“Trendy hotel with great service”

Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Carlsbad, California
“Trendy hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Aloft hotel is a convenient affordable hotel with a trendy relaxing atmosphere. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Aloft hotel offers a hotel lobby bar where Shawn the bar tender told us about the area and made us feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to those who are passing through on vacation or simply need a nice hotel to stay out for business purposes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
South Pole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I really have no gripes about this hotel. I have never paid more than $80 a night to stay here. I don't believe there are any SPG upgrades here, but I am satisfied with the rooms. If I had one issue, it would be that the main level staff are a little too unprepared for "aggressive hospitality". They might try being a little "less cool" and more focused on doing the BASICS of running a hotel operation, like having "change" at the front desk and having the food options available as "stated". Maybe they need to be reminded that they are working in Ontario-RC and NOT IN WEST HOLLYWOOD!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Squaty pillows. Zero hotel room service just a menu from a delivering sports pub. vanity lights didn't work. zero blackout shade. when traveling seeing light isn't welcomed. Not family friendly. alarm clock was even the wrong time... not to mention the terrible idea of shampoo / conditioner built into the shower wall... Not very clean.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank xkellyedgex
Northern CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel was just fine for our purposes. There were some quirky things that happened during our stay but the room was comfortable (especially the beds), it was nicely set up in terms of a long "desk" area with iPod docking port. The towels were plentiful and they don't replace them or the sheets unless you ask. They also have a recycling can in the room. Love the conservation efforts. The shampoo/conditioner (all in one-so bring conditioner if you use it) is in a dispenser in the shower, not in little bottles that you can take home and end up in landfill. They do provide little bottles of lotion and little bars of soap (Bliss Products). No closet or chest of drawers just a small curtained area opposite the sink with a small bar to hang a few things and a shelf where you could put folded items. Not a ton of room there, but enough for the two of us for the weekend. All in all not bad for $80 a night.
All of the staff we encountered were very nice and accomodating.Every request was graciously attended to.

Now to the quirks. . in our room one of the outets (the one you'd plug the hairdryer into) did not work. And one of the days housekeeping didn't show up. I am sure if we brought these things to their attention it would have been remedied - that seemed to be the way their staff was-but we didn't so that's on us. All weekend long people were getting stuck (for just a couple of minutes) in one of the elevators.
The only real negative to this hotel is that they are trying to use the small bar and common area as a night club. As a mom traveling with a young teenager-it limited are use of public spaces. There were at least 5 sports teams of 13-14 year olds staying here and on Friday night as we returned from dinner (not late) there was a DJ playing pretty loud we couldn't use the common lobby area or the pool table. We did go out to the pool-but when that became the "smoking area" for the DJ party-we went to our room. We felt a little trapped in the room. Sunday afternoon (about 4:00) when we returned to the hotel there was a huge security guy at the door and a raging party going on at the pool. The party had reached capacity and they weren't letting any more people in. It was easy to convince him that my 13 year old and I were not trying to attend the party and showed him our room key he let us in the front door. He was a really nice guy just doing his job and looking out for us which I appreciated. The pool and pool deck was absolutely packed (the pool isn't very big so thing a mini version of Rehab at the Hard Rock) the bar was crowded with half naked partiers and the DJ was thumping out more loud "music" (not judging-just describing)
I totally understand that this party was not intended to appeal to someone my age and the people that were there looked like they were having a blast. That's all fine, but again-couldn't use the common areas or the pool. I'd have been mad if we had planned a quite afternoon around the pool but we hadn't, so it was cool. It was kind of fun to watch for a little while-surprised no one got hurt with the drinking and pushing in the pool antics. (I'll stop now, I'm sounding really old). Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a good party but do your homework (we did not, but I never would have imagined this or thought to ask in advance) and see what the Aloft has on it's schedule before you book a room here. According to the guard the party happens on certain Sunday(s) of the month so it should be easy to avoid or attend!
I would absolutely stay here again, for the comfortable rooms, accomodating staff and good value. . . .after I placed a call to see what was on the party schedule! Thanks for the good stay

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
aloftMNGR, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Thank you for your posting... All of your comments are well taken. The Aloft Brand is a little different than your traditional hotel and gives a new twist to travel. As part of the W vision, the entertainment aspect of our hotel is part of the DNA we draw from our big sister.

It is brand standard for each Aloft property to have two entertaining events per week. This would include our Acoustic Guitarist on Wednesday and the LA Dodgers own DJ on Friday nights. Our hotel is very unique and offers our space for special event rentals.

Splash Sunday is a private event put on during the summer and is designed to be similar to the Vegas style pool parties. We definitely take the feedback of our guests and work hard to ensure that our guests feel comfortable.

