“I wish I can give 0 stars” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.

Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Atlanta, Georgia
“I wish I can give 0 stars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The moment I entered the room (a "non-smoking" room), the stench from the carpet made it hard to breathe. 2 mins into my stay, I called the front desk but I was told that they are fully booked and I should call in the morning. And they gave me a Febreze to survive the night. There is no daily cleaning done here, not even making beds. Every time you want new towels, you need to get them from the front desk. There is only one bar of soap provided in toiletries, yes that is correct, just one bar, that is all you get from the hotel. No shampoo, conditioner, etc. unless you go walk up to the front desk. I have shared pictures of how clean the towel shelves in the bathroom are. You can literally scribble with your fingers in the amount of dust there, and I just checked in. Their cleaning policy is that they offer cleaning for a stay of 8 nights or more. Unlucky me, I booked for 5 nights. The bed is a box spring and the mattress keeps you company with the noise it makes every time to turn in bed. Not coming here again. I hope they cancel my reservation for the remaining days without any fees.

All the people who had mentioned that the rooms smell were right. I wish I was not so wishful and would have listened.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mBak2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Your review of our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize for the odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Please know, while we do not offer toiletries in our guest rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, we are happy to exchange dirty towels for clean ones at the front desk. Also, if you are staying at our hotel for fewer than 8 nights you can purchase our housekeeping services for a minimal fee.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, sar2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Qingdao
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

John 1:17

The Law was given by Moses; but Grace & Truth came by Jesus Christ

On New Year's' Day, I had the misfortune of checking into Crossland @ Rancho Cordova & encountered a very difficult, un-cooperative & legalistic front desk.

It was 1 pm & I was told to come back at 3 pm, becoz that was check in time

when I got back at around 3pm, I requested for a room on ground floor, becoz I had a lot of items in 2 milk cartons to transfer from the cargo van to the motel room

front desk customer service (with a lazy eye) didn't have a room on ground level, the only room Crossland had available for me was on 2nd floor

I asked if there was a self service trolley that was available for me to transfer all my items to trolley so that I didn't have to do multiple trips, service staff said no

could she locate self service trolley, service staff said no, I would have to go look around Crossland @ Rancho Cordova and find the trolley myself.

I said: Nah, forget it... with that kind of attitude, I wouldn't be interested .. don't forget, even when rooms were available for check in @ 1 pm, I was still told to come back at 3pm

no expletives, no profanities.. but I told the service staff, she had an ATTITUDE PROBLEM on Customer Service

about 10 days later mid Jan 2014, I booked a room at Crossland @ Rancho Cordova

the service staff Jan 10 2014 was pleasant, she assigned me a room on ground level

There was no incident Jan 10 2014

Feb 4 2014, I called Crossland @ Rancho Cordova, I was told Rancho Cordova didn't want my business

Ironically, Crossland @ Rancho Cordova advertised on internet booking website, cheaper than their official rate at Extended Stay website

the last laugh was that I booked a room at another hotel on same internet booking website for $2 less; but if tax included it was even less expensive than Crossland @ Rancho Cordova

Room Tip: parking lot is narrow & tight; no room for trailer parking .. truckers can forget finding parkin...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Do not book this hotel. Every room has ants in it. Plus there are people on drugs roaming around the property. A long drive and I was ready to go to bed when I noticed ants. Someone staying there told me there's ants in every room.

Room Tip: Don't sleep with bugs!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank truthBEtold2013
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We checked into the front desk.....Rick was great! Very pleasant but I noticed to manager a bit short with customers. We had to wait quite a while for our room.....there seemed to be decention between the front desk and the cleaning staff.......which was vocalized in front of customers.

The room was clean.....you could hear noise from the upstairs room.

The beds were very comfortable...I would stay again...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Larry - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our hotel. Please accept our apologies that your check-in was not completed in a timely fashion. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to provide you with a room that met your standards.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Talked to the hotel staff no less than 10 times and they have not done one thing to correct the ant problem that grows every day. Imagine having to walk into your bathroom with thousands of ants on the walls, on the floor and in the shower. Imagine them crawling onto your toothbrush. Then image my horror when I found that they spread into the kitchen cabinet and into my food! I've been promised and promised that something would be done and it hasn't. RUN as fast as you can away from this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AlexisThomas98
Alexis - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me, at abhavnani@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Valley Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Pleasant stay.i will return.
Nice and quiet. Staff helpful curteous. Clean rooms.
Highly recomend both for one night stay or for longterm. Relocating. Conveniently located to highway shopping bicycle riding and lightrail
It was reshreshing to interact with front desk personell who are courteous and proffesional.one such employee sticks out in my mind her name is jazmon.thank you jazmon you were a big help

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that JazMon was such a big help to you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Hawthorne, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The staff was excellent and very overworked. The rooms were had kitchenetts and very little else. There was no iron, ironing board, hair dryer or counter space in the bathrooms. The rooms were small and the TVs were old.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family