“Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Cambridge, Ohio
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This is a really lovely hotel with a great staff. It is in a nice part of town and was a perfect fit for us during our short stay. My teenage daughter loved everything about the room and was disappointed we only staying one night. The highlight of the stay, though, was the above and beyound attitude of the staff. They could not have been more friendly, or more accomidating. Especially Alexis in Food and Beverage, who went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JenniferCook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Brentwood, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were in what seemed like an industrial area of Southern California so was delighted to find a Starwood property fairly close by, in Rancho Cucamonga. I am familiar with the Aloft brand. I don't mind the smaller rooms and like the self serve breakfast & snack area. An important aspect of any hotel for me is cleanliness and safety. Those two areas is where I felt this property seemed to fail in. The first room I was assigned, the room key did not work. After a few tries, I discovered that the door jam was just duct taped and there was really no locking the door because you can just simply push it open. I went to the Front Desk to report my finding. They were apologetic but very surprised as if they did not know the condition of that room's door not functioning. Maybe Engineering has to do a better job communicating to the Front Desk about rooms under repair. It is not good for the guest to discover their hotel room door is "duct taped" rigged. The Front Desk quickly assigned me another room. The room that I got was small but that did not bother me. What did bother me was how dusty the room seemed to be, as if it had not been occupied for a while. I went to take a shower and saw that around the shower facet handle was a ball of long tangled blonde hair. It was disgusting to say the least and from that moment on, I was left with an impression that everything in the hotel room was filthy.
First impressions are often lasting impressions. I do think though with some closer attention to detail, this property can remedy these failures and rebound back to Starwood known high standards. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anna M
Riverside, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My room was very clean, the pool nice but was littered w/towels from other guests. There is also a smoking area right by the swimming pool. I saw a few ash trays filled w/cigarette butts. I smelled cigarette smoke a few times while laying out by the pool. The gym was clean and nicely equipped. We stayed a few days and I had to leave some clothes in my suit case, there are no dressers for storage. It my first time at an Aloft hotel, over all it was pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you have stayed in one Aloft you have stayed in them all. Big things to note, this is not an ideal place for families. It is caters to business travelers. Rooms are compact and there is very little privacy in the bathroom if you are rooming with others. (i.e. pocket doors for the toilet and shower, frosted window in the shower which shows into the bedroom area.) Not a big fan of seeing someone standing at the bathroom sink when I am in the bathroom but may not bother some. Staff at this site were helpful, we arrived very late but there was some partying going on our floor which involved smoking of substances. We complained and apparently the staff dealt with the matter particularly as the hotel is non-smoking no matter what you may be smoking. Overall, good deal, clean, convenient for one night stays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LostSojourner
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here multiple times whenever we visit our son. This is a nice, clean hotel with pleasant staff, good sized rooms, and great facilities. The gym and pool are good and the bar is very nice - lively on weekends. Great value and rates include internet.

Stayed May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed at a couple Aloft properties and they are always clean and comfortable and usually at a good price. Aloft Rancho met all of the above criteria only issue I found with the property is the design of the window blinds which are the same in all Aloft's, I guess I am only commenting on this now since my room was facing East where the sun rises, there is a large gap on either side of the blind (see attached photos) which lets light in making sleep difficult. Other than this issue I would stay at the Aloft brands again just have to make not of the direction in which my room faces.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emannh
Brea, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The service that was provided at Aloft hotel was very inviting. I was helped by Alexis who was very friendly. She made sure I had everything I needed and let me know that if I needed anything else to let her know. The experience was amazing and i will be returning.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!