“Decent, I guess”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Ontario, California
“Decent, I guess”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I and our young children stayed here during our home fumigation. Overall, this hotel served its purpose- the rooms were fine- we got the smaller one with double beds. Instead of drawers there were bins through-out and a small older microwave and fridge. Bed was uncomfortable and pillows were thin. The first night we were here, it was really hot so the AC kept coming on through-out the night and would wake us up because it was so loud. The pool is only heated with solar panels so thankfully it had been smoking hot the last couple of days and the water was at a relatively comfortable temperature- otherwise, I imagine it's too cold to swim in most days. The pool and jacuzzi are small and you get a lovely view of the HUGE electrical pylon while you're out there. The hotel building and lobby are nice looking. They offer a breakfast buffet for $12/adults and $6/kids ages 12 and under. We didn't try it- why would we with places like Denny's, Farmer Boys, and Mcdonalds near by? There were some loud and annoying people there on one of the nights and a series of smokers that liked to hang out by the pool. There were never enough of the tiny pool towels when we would go out for a swim. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families as it seems to be more for business people and chain smokers. Staff was friendly enough. We got a good deal on priceline express so we didn't expect much.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Travelling for business I do a lot of one nighters across California. Working in the area, I decided to try the Four Points Sheraton. I showed up around 8pm and there was a sign at the desk saying the agent would be back soon. Hmm, I worked all day and late and just wanted to get to my room to out my feet up. Fifteen minutes later the agent returns, smIles asks my name and checks me in - No apology - Apparently someone locked themselves out of their room and there was no one else to assist - Not a great first impression.
However, the Hotel is well-kept and the rooms comfortable. Bed was a little lumpy but OK. I gave it a very good for convenience and the room was well kept. It isn't luxurious but certainly fine for business travelers and families needing a reasonable price point.

Room Tip: Don't eat the Buffet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Temecula, California, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This Hotel is in a great location for Victoria Gardens and Ontario Mills mall. Tons of restaurants close by and supermarkets for getting some food to put in your fridge. Did I mention the rooms have a fridge and microwave, along with a mini coffee maker? If your a Star-wood Preferred guest the Fitness enter, WIFi and $10 off drinks and food voucher is included.

Also free water in the rooms (Dasani). Great staff and great place to stay. I will return.. Now if Victoria secrets didn't have a sale, would of been perfect, how do women sense these sales ?

Room Tip: I was on the 4th room in the corner, great view of your car and down foothill blvd.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff and a nice new-feeling to the entire facility. Elevators were a tad slow, but not obnoxiously so. Bed was comfortable, as was the desk chair. Older flat panel TV but plenty of HD programming. Room layout was a little odd with an armoir semi-blocking the bathroom access. View of the adjacent high tension power lines was a minus. Solid blackout curtains and nice fan control to enable stay-on operation. Love the white noise. Nice big and bright bathroom with updated if not new fixtures. Enjoyed the Route 66 theme throughout the hotel. Breakfast was excellent and affordable. Bar also appeared to offer beers and wines at night, though I didn't visit during those hours. Rancho Cucamonga itself is pretty drab. More strip malls per capita than I've ever seen before.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
San Pedro, CA
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Nice, clean hotel with very efficient and friendly staff. However, they food and beverage service needs attention.

First the room. Check in was efficient and friendly. I was early, so had to wait an hour or so for my room. As a Starwood Platinum guest, I was upgraded to a very nice suite, comfortable.

I went to the bar a dinner. They were empty and the bartender was busy. I was basically ignored for a long while until the bartender returned to the bar. He said he was busy with a room service order but asked me what I would like. I ordered a beer from their tap. It was flat. Ordered another one. Not much better. Settled on a comp'd bottle. I later ordered a burger to take up to my room. It was average but certainly not a "premium" cheeseburger.

Breakfast the following morning was just as abysmal. There were only a spoonful or two of rock hard scrambled eggs available. Server was nowhere in sight. Had a piece of ham and get-your-own coffee from the lobby. Unacceptable experience.

Check out was nice and friendly. I think I would return here when I am next in the area, but will certainly forgo their food and beverage offerings.

