Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Went here for a week to visit my grandpa in California. We stayed here 4 days in all went out of town for two days to yosemite park. Great location, A little creepy at night we had our room facing the back of the hotel. I prefer the front. Enough room for me & my husband. Nice tv decent bed. Had a refrigerator, stove top, plates. That was very nice. My only complaint was there's no complimentary breakfast and the lady down stairs told me my card didn't go through and she swiped it again. I looked on my bank account on my phone the next day I was charged twice very upset about that!! Luckily my bank in texas got it fixed within a day thank god! :) Other than that good stay might stay here again..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2011

When I was planning my retirement in August 2010, I decided I could afford to stay here for a year or so by taking advantage of their Monthly Rates. At the time, $700 + $40/month for Housekeeping once a week. Rates have been raised multiple times. and the June rate will be $780 + $40. I have complained twice to Corporate, and never received a response.; This is a very basic hotel in a non tourist area, and my observations have been that occupancy is low. Having been in the business, I can't imagine why the room rates are as high as they are. Noting special, not even a pool. Rooms are adequate for my needs, but rate increases every few months are unacceptable.
This review might not apply to most visitors, though I can't see why you would be4 treated any better. Look around, there must be a better place to stay.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank PGChef
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This hotel is run by people from the Ghetto! They ruin what could have otherwise (COULD have) been a decent hotel.
They seem to fight with all of the clients in the morning to get them OUT of their hotel as quickly as possible. I have never seen nor heard such behavior from a hotel staff before. It comes across as very "low life".
I heard them carrying-on with my neighbors and they did it to me also when it came time to check out. They threatened to charge me another day's fee if I didn't disappear within 30 minutes of their notice......WIERD!!!! I've been to plenty hotels too. None like this one!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Pebbles4u
Reviewed 10 January 2008

I stayed here during a training project with my company from December 9th until about December 20th. Let me say that even that was too long of a stay. This place is disgusting and that's being forgiving. During my stay there, we all became sick. Likely due to the dirty conditions and unchanged air filters. We were hassled by bums for change on our balconies. Found a used condom wrapper in my dresser on the first day, had to buy cleaning products to clean our own bathtubs as they were foul and stained, encountered a centipede in the bathroom and a bum sleeping in the elevator. The desk clerk TJ was really nice and we didn't complain to the management, as there never seemed to be any around. This place was horrifying, depressing and I felt like I was living in a homeless shelter. This seemed like the type of place where broken families go to drown their sorrows in cheap booze and we actually did see a couple of this sort, fighting in the parking lot on a daily basis. This hotel should be razed to the ground or represented on your website as the hell-hole that it is.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Miss_Pretty
Reviewed 4 April 2007

I had none of the problems the other reviewer had. I have stayed for a weekend monthly for the past 6 months. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful; when I needed directions, the gentleman printed me a map from his computer. I've always found the room to be clean; when a light bulb needed replacing, it was done 10 minutes later. The little kitchen saves a lot of money on restaurant food. I used to stay at Motel 6, but for the same price (sometimes less, with special email offers), this is 5000% better. It's also far away from the gang-infested heart of Rancho Cordoba.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 23 July 2006

I could hear every word of conversations from the rooms next door, on both sides of me.

Hotel's location is good but there are other better hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: June 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JacobJacob
Reviewed 1 June 2005

The building looks nice on outside, but the checking in process was horrible and the room was worse. The air conditioner would not go off with the use of the remote control and when I asked the front desk about it, he said to "unplug it". In doing so, we had no air conditioning all night long. The room was stuffy, noisey and smoky. Resident's were screaming at one another and scratching out of the parking lot at 2:30 in the morning. The bathtub was filthy (with black grease and pubic hair in it) and I needed to clean it before I could take a shower. The ceiling in the bath is moldy. And the final insult was having to pay $70.00 for the room and taxes of $16.00. They had a notice that they were going to be steam cleaning the doors of the building and I am wondering why they are stopping there, the entire building needs it! Thus, the lipstick on the pig didn't help this hotel.

We are not taking a chance on any other Extended Stays in the future just because we got so burned on this one. People make fund of Motel 6's, but the Motel 6's we have stayed at in the past look like 3 star hotels compared to this Extended Stay.

3  Thank gkjohnson