VIP guests. The food was excellent and the staff worked well with our blind athletes. The management staff for the hotel rooms and banquet provided excellent communication during the planning process. They clearly wanted to ensure a quality experience for all. This year, they improved the experience by offering an early morning pre-race oatmeal bar for the guests running the marathon. The Sacramento Marriott staff made this a great experience for all!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Richard H.

Thank you very much for the 5 star review on Trip Advisor. The team was thrilled to read your review regarding the efforts they made during the California International Marathon. As you mentioned the team is excited and enthusiastic to provide a “quality experience for all”.

Thank you again for your fantastic review and we hope to have you back next year.

Marco Filice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the years and have never had a bad experience. There is new management at the hotel and during my last stay, nothing has changed. Excellent service everywhere (front desk, concierge lounge and restaurant and bar). Marie is a fixture at the restaurant bar and is always providing a smile and excellent service after a long day. In the morning Brenda greets you in the concierge lounge and treats you as part of her family. Whether for one room or for setting up a meeting the staff is excellent. The turndown service is also excellent. They always leave the extra chocolate or two to make you feel special. The Director of Sales (David Burri) is warm and welcoming and willing to work with you to get the type of accommodations you need for a big group. He goes the extra mile in trying to get State Workers accommodations for meetings or just single rooms when possible. The new management has continued to excel and provide excellent service. If something isn't just right they are more than willing to correct the situation or problem. It makes your stay here feel like home. And in the summer time the outdoor pool is great and the area is a great place to enjoy a drink or have an outside meeting on the patio. I would recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure.

Columbia, SC
Reviewed 20 December 2013

First time staying at this hotel. Business Trip.Made reservations and gave my Marriott rewards number. Explained how the bill would be taken care of by my business partner. Every time I checked in there was a problem. Every time I checked in, I didn't get my reward points. It just seemed the front desk clerks didn't know how to handle business check in.
Housekeeping: Had to continue to call to get something for my room that should have been restocked when they cleaned my room. For example, the "hang over the door" breakfast order form. Also sometimes when my room was cleaned, they wouldn't put everything back on the bed.
Room: The rooms were nice
Concierge Lounge: It was okay. Could have included meat sometimes during breakfast. Also Pasta every night was getting old, but let's get real here..it was FREE.
Excellent customer service from the people who worked in the lounge especially morning crew.

Dear Natalie O.

Thank you for providing us feedback of your stay. I apologize for the challenges that you have had with the check in process and I will certainly review them with my team. It is our goal to provide you with a convenient, rapid and thorough check in without any hassles. My Concierge staff will be excited to hear your praise as they work so hard to make an impact on our best guests.

Thank you again for the feedback we look for to improving for you

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I try to stay here for business whenever I can when they offer the state government rate. It is in a great location close to my work and also numerous restaurants. Their concierge lounge is nice both with their breakfast and evening options. Their bar/restaurant always seems to be busy and is a nice place to relax after work. They have a very nice outdoor pool and seating area when the weather allows. The rooms are a typical Marriott set-up. Nice beds, big TVs, etc. You can't go wrong with selecting this hotel.

Dear David T.

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I hope that you will be able to join us in the summer time to enjoy our pool and patio when it isn’t so cold outside. Many of our guests especially enjoy the patio when we project baseball games on our big screen out side. Can’t really ask for a better way to enjoy a beer with some friends or to take your mind off of work. I hope you get to come back soon

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Nice quiet place to be....I was here for over a week....Old Sacramento was also not very far from the location of Marriott.....very near to University Davis....some nice food joints nearby...the best place to have food was @ an Persian restaurant nearby....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear SumanGupta

Thank you for review on Trip Advisor. We too enjoy our being on the “Road to everywhere” as we are not too far from downtown Sacramento as well as driving distance to many ski resorts in Lake Tahoe. I’m happy to hear your first visit to the US was spent with us and hope you return again soon.

Bonsall, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stay in hotels somewhere around 180 nights a year, so I see all kinds of hotels. I am platinum elite with Marriott, so I know what to expect from each hotel brand. To be honest this hotel is exactly what I would expect. Great rooms with great beds. Top of the line service from excellent and friendly staff members! The concierge lounge was terrific with good food and fantastic service! The exercise room, though not the best I've ever seen is certainly above average. The restaurant and bar on site has excellent food and good place to catch a game. My team and I don't get to stay in full service Marriotts very often and it didn't look like we would this time, but one call to the manger and we were in. Thanks David! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, business or pleasure!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2013

It’s a very nice hotel and at a perfect location. The staffs has always been friendly and are the reason it gets a 5 from me, they are very responsive and friendly. King rooms are quiet, laid out nicely. Gorgeous patio restaurant and the Starbucks coffee bar is very convenient.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
#4 of 81 in Sacramento

Been to Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!