Room Tip: Eat elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Came here with a friend to see her buddy's band play nearby. AAA rate of $105/nt. for deluxe (390 sq. ft.) double-double including a breakfast wasn't a spectacular deal for this room but not unconscionable either. Check-in was easy and we were given a room on the fourth floor (Starwood Preferred Guest wing). The view from our huge window was a nice opportunity to watch the sunset and there was a generous seating area with a sofa, chair and coffee table. Work desk and chair, too, with plenty of plugs set into the top of the desk for charging your gadgets, and free wifi that worked flawlessly.

Room includes good-sized fridge, micro and coffeemaker, all of which are always appreciated. Took us a minute to find the closet (as another reviewer noted, it's inside the cabinet that holds the fridge) but I had no issue with its size as it was sufficient to hold everything we wanted to hang up.

Bathroom decor is all white, clean and modern but cute little baskets to hold the towels lent a homey touch. Shower had good water pressure and water was nice and warm throughout both our showers (and my friend took a loooooong one, so that is a definite plus). Like a lot of hotels of late, this had the curved shower rod and eco-friendly dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

Pool was not heated and was too cold to use but the jacuzzi was nice enough. Jets could have been a little more vigorous and I like my hot tubs HOT, so this one was a little below optimal but still thoroughly enjoyable. They have installed equipment to allow disabled guests access to the pool, which I always think is a wonderful feature. Ample chaise lounges and little tables (metal, not plastic) made lounging by the pool and reading a relaxing experience. Towels were provided and the pool is open until 11pm, which is later than a lot of hotels.

Beds were comfy enough with four nice, fluffy pillows. All staff members with whom I dealt during our stay were friendly and efficient. As noted, our stay included breakfast. I'd have liked to have done the buffet, but my friend hurt her foot during our night out and couldn't come downstairs. While they wouldn't allow me to take food from the buffet up to her, I was able to order two tasty omelettes to go using our breakfast coupons. Didn't eat any other meals in the hotel so can't comment on the menu, but always nice to have a restaurant on premises and, in any event, this hotel is situated next door to a HUGE mall with anything you might possibly want to eat if the fare in the hotel doesn't suit you.

Gave us one extra hour upon request for late checkout (and noon is normal time, so even that is much more generous than some). (Because this was the "spring forward" weekend, that adds up to no extra time, but not the hotel's fault!)

All in all, a most pleasant stay and would definitely consider this hotel if returning to the area in future.

Room Tip: The higher floor had a nice view from our window.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Whittier, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This room design is awful. There is 1) no closet and 2) no bathroom privacy. When I went to unpack our things, I could not find a closet. It turns out the only closet in the room is a cabinet -- a very small one. Inside of this cabinet is an ironing board that takes up most of the space where clothes are supposed to be hung. So I took it and the hangers out so our clothes could fit. Fortunately, we were there for just two nights -- clothes for a stay any longer would be impossible to fit. As far as the bathroom set-up, what a horrible door. It's a loose hanging door with rollers on the top and no guide on the bottom. When it's "rolled" shut, there is about a two inch gap from the door to the wall so there is NO PRIVACY when taking a shower or going to the bathroom. If I would have been with anyone else but my family, I would have been mortified.

We also chose the deluxe room which, beside the double beds and desk, had a couch and chair and it was roomy. This would have been nice if the furniture and floor would have been cleaner. The couch was dingy, but not too bad. The chair, however, was quite dirty. The stains on it were so disgusting we didn't use it. Also, the carpet was COVERED IN STAINS. From the entrance all across the floor there were terrible stains everywhere. I also think the housekeeping was lacking since I'm sure the floor wasn't getting vacuumed. When we got to the room there were some noticeable pieces of lint on the floor that stayed until we checked out. Also, the shower curtain smelled very musty. I didn't see any mildew, but it sure didn't smell clean.

There are few positive things. The hotel is in a great location and the staff all seemed nice. And a real plus is the free water bottles in the room -- yes, free! The room also comes with a microwave and a very nice sized refrigerator which actually holds a lot of items. Sadly, though, the positives are not enough to make up for the negatives.

I would never choose a Four Points hotel again and I would not recommend it to friends or family. I've stayed at different Sheraton's several times and am always happy with my stay. I cannot believe this is a Sheraton property; it is definitely held to a different standard.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carole K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#3 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!