“Excellent service”

Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I'm here in the Sacramento area working for Sutter Health at Mather. I've been at the Residence Inn in Rancho Cordova since January 2013 and am very happy with the service. The staff is very friendly and responsive.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you so much for choosing the Rancho Cordova Residence Inn for your business travel. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff. We look forward to providing you exceptional service for your stays in the future!

Victoria Everett
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Rancho Cordova several times over the past few months. It is clean and quiet with well appointed apartments in different sizes. Each studio, one bedroom, or two bedroom has a spotless, up to date kitchen. I have really enjoyed staying there. Special thanks to Kimberly and Jen at the front desk for their extra special, professional and warm treatment.
Only one restaurant that I know of nearby (behind the hotel/no affiliation). I hope to find others. The location is near a business park.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sue B
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Also, your feedback regarding the service is very helpful and will be shared with our staff. We want to do everything to make your stay enjoyable! We appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Rancho Cordova area!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I expected a restful night in an area of Sacramento we both like very much. For the first time we choose this Residence Inn expecting a satisfying experience. We are Marriott Gold Members and travel a lot, staying at Marriott properties most of the time. This Residence Inn is not up to the usual Marriott standard. It looks inviting from the outside; the rooms are nicely designed, clean, and very practical for longer stays. But please ask yourself: What is the most important thing in a hotel room? The bed of course. You go to a hotel to get a good night's rest. If you agree with this answer the Residence Inn in Rancho Cordova is not for you. My wife and I struggled the whole night to avoid sliding into the "hole" in the middle of the bed which indicated that the mattress must either be terribly old or damaged by overuse. Our sleep was constantly interrupted. I even got up in the middle of the night because I couldn't stand lying in this bed anymore. By the way, this is not the first time we experienced bad mattresses like this one in Residence Inn hotels. While even the lower priced Marriott Towne Place hotels have relatively new, comfortable mattresses, the Residence Inn seems to be treated like a stepchild by the corporate offices.

This experience alone would in my eyes be sufficient to downgrade the hotel to a "poor" rating. But there were other incidences that made us unhappy. For instance the air conditioning. The A/C unit for our suite (which consisted of two rooms) was hidden in a not accessible closet right next to the bed of all possible places and created an unbearable noise level when in working condition.

The next morning my wife wanted to make an 800 call and found out that the phone was not working. The girl at the reception explained that the phone was never turned on when we checked in (which means it was not working for the whole duration of our stay). A few minutes later the receptionist called and confirmed that she now turned on the phone and we could use it. It still did not work and my wife had to use her cell phone. They offered to send a repair man to our room but we declined because we already were in the process of checking out. I wonder if the phone now works in this room.

And another thing: The Residence Inn hotels pride themselves to offer a free continental breakfast better than in most other hotels of the same standard. Over time we experienced wonderful breakfasts in other hotels of this brand. What was offered here is in no way better than average.

The Residence Inn Rancho Cordova will not see us again and Marriott should take notice in order to not loose other guests too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will continue to stay at Residence Inn Rancho Cordova the next time you stay in the area.”

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I recently concluded a 6 month stay at the Rancho Cordova Residence Inn in conjunction with my first job in IT consulting. I am from Jackson, Mississippi so needless to say, I was a long way from home. The staff at the Residence Inn seemed to understand and empathize with someone who travelled for a living and was so far from home. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome and to truly give me "a home away from home". Toward the end of my stay, I came down with a severe stomach virus. Being away from home was bad enough, but to be away from home and very, very ill was even harder. I could not leave my room for almost a week. The staff kept me in ice chips and Gatorade and consistently checked on me and my needs. I will never forget these people and their kindness. It made leaving much harder than I had anticipated.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl M

Dear Cheryl,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. It was our pleasure providing you a home away from home. We hope that you will visit us again the next time your travel brings you back to the Sacramento area. Please let us know if we can provide any asistance.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Hello Fellow Travelers,

My name is Larry Bates, and I am not one to endorse products or services lightly. However the service I have recieved at the Rancho Cordova Marriott Resident Inn is Excellent. Terry Park, the site manager, and his entire staff, have made my 6 month stay very enjoyable and comfortable.

Their commitment to me, and other residents, is top noched. The rooms are nice, spacious and secure. I don't have to worry about my personal belongings. (Very Important). My room is kept fresh and clean. I always get a "good morning Mr. Bates" from Terry and the staff (although, I always tell them to call me Larry).

The breakfast meal is tasty, and very important to me, cause I'm always in a hurry to get to work. Lastly, the facility is kept clean, grounds are maintained, swimming pool and hot tub are cleaned, and I even get my UPS packages delivered to the front desk.

I would recommend this Resident Inn to anyone looking for a home, away from home.

10 points out of 10.... Excellent.

Respectfully,

Larry N. Bates
Lnbates@comcast.net

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Mr. Bates,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your stay with us. You have been with us for a very long time. Its was great having you stay with us. We hope that your travels with bring you back to this area sometime soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I enjoy my stay at the Residence Inn. The staff is always curtious, nice, friendly and helps in any way they can. I work in Sacramento for business, I enjoy very much my stay. The Rancho Cordova Residence Inn has everything that I could ask for when being away from home. I love staying there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
RanchoCordovaRI_SM, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for the great compliments about our hotel and service. It is our goal to always exceed your expectaions and to provide you with an exceptional stay. Please contact us directly if we can provide any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for the last 4 years. The staff are the nicest and most accommodating people you will ever find and strive to make every guest feel right at home. The property is well maintained and the rooms are inviting and comfortable. The meals are always great. I couldn't imagine staying ant any other place in the Rancho Cordova area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

I am happy to hear that you have been with us for so long and you enjoy staying with us. We strive to provide the home away from home experience for all of our guest. We are also happy to hear that your fine our hotel to be well maintained and comfortable. We will continue to strive to always exceed your expectations.