“Not worth the money!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Description: buffet style dining
Rena, Norway
“Not worth the money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We had been here once before and it seemed alright . There was enough variety of dishes to choose between both Chinese and American dishes, and the price per person was reasonable for what we got. The food was good, though. Nothing special about the restaurant. Very chilly atmosphere and simple sitting arrangement.

When we went this time, it was Fathers day. We expected that it would be at least the same here as last time or maybe some new dishes to try. Nothing had changed, they served actually the same dishes as last time (which had been a year ago) and the everything about the restaurant was the same, except for the price per person. I had expected to paid the regular price per person for our meal, but got the shock of my life when they wanted double price per person this time! When I asked why they were charging so much for the meals per person, the answer was that since it was Fathers Day the price was double. We saw no signs saying that the price per person had doubled only a sign saying "HAPPY FATHERS DAY" on the outside. We of course still had to pay double price for our dinner, but it was not worth it. There was nothing more done around the fact that it was Fathers Day to make it worth double price. If I should decide to come back here again, I will ask what the going rate is before eating anything! It is not that good as to pay double price for the meal you get here. My advice to anyone thinking of trying out this place, is to ask what the price is before eating here!

• Visited June 2011