“Outstanding Family Stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were looking for a place where we could have our family together in one place. Homewood offered the perfect accommodation with this suite. It served the purpose perfectly!! The hotel was very clean. If in the area, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry C

Reviewed 20 November 2013

not enough parking available and access to lobby when arriving is difficult. Pillow forgotten contacted front desk same day pillow has still not shipped. Over all the staff and personell were extremely professional and helpful in every way...besides the pillow not being shipped! Awesome location close to everything one might need while travelling. Rooms were a bit toned down as compared to other Homewood Suites but very nice and fresh.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Hello Scott C...

I have looked into this for you and offer my sincere apology that your pillow has not been shipped out yet. I will make certain that this is done imediately, and we will pay the postage for shipping. I am glad that you enjoyed everything else about the hotel and that you did not refrain from saying so. Please feel free to call me personally at (909) 481-6480. Again, my sincere apology, and I will make certain that this is taken care of.
Sincerely
'Toby Simmons

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Everything was wonderful. The room was very nice, big TV's and comfortable furniture. They provide a wonderful breakfast every morning. Kitchen was very handy to have to warm up food. All the staff was very helpful. Wonderful view of the mountains. Several restaurants located nearby so you didn't have to travel far. Also, if you like to shop there are many several shopping centers located close.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Ronda C,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback to my staff and to everyone who reads this. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time out of your day to write a response. We hope to see you back soon...

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I needed to review the dining room in a separate review, because, quite simply put, it is an island unto its own, or something like that. One reason we chose hotel living instead of entering a retirement hotel was the food. It is a crying shame in this day of Costco and easily prepared ready to eat gourmet food to pay six grand a month to a retirement hotel whose 5 star gourmet meals make Taco Hell look like Susan Feniger's Street. Tasteless, cheap and over salted is how most retirement hotels treat their paying through the nose clients and that's on a good day. So, we were already familiar with The Homewood Suites brand of amazing breakfasts and the menu we were shown showed a varied, simple and interesting dinner offerings, so we knew that it had to be better than a retirement hotel meal and if it wasn't there were plenty of fast food and casual dining offerings within walking distance.

We were here three days before we got to sample an evening meal and we were not disappointed, in fact we were thrilled! Now BH(before hotel) dinner for us was a hit and miss proposition. Sometimes I just couldn't fathom eating dinner much less making it. And when I did make dinner it was enough to feed the entire city of Island Pond, VT or not nearly enough to feed my husband much less feed me, too. We spent way to much time and money fighting over which fast food joint to order from and throwing out food that couldn't be finished in a month of Sundays.

Here at Homewood Suites, not only is the food plentiful, but nutritious and delicious. In fact the only bad thing that could be said is that there is no dessert, but my blood sugar thanks them for not including such offerings. Now I spent a very long time at a rehab hospital and aside from the fact that it was horrible to begin with, the menu repeated much too frequently. Not here. We have been here almost three months now and with the exception of an occasional Turkey Taco Tuesday or Pasta Shop Tortelloni, I really haven't noticed much of a repeat or predictable pattern. The menu has been well varied alternating between proteins, starches and vegetables. Seriously, the green beans are like crack and I can't get enough of them, not to mention that they do something with the rolls and breadsticks that make them positively addicting!

But enough about the food, it's the team that makes this dining room rock! Ryan, Andrew, Daniel, Dianna and Nancy are incredible. Not only do they put on great meals, they do it with the long lost art of service. They all are exceptional individuals and The White House would be lucky to have them, but they can't, they are mine, all mine! Muahahaha!

I've learned a lot about this group of individuals and their most basic desire is to make the guest feel welcomed and cherished. They work hard to give one an exceptional dining experience and they never fail.

I guess I'm just a fortunate old bat, the luckiest gal around. Homewood Suites may be our home for right now, but the staff will always be family.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Hello Mrs. B...

I can't wait to show my dining room staff this one :) Thank you for sharing with us and everyone who reads this, how much you truly enjoy the dining experience here at the Homewood Suites. We are more than delighted to read such wonderful reviews, as it is always our goal to always make our guests feel welcome and at home.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Okay, folks, this is a long review, so grab some cocoa, your comfy slippers and settle down while I tell you a story. Growing up, my classmates and I would walk from our school to the public library at La Pintoresca park in Pasadena every three weeks. While we were there, we could explore the library and check out books to read. On of my favorite series of stories was The Adventures of Eloise, a little six year old girl who lived in the grand hotel on Park Avenue in New York City. Oh how I dreamed of being Eloise and enjoying all the amenities of Living In a hotel. Little did I know that 50 years later, I'd be doing the very same thing and loving every minute of it.

In my past life, before I became a writer, I used to be the one who booked hotels for visiting executives and made relocation arrangements for transferring employees. It certainly wasn't the only aspect of my job, but it was certainly one of the more enjoyable aspects. Through my own business travels, I was very loyal t the Hilton Brand of hotels and in placing employees and guests, I also used the very same Hilton brand of hotels. Most importantly, I could count on consistency from inner brand to inner brand and no matter what brand I placed them at, they were always more than satisfied with their stays.

