“My experience at Extended Stay in Rancho Cordova”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Sacramento, California
“My experience at Extended Stay in Rancho Cordova”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I was needing A place to call home for a affordable price And what I found at extended stay totally meet my standards you cant put a price on service but at extended stay in Rancho Cordovea the staff and management were great and the kindness and service made me feel welcome and at home for my entire stay I would recommend staying there to my friends and family members sincerly David Culfa

Room Tip: room 229 is a wonderful room
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, 5 February 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that the kindness and service you received made you feel welcome!

We strive to create a “home away from home” for each guest and I’m glad to hear that we succeeded! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 28 December 2012

When Function/Use of a Hotel Room is Priority

This hotel has been going through some recent upgrades, and will be going through even more in the next few months. The buildings have been painting with the New color scheme. Room Update: New flat panel 32” TV’s, New Beds (Upgraded) & finally new lamp shades (needed but not much to speak about), this hotel is design for longer stays.

Breakfast:
They do not offer breakfast at this time but will in the January 2013

Rooms:
Basic with a kitchen, stove top, cabinets and full size refrigerator, A dinning table, A work desk/table with a lamp and a telephone with free local calls.

TV / Channels:
New 32” TV, Same basic channel line up.

WiFi:
A recent new change is they now offer free WiFi before they would charge a service fee that has been removed and replaced with basic WiFi (NOT HI SPEED) for free and faster speeds for a price (3G’s for $30) . I am more concern with Bandwidth or lack there of. I have great signal but very low bandwidth so downloading a simple news report that’s 45seconds of video generally take minutes.

Laundry Room with Vending Machines:
Last time I checked $2 for wash and $2 for drying. (On the expensive side for basic machines.)

Hotel Staff:
Manager Shaima seems to be on point with handling her property, what issues come about she deals with in a professional manner. With this a long term hotel some guess have some issues that may not occur at other hotels.

General Staff:
Also appears to do what is possible to assist you in your needs. They also appear to be in great communication with there Manager.

House Keeping Staff:
It seems all of them do a great job cleaning the rooms. Yet never seem to touch your items to do so!

Hotel Grounds/Area:
Located next to US 50 highway and to a Mc. Donald’s, Mexican Restaurant a Shell. Walking Distance to Several other Shopping Centers. Wal-Mart, Pay Less Shoes, 99 Cent Store, Steve’s Pizza, Taco Bell, Shell, Chevron, Fed Ex Office, Kaiser Permanente, Starbucks and many more.
Hotel has grounds cleaned daily and trashed removed twice. (Things you notice)

Parking:
Plenty for cars, small trucks and SUV’s Not designed for RV’s Semi’s etc.

Landscaping:
The Bushes and Trees here grow so fast sometimes it appears that they need to be trimmed even more. Landscape here well taken care of.

What to Expect:
Be reasonable, if you are comparing this Hotel to a Marriot or Hyatt then you will not like this hotel, if you feel that your only happy staying at the higher end Hotels you will not be happy, if you have the $125 or more per day to spend on a Higher End Hotel please go there, be happy and do not complain that this Hotel is not a Hyatt when your paying less then half of what you would across the street at the Hyatt or Marriot or even down the street at another Marriot.
Some reviewers have complained that they would spend the extra money next time and stay at a Hyatt or... Well I have stayed at the Hyatt and Marriot across the street a few times and Marriot tones of times and I know that every hotel has its draw backs and advantages. You generally get what you pay for or what you set your self up for failure.

What You Really Need To Know:
No Pool
No Ice Machine
No Breakfast Yet (Coming in Jan, 2013)
Average WiFi (In room WiFi needs some help but its prob do to access point issue)
Average + Rooms but with a kitchen.
If you have an issue Speak Up to staff, chances are they will handle that issue for you.
If you’re easily awaken you might want a room on the front side as the highway traffic can be heard during the night.
Great Staff, willing to help you.

For the ESA Corporate Offices:
An Ice Machine in the Laundry Room where Access Is Limited would be wonderful.

Also I have given this Idea to Shaima already but REDBOX also in the Laundry Room Would be even Better!

More TV Stations, Less ESPN’s, More Kid Friendly Stations.

More Direct Contact with Corporate.