We definitely encourage our guests to call us ahead and let us design a travel experience on their behalf. Our talented staff have a great pulse of what is happening in the hotel to what is happening in the city. Aloft Ontario Rancho Cucamonga is definitely the IT hotel in Rancho Cucamonga with great value and style.
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were in So Cal for a family event and decided to stay at the Aloft. We have a 10 month old baby (need I say more) -this place is NOT for families. If you are a couple looking to have fun or a single person this place is for you. Friday night the place turned into a night club! We were on the 3rd floor and could hear the DJ playing the music so loud and the 'boom boom' of the bass. Also the people that would go outside we could also hear loud and clear (from the 3rd floor). There are no bath tubs -again not ideal when you have a baby. The room was just ok -nothing that special but it was clean and tidy. Free internet was nice. Also, I thought it was strange to not have a microwave.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank honeymoon-wedding
Thank you so much for your comments. With a 10 month old, I totally understand as I have two small children myself. Anytime you look to stay with us again, please call us ahead.

Our talent loves to create an experience for our guests and go above and beyond their expectations. Requesting a high floor, quiet room, and mentioning that your baby loves a soothing bath before bedtime. Would have sent my team in to a great flurry, rushing around the city grabbing unique baby items to WOW you.

As part of the W vision, our hotel is very different from traditional hotels. Microwaves and ice are located on the first floor near our front desk to evoke conversation and personal touch. A simple ring down to the desk our talent can run up ice or even heat a bottle.

We are committed to live.life aloft
Los Angeles, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I adore this boutique hotel brand. (I'm the FourSquare 'Mayor' and Yelp! 'Duchess'... duh! -- [as of today anyway])

It's partly the decor & partly the feel-good aspects reminiscent of being at the W (minus the W's rates) that make me an A-Loft-lover. Bliss spa products? Yay! Trendy vibe? So 'W' cool.

While the hotel is super close to the Ontario Airport and the freeway, it's a tad distant from the action at Victoria Gardens & Ontario Mills. You have to walk down unpaved streets if you're hoofing it. It plays into the IE's ethos; everyone drives [even to the corner] here b/c of sheer laziness. They look down upon you from their raised "bro" pickup trucks if they see you walking. O_O

The IE temper also leaves the bar-that-wants-to-be-a-club area pretty dead in spite of A-Loft's attempts to garner performance talent. *Maybe* six of the guests mosey down to the pool table. But lemme' tell ya': as someone who has been privy to a 2nd floor room, those six can be quite a boisterous gaggle. Forget sleeping at all on a Saturday night!

IE & raucous aside, I love the A-Loft as a 'getaway'. The pool is salt water and warm. The mood--mellow: perfect for my alter ego.

Room Tip: Reserve through SPG directly
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
YES we are... We defintely are a one of the most trendies hotels in the IE. Unlike other hotels we give our guests a unique travel experience by giving our guest great music, great people having a great time.

We are no competition to the established night clubs in the area like Fusions and Rock the Keys, our staff like to say we are the mix and mingle location before you head out for a night on the town. Aloft Lounge we like to call it. Our Friday night DJ is definitely a highlight to get your weekend started. Before you know it he is packing up.

The next time you stay with us, please let us take you in our cool and relaxed a-ZOOM ZOOM shuttle to Victoria Gardens or Ontario Mills. Its complimentary and you dont have to hoove it anywhere. Our shuttle zips lots our guests within 5 miles of the hotel.
Burnaby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

So I stayed here with my girlfriends for the Fourth of July weekend for two nights. It's a very hip hotel. We checked in quite early and did not come back until about ten and by then we were really tired from our drive back from Palm Desert. When we walked into the lobby, there was loud music and it seemed like everyone was just hanging out. Great if you're not dead tired. All we wanted was some rest. The room was not too bad, but very minimal. There was no envelops or writing paper. The walls were thin so we could hear next door having a party and was loud! but it did stop by midnight. What I couldn't stand was those blinds. The rooms didn't have drapes that black out the room, but blinds that have a crack down the two sides and the bed is facing the window, so that's all you see in the dark are these two cracks of light. Thank god I had my sleeping mask, but my best friend had to suffer.

The plus was the location. It's really close by the Ontario Mall and costco and close by to the freeway. That's about it. I'm not sure if I would stay here again,but for the price we paid, I shouldn't complain. Oh, yeah, free parking and staff were pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank travellingbaker
aloftMNGR, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you for your comments definitely some great feedback. Aloft is a very intertactive, fun, desitnation hotel brand and evokes a new energy to travel. Mandated by our Starwood brand, music is throughout the hotel, we even have speakers that play underwater in our salt water pool. Guests really love it! As the first Aloft property, we definitely have learned that our blinds are unlike other hotels, but sleeping masks are a great suggestion. Thank you... We can carry them for guest to purchase or request. Our friendly staff is always here for any request. We always encourage our guests to call our friendly staff if they hear of any noise so we can defuse the problem immediately.

If you decide to give our hotel a try again, please call me directly. We will have a complete rest and relaxation kit waiting for you.

Thank you again for your comments.

Cristina Slim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#3 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#6 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills

Been to Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!