So when DH and I decided it was time to build and in order to avoid the mess and confusion that comes along with building, we decided to enter an extended stay situation. We had checked out some senior apartments and some senior communities, but they were isolated and provided very few amenities for the price point.Not to mention that they all nickled and dimed you to death. So, there was only one choice of hotel brand and that was Hilton.

We choose Hilton's Homewood Suites in Rancho Cucamonga to start with and we made an appointment with Mary, the sales manager. Hint: If you are every staying anywhere for more than 7 days, hit up the sales manager. It isn't the front desk that has the power to deliver great rates to you, its the sales manager. And, PS: If you are very loyal to a particular hotel brand and are staying just a few days, hit the sales manager up, too. Often they are very willing to work with you on the price. I know Mary is going to kill me for giving away this little secret, but I've been using it for over 20 years and have never been disappointed. Love ya, Sweetie!

From the moment we set foot on the Rancho Cucamonga property, we knew we were home. We didn't need to look any further. They had the type of room we needed and we negotiated a marvelous price given that our plan was to be here only during the building process of six to nine months.

I am a quad, in a wheelchair and a fully handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower was a necessity for me. Homewood Suites not only had a suitable room for us, but the room exceeded my needs. I have service dogs, BIG service dogs and the design of the room was so spacious and so well thought out that there was more than enough room for all our immediate need stuff, the dogs, my writing and craft materials, AND my specially designed wheelchair AND lift chair. Everything fit. The kitchen was accessible and included a small dishwasher, there was place for my toaster over (I love to bake) and plenty of room for my small stockpile of groceries. And what didn't fit like my husband's bike and my luggage, they took care of all that in storage. They have a pool and jacuzzi both handicapped accessible with hoyer lifts, and while these are outside pools, their sister property next door has an indoor pool and jacuzzi similarly equipped, with reciprocal use between the two properties, just perfect for me to keep up with my water therapy without ever having to leave our new little world and spend hours traveling back and forth between the rehab hospital and home.

Now one big thing that has been a problem for me is fatigue. Even the least active day can leaved me so drained that I have no desire to eat dinner much less cook it. Not a problem at Rancho Cucamonga! Breakfast is included seven days a week and dinner, Monday through Thursday. Its not your typical hotel wimpy breakfast. Eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, sweet breads, all sorts of toasting bread, cereals, fresh fruits, oatmeal, hot coffee, tea and hot cocoa and really good orange juice, too! But my favorite meal is my freshly made waffle, complete with whipped cream and strawberry topping. At breakfast, I truly am living the life of Eloise. For dinner, its a simple, basic, nutritious and very good dinner. Usually a salad, meat, starch and vegetables; sometimes soup, hamburgers, pulled pork sandwiches, turkey taco Thursday and baked potato bar. Beverages offered are Ice Tea, two types of lemonade, white and red wine and Bud Light on Tap. A very nice meal, nicely presented, plentiful and oh, by the way, did I mention, I don't have to cook! Between breakfast being provided all week and dinner four nights a week, thanks to Costco's ready prepared meats and casseroles, I can handle cooking three nights a week.

Now, let's move on to the front desk staff. From the moment we walked through those automatic doors, we were made to not only feel welcome, but wanted. Cherie is the consummate Hilton front desk clerk. From her cheery "Welcome Home' greeting, to her ubiquitous "My Pleasure" to your every request, she epitomizes the Hilton standard I have come to expect from over 25 years of dealing with Hilton.. Then there is Joelle, who greets me like a best friend. She takes her job seriously, yet is friendly and takes the time to find out how you are doing. DeShawna (please excuse the spelling) always comes out from behind the desk to make a special point to greet me. She woks the night shift most often, so I don't always get to see her, but when I do, she genuinely makes me feel special. DeMarcus, also a late night clerk has a great sense of humor and a welcoming smile.And then there is my boy Patrick, whom is in love with my Sheepdog Bunny and she is in love with him. We make a special trip to the front desk to get out cookie and share of Patrick loving whenever he is in the house. Patrick is also a really good shopper and is willing to go and pick things up from the store that are too cumbersome for me to handle. He'll bring them to the room and even put them away.. In fact, all the employees at the front desk have been over the top helpful in assisting me with things that I cannot do and I never feel lonely or isolated when I have five special friends just a few short feet away from my room.

The management team here is awesome as well. This property is as successful as it is because it has a great team leading the example for the other employees. Toby is the big cheese, but is not only approachable, but her will go out of his way to make sure that the hotel and his staff are not only meeting his expectations, but exceeding them and at that task, he does not fail. Rosie, the assistant manager is quite personable and approachable as well. I requested permission to hang our family wreath in our room to make it seem more like home and because of our length of stay, she granted permission. During the early phases of remodeling she helped move our belongings, no easy task, into another room for the day so that they could replace the carpet and the furniture. It could not have been an easy task to schedule and coordinate the renovation of over 100 rooms, that were mostly occupied, but she managed the task just beautifully. I cannot wait until all the renovations are complete, the hotel is beautiful to begin with, but it will be absolutely spectacular when finished. And then there is Mary. She is the sales manager. She does an excellent job at keeping the hotel full and the customers happy. Its been a joy to get to know her the last few months we've been here and I love the fact that on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, she joins the diners and takes a true interest in their days.

