“Lots of Help”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was at the Hotel for a convention and Anthony was working the desk and was a great help in not only sorting out my room issues, but assisting in anything we needed over the next 3 days. The entire staff was nothing but courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Rod B.

“courteous and friendly” are certainly traits that we strive for in our customer service and Anthony is a great part of our team who genuinely cares about the guests he interacts with. Thank you for noticing and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a great experience this time around the hotel was very clean, the staff were friendly and the food was good ,( we debated on returning because of the last experience we had) the pricing on the menu was a little high but tolerable, with many offsite restaurants to choose from that's the direction we went. over all it rates a very good, my guess they changed the management, we will return again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Westcoasttraveler707

Thank you for giving us another chance. I am pleased to read that you saw improvement compared to your previous visit. Our team was very pleased to read that you found the staff to be friendly and the food good, those two criteria fulfill some of our most basic goals.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My special someone and I wanted a quick get a way to unwind from a hectic week. The Sunrise Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova was just the right place. As this was my first stay at this property, I sought to check it out first. The hotel staff was very kind in granting a tour of room and suite options. I have Jenel, the manager on duty and Luke, the concierge staff to thank for that. I later confirmed my room stay and got an upgraded suite. The room was spacious and homey. I have Ashley and Jenel to thank for that. Jamie checked me in to the confirmed suite and We thank Jamie, Jenel and Ashley for that. Because our suite was located at the end of the hall and the bed very comfortable, we enjoyed resting until 10:20 AM by which time we'd missed the breakfast included in our rate. Even so, Jenel and Camry made sure the kitchen provided food service from the room service menu using our breakfast coupon. The room service staff made sure that the food met our expectations. The room service associate, Aubry, who delivered the food was courteous, attentive and responsive. Overall, the experience at the Sunrise Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova, CA was memorable. I will definitely be staying there again. The property is highly recommended thanks to the attentive, accommodating and responsive services of Jenel, Luke, Ashley, Jamie, Camry and Aubry (room service associate). Thank you, thank you, thank you for an enjoyable stay on Mother's Day Weekend 2014!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Basil F
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear BasilF

Thank you for taking the time to share this fantastic experience. Jenel, Jamie, Camry, Luke, Ashley, and Aubrey were all very excited to read about your escape to our hotel over the mothers day weekend. Our staff have tremendous pride and passion in what they do and appreciate in being recognized for their efforts.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The staff is very friendly, even when dealing with an extremely rude customer. The room was nice, but there wasn't much light coming in, and not enough in room lighting. I was on the 5th floor facing the parking lot.

Being next to a freeway you would expect a lot of noise, but there wasn't. The walls are thin though, and I heard a baby crying off and in thru out the night.

When I checked out the staff was just as friendly. Great service, average room luxury.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear AustenA

Thank you for making the time to share your experience’s. My apologies regarding the noise you experienced with a the crying baby. We know how disruptive that can be for your rest. We are very happy to hear that you found our hotel to have “great service” with a friendly staff. Its exactly what we strive for.

Thank you again for sharing and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Veteran Marriott stayer. While this is not the most elaborate location, it makes up for it with kind and attentive staff at check in and the concierge lounge. Manager has recently started greeting people as we leave every morning. Very clean and well maintained.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Fingerhold

Thank you for recognizing our staffs’ efforts as we try to make our guests time with us as convenient, relaxing and productive as possible. We appreciate your loyalty not only to us but to our brand and hope to see you back at the Marriott Sacramento Rancho Cordova again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed on a Sat. night so wasn't surprised that the hotel was hosting some events that night. I was surprised to return from dinner and find that at least one of the parties was spilling into the lobby and was already at a rowdy volume. Steered the family around them to the elevator and figured the hotel would keep things under control as the night got later. It was pretty calm on the sixth floor so I figured all was well. The calm lasted until 1:30 when a drunken mod took over the hallway. And when I say mob I mean at least 8 falling down, bouncing off the walls, drunks. Some of these people were not able to walk on their own or find their rooms or operate door keys. This lasted for 30-40 min., they just rolled around out in the hallway yelling at each other. How does a group like this make it past a front desk and whatever security the Marriott has to begin with and then are allowed to wander freely. When asked about while checking out the front desk made a joke of it. It clearly wasn't a joke as we met several police cars in the parking lot that were arriving to deal with the aftermath of the nights hijinks. I did not feel safe staying there with my wife and daughter.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gregory H
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Gregory,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Rancho Cordova. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We are taking many precautionary steps before any groups re arriving in our hotel to ensure that they are isolated form the rest of the guests and it seems like this past weekend we failed. I can understand how frustrating might have been for you and your family not to be able to enjoy your visit due to the details you have described. Also, I have to agree with you that our staff handled the situation was not acceptable.

Regarding the police officers you have seen in the lobby, they are actually in or hotel every morning enjoying their coffee at the Starbucks that we have in the lobby, but I completely understand why you might have thought that they are here for different reasons.
Again, please accept my apologies and know that your comments are valuable, will be shared with the rest of the team and will be used to improve and learn. I hope that this experience will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Please contact me next time you are visiting the area and I will personally handle your reservation to ensure a memorable experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a nice older property,in good condition,and the Price was Right.the staff was very friendlyand welcoming.We were visiting friends so didn't spend much time in the hotel.Had breakfast in room,delivered on time and very good.Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Location forus was good for visit to friends,however is about 6 miles from most Sacramento attractio...