“Outstanding facilities and staff”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
California
“Outstanding facilities and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

Our meeting facilities at the Marriott this past week were excellent, as always. From our preinspection of the room to our ending notes, everything was perfect! Our morning refreshments were nicely displayed in multi-tiered service trays in addition to the tastefully arranged coffee/tea service. Afternoon treats were fresh baked peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies which, our compliments to the chef, always completely disappear within our 10 min break, with people asking for more!
I ate at the restaurant for lunch, and our entire party remarked how good their food was; I had the club sandwich which, based on their Express Menu, is both delicious and a great deal. Others had the chicken Caesar Salad, grilled chicken sandwich, and salmon salad, which is a favorite of many! This was my first dining experience on the patio, which I throughly enjoyed with the sound of the waterfalls by the pool adding a calm, relaxing background. The wait staff were all pleasant and professional in both their dress and manners.
A few kudos to some people who always make our business meetings there run smoothly and much more enjoyable. The Assistant Banquet Manager, Richard, is always checking on us, and I throughly appreciate his concern and caring attitude. Ron, our Audio Visual person, is always sunny, polite, and willing to help us with anything! And finally, my Sales Manager is always delightful. Teng makes everything happen without a glitch and her professionalism, caring attitude, and hard work are to be commended!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Dear IvoriSalmon,

Your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor gives me reason to be proud to work here. The commendations you gave for the meeting facilities, the Chef's food, the service in Formaggio Restaurant and on the Patio, along with Ron, Richard and Teng are great examples of the teamwork we have at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. I will be sure to pass on your accolades to our associates. Thank you so much, and come visit us again soon!

Best Regards,
Kent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I travel extensively for work and pleasure. The Marriott hotels are usually my first preference. The Marriott Rancho Cordova is at the top of my list. The hotel speaks of service! From the time you enter the front door until the end of your stay, the staff is nothing but superb. Everyone is so helpful and pleasant.

The facilities are always immaculate and the rooms are large and comfortable. I appreciate the way the hotel is kept in tip top condition. The restaurant is very good and at a moderate price.

Of the Marriott hotels, all brands, Rancho Cordova rates at the top with me.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Kirchner,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the service and facilities here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you have choices, and we are always pleased to serve you when you visit the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova while on business.
Safe travels and our best!
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Glad we stayed here. Service was great. Room spacious. Restaurant was good and outstanding service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 6 August 2010
We were pleased to serve NHfamilytravels and glad that you found our facilities and service to be "outstanding". Come back soon, and safe travels! Kent
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

This hotel is the best choice in the area for business or leisure. My recent stay included two nights for each, and I can’t say enough great things about this location or the staff. My telephone conversation with Olivia the day prior to arrival gave me the feeling that she truly cared about my upcoming experience. She greeted me with enthusiasm and a smile upon arrival, and she continued to validate her sincerity for the duration of my stay.

A short drive from downtown Sacramento (10 minutes), this hotel was the perfect location for business travels. They offer comfortable accommodations, a meticulously maintained facility, and all of the right features to make business travel easy. The gym features new equipment, there’s a Starbucks onsite, the business center is well-equipped, and the restaurant is very good. The rooms are spacious, the high-speed internet was quick and reliable, and the concierge lounge is among the best.

This hotel is also ideal for leisure, as it’s conveniently located to the surrounding wine country. A short drive down Sunrise will take you to a highway that winds through the Sierra foothills and delivers you into the blissful heaven that is Amador County. There are so many wineries, small markets, and restaurants to explore. The Rancho Cordova Marriott offered the perfect place to rest between days of exploration.

Thank you Olivia and the entire staff at the Rancho Cordova Marriott…we will be back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 4 August 2010
Dear Winopanda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. Your kind comments for Olivia have already been shared with her and she is indeed one of the best! I'm pleased that we can not only serve you for your business needs, but leisure as well. The Sierra Foothills are a well kept secret that is gaining momentum for day trips out of Sacramento, and our location puts us only 40 minutes to the nearest vineyard.

We look forward to serving you again soon! Thanks again.

Safe travels,
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

Dear Kent(Manager of Mariott in Rancho Cordova)
We had an excellent stay. Your staff was very friendly, courteous, and responsive to all our needs. My son who lives in Rancho Cordova recommended your hotel and his recommendation lived up to our expectations. My son, daughter-in-law and grand children enjoyed the swim and Thursday brunch by the pool. If we come for a visit to see our son and his family, my wife and I (and any of our 10 children) would definitely stay at your establishment again.
I spent three years as the US Army's Chief of Marketing and I know that it is always nice to get good feed back from customers. Thank you for running a good operation and your excellent service to me and my family.

Art Mark
LtCol, Retired
US Army Combat Infantry, paratrooper, & RANGER

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 2 August 2010
Dear Mr. Mark,

We're pleased to hear that your family enjoyed our facilities here at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. Your kind comments will be shared with the entire team. We look forward to hosting another family reunion (all 10 kids, and their children!) in the future. Thank you.

Best Regards, amd safe travels!
wesmont il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

i cant say enough about my stay at this hotel it was such a great trip i plan on just going to say hi to the people there im from chicago. and its a tuff town here i was so surprised to be trearted with the respect and my every need was taken care of no matter what i asked marriott in rancho crdova ca. not much in the town it self but the people are awesome. if you ever go there there is this young man named patrick egan find him and talk with him i see him as a future leader what ever road he takes he will be on top he works the nite shift i was up most of the time couldnt sleep half the time but he took time to lend me his ear for some time the whole staff just wonderful i had to speak with the general manager to express my thoughts very nice man in my experances you dont run into that many people in one place that go above and beyond there job duties such a pleasant place to be i found it in my heart to extend the into my family thats how they made m,y stay there .

Dear Taddyales,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments in to Tripadvisor! It was especially kind of you to mention Patrick for his excellent customer service skills. He will appreciate your recognition of him.
I also want to thank you for seeking me out while you were here to commend our entire team. If I remember, you were accompanying your wife who was in town on a business trip. I hope all went well for her. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Best Regards, and safe travels!
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

Concierge Level is amazing Joan and Emilia treat you like the family.

*Free breakfast
*Business Center
*Concierge Lounge

Joan is great at noticing your likes and dislikes by day two ! If She finds out your working late she will leave food out a bit longer.

Emilia will find out if you liked or disliked things in your room and make sure you are super happy with youor stay.

These women welcomed my colleagues and Myself as if we just got home and we were the favored child.

Really enjoyed my stay .

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Dear pickanameanyname,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel's Concierge Lounge. Your kind comments about the personal service you received from Joan and Emelia will be shared with them. These great ladies are what makes the stay up on that level well worthwhile and I'm pleased they made you feel special.

We all look forward to serving you and your associates again on your next trip to Rancho Cordova!

Best Regards,