The maintenance crew of Freddy and Sheldon are amazing. You can count on needed to have the toilet snaked the day after they serve beans in the dining room-lol! And they are both there, without fail to take care of this and any other task you might need. They take great pride in maintaining the property and as Rosie helped with our temporary relocation, Sheldon did as well. There isn't anything they won't do for you.

The housekeeping staff is marvelous as well. Amber and Gabriela are the two housekeepers primarily assigned to our room. Every day they are in here, cleaning, replacing towels and keeping us well stocked with TP, paper towels, body soap, shampoo and conditioner as well as liquid dish soap and dishwasher detergent. Our room is immaculate and it seems to be their pleasure to keep it so. Sometimes I've been a little lazy in putting my dirty dishes in the dishwasher and I will return from an errand to find the sink clean and the dishwasher running. Recently, we lost two of our Old English Sheepdogs to tainted food poisoning. The ensuing chaos of the throes of their passing just trashed the room. There was vomit, drooling and blood everywhere. That morning, an entire crew of housekeepers came in, expressed their condolences and then proceeded to deeply clean the room. It was above and beyond what was expected of them and they did it with great sympathy and a good heart. Fortunately for us, our female Old English Sheepdog refused to eat the food that night and she survived. We are still heartbroken over our loss . The entire hotel is always spotless. These girls work very hard to make sure that every area of their hotel is the absolute in perfection and the pride they take in their work is evident. Lupe and Yolanda spend most of their time in the laundry washing linens and towels and I so appreciated the soft and fluffy towels and the clean smelling sheets.

Moving into a hotel long term isn't for the faint of heart. You have to make use of every spare inch of room you have and be diligent in keeping it neat and organized. The savings by doing do are incredible. I don't have to worry about paying a single bill. I get cable TV, wi-fi, local calls, a business center, daily breakfast, weeknight dinner, daily cleaning, soap, TP, everything you would have to buy each month and those little items that eat up so much of your budget. For the price, you can't beat the amenities. That alone would be reason enough to stay here through your building or remodeling project.

As it turns out, DH's retirement date has been pushed up by three years, so right now, it just doesn't seem to make much sense to build and then have to move a year later as we will be leaving the state to retire. We thought we'd be here another six years, but now we are down to two and a half. So, the decision to stay in extended stay until he retires is a no brainier from a coast perspective.

Because of the staff here at Rancho Cucamonga and this wonderful property, the decision to abandon our original plans and remain here for the next two and a half years, was an easy one. We are beyond pleased and are happy to be here. And for one, I'm thrilled to be Eloise, even if I'm just a little too old to get into her kind of mischief. But never say never, I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Room Tip: I love the way the shadows fall in my room, they are comforting and make our room seem more like hom...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberley B

Hello Mrs. B...

All I can say is "WOW"!! You certainly do have a knack for writing. Thank you so much to take the time to write such wonderful (and true :), literature... I am sharing this with my staff so that they can appreciate it as much as I do. Thank you so much again for the kind words you have shared.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is in a good location in Rancho Cucamonga. It's a nice hotel. It's clean and it's quiet. The rooms are standard for a Homewood Suites. Breakfast and dinner are free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear c685710,
Thank you for taking the time to resond to the TripAdvisor survey. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

After staying in the hotel for almost 4 weeks, I was given 1 day notice that carpeting was being replaced in my area. Despite the inconvenience, I scheduled a date and planned to remove or put away my things. I came home that afternoon to find all my furniture in the hallway and all my things piled on the bathroom tile. I had to wait almost 2 hours for my room to be put back together before I could go in. Several contractors, housekeeping and hotel maintenance came in to replace the carpeting early, during an unscheduled date/time. They touched and moved every personal item I had in the room. Then touched everything again to put them back. The next day, despite the DND sign in the door, they entered my room AGAIN, touched my personal items again and replaced all the furniture. Pants I had hanging over a chair were wet when I came back, despite being dry when I left that morning. (Why??) I was offered quarters by the front desk to put them in the hotel dryer. I don't feel this was an acceptable resolution. This was all done 1 day before I checked out after a month long stay. Couldn't the carpeting and furniture replacement have waited 1 more day? I ended up checking out a day early so my privacy wouldn't be violated a third day in a row.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank el264701

Dear el264701,
I know that we did have a conversation regarding the incident that took place by our contractors. I just wanted to reiterate my sincere apology for their actions. They were not intended to enter your suite until the following day at your request. I hope that the 30,000 bonus reward points and 5pm check out time that was extended to you was a help to you. As for the carpet contractor, they will not be returning to this property because of this incident.

With sincere regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport
TownePlace Suites Ontario Airpor...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!