Update/Grade the Washing Machines and Dryers for the price of $2 for Wash and $2 for Dry its worth taking laundry to a Laundromat.

Thank you Comments Are Always Welcome.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, 31 December 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the updates to the hotel and rooms.

As you also mentioned, we are excited to be able to have the added value of a Grab and Go breakfast in January and hope that you enjoy that as well.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

In the middle of relocating went through a hotels.com book and found a coupon.
When we arrived it was an easy, pleasant check in with nice friendly people.
The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.
Had laundry rooms and other amenities.
At checkout we felt like staying another night. We are on a fixed budget so we did not stay.

Scincerely,

Karry Karpe

• Stayed October 2012
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay at my hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

I truly have, and am currently enjoying my time at the hotel due to the friendly and diligent staff, location and many attractions that facilitated the overall experience to rise above and beyond my initial expectations. Great value for the Quality you Receive.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GinniW
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you find my staff friendly and diligent. With plenty of nearby attractions I am certain you will find the rest of your stay to be just as pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Enjoy the rest of your stay with us!
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel has been going through some recent upgrades, The buildings have been painting with the New color scheme, New flat panel 32” TV’s, New Beds (Upgraded) & finally new lamp shades (needed but not much to speak about), This hotel is design for longer stays.

Breakfast:
They do not offer breakfast at this location. (New Commercials advise they will)

Rooms:

TV / Channels:
New 32” TV, Same basic channel line up.

WiFi:

Laundry Room with Vending Machines:
Last time I checked $2 for wash and $2 for drying.

Hotel Staff:

General Staff:

House Keeping Staff:

Hotel Grounds:
Located next to US 50 highway and to a Mc Donald’s and a Shell. Hotel has grounds cleaned daily and trashed removed twice. (things you notice)

Parking:
Plenty for cars, small trucks and SUV’s Not designed for RV’s Semi’s etc.

Landscaping:
Could use a wee bet more effort in the areas of cutting/trimming of bushes that seem to grow faster then being cut, (this concerns you when your trying to park and the bush takes over the parking space or trying to walk and the bushes have grown up and are in your way of walking.)

Even though this is a nice hotel if you are expecting a Marriot and yet you’re not willing to pay for a Marriot please do not think your getting something for nothing. This hotel is what it is and some review writers state and imply that they expect more and yet the cost for this hotel is generally less then $60 per night. The Marriot’s of the hotels are charging over $100 per night much more during the week so please think about what your paying verse what you expect.

What You Really Need To Know:
No Pool
No Ice Machine
No Breakfast
Average or just shi of average WiFi
Average Rooms but with a kitchen
Great Staff, willing to help you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank David T S
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, 17 August 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review about your stay at out hotel. It was rewarding to read that the staff and our management team were able to accommodate you during your time with us. Still, it was disheartening to read your comments about the internet and room furnishings. I apologize if we did not communicate our offerings appropriately during check-in; it will be something I work on with the staff so we can better improve our processes, ensuring this is not an issue moving forward.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and let us show you our redoubled efforts. Thank you again for your feedback.
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I was a travel nurse back in 2008 & stayed here for 6 months. Room was reasonable & we did our own laundry saving us housekeeping fees. We paid $1200/month & after 30 days there were no taxes. Conveniently located to lots of things to do. We stayed here again in January 2011 when we were house hunting in this area. If we encountered any problems, management took care of things right away. Stonebrook Restaurant was opened then & we ate dinner there often. The calendar only goes back to March 2011, but we were there before then. There is also no swimming pool on the premises.

Room Tip: Take a room on first floor if you are a biker, so you can park your motorcycle in front of your room...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RuthiRN
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Went here for a week to visit my grandpa in California. We stayed here 4 days in all went out of town for two days to yosemite park. Great location, A little creepy at night we had our room facing the back of the hotel. I prefer the front. Enough room for me & my husband. Nice tv decent bed. Had a refrigerator, stove top, plates. That was very nice. My only complaint was there's no complimentary breakfast and the lady down stairs told me my card didn't go through and she swiped it again. I looked on my bank account on my phone the next day I was charged twice very upset about that!! Luckily my bank in texas got it fixed within a day thank god! :) Other than that good stay might stay here again..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple