“Everything you need”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
henderson, United States
“Everything you need”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location. If it's not at the hotel, everything I need is a short walk or drive; dining, groceries, entertainment. It's right off the highway, easy to find and get where you need to go but tucked away enough to not see or feel like you're right by the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Pataskala, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member...I stay in hotels at least 100 nights a year. I have stayed in a lot of Homewood Suites and this is now my new favorite. Excellent staff and very responsive. Close to Ontario Mills Mall, Ontario Airport and I-10. Very quiet and great beds. Morning breakfast and evening dinner were excellent every day. I will be back in October and will be staying here. This is a can't miss.

Room Tip: Get the 00 or 01 rooms. Extra large and great view and extremely quiet at night.
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having stayed at the nearby (and very nice) Hampton Inn a few times this year, and being the Hilton Honors points hoarder that I am, I thought I'd give the Homewood Suites a try on my four day business trip to the area this past week. It was a good choice. Let's start with the location-- it's in a group of apparently well-maintained hotels, within walking distance of too many dining options to count (BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, Famous Dave's BBQ, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Fuddrucker's, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar, Panera, and Chevy's Fresh Mex, to name a few). It is also adjacent to the massive Ontario Mills Mall, which, aside from all of the shops and chain stores within, also features some very good restaurants and multiplex movie theaters. Major freeway access is close by.

The hotel itself is up to date and clean, and the front desk staff was friendly and accommodating during check-in, check-out, and when I had to report a problem (more on that later).

I stayed in suite 400, which was an enormous 1 bedroom unit with two queen size beds in the bedroom, a sleeper sofa in the living room, and a two-burner stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher, and full size refrigerator/freezer (with ice maker) in the kitchenette. Even the bathroom was roomy and exceedingly clean. The whole unit was clean and in great condition, with two flat-panel TVs, two phones, and two full size closets.

Packing a week's worth of clothes into a small suitcase can take a toll on dress shirts, so having a full size ironing board and iron in the room was very handy. Soaps, shampoos and used bath linens were replaced daily. The only real problem I encountered was that the carpet felt wet in the area next to the (locked) closet where the A/C unit was. I assume it was just condensation from the A/C not draining properly and making its way to the floor. I mentioned it at the front desk on my way out the next morning, and by the time I returned that evening, the carpet had been cleaned and dried, and the leak fixed. They even left the window open a little and left the ceiling fan on to help air out the moisture. That's great service and responsiveness!

The free breakfast buffet was decent, with varying dishes served each day, along with make-your-own waffles, three different cereals, teas, coffees, and juices. There was plenty of seating in the breakfast area, which had a big-screen TV on the wall and overlooked the swimming pool.

The view of the mountains behind the hotel is spectacular.

All in all I was very happy with the place, and would definitely return to the Homewood Suites on future visits to the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mr. Frank P,

I am so glad that you decided to give us a try, and just as pleased that you found the hotel very accommodating to fit your needs during your recent visit. We hope to see you back soon.
union city, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Homewood suites, Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. Is a great place for an extended stay. Staff were very helpful when needed and the rooms were reasonable. our family stayed 5 days and we all loved staying here. Freeways were all close by, shopping centers as well as movie complexes were in walking distances. we shopped around and found this to be the best rates available

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Patrick B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey response on Tripadvisor. I'm so glad that you and you family enjoyed your recent visit to the area, and found our hotel to fit all of your needs.
We hope to see you back soon,
Toby Simmons
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was our first time staying at Homewood Suites. Our family of 4 stayed in a 2 bed/ 2 bath suite for 2 days during our home renovation. We were very impressed. The room was clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The dining area off the lobby is very cozy and inviting to sit and eat breakfast, or to have a nice cup of coffee while catching the morning news. We booked our room through AAA and the price was not much more than what we normally pay to stay in a single bed hotel room.

It was also nice being right in the center of a major shopping and dining area. Located right across the street from the Ontario Mills Mall, 2 movie theaters and more dining options that I could even begin to name. There must be at least 50 different major restaurant chains in the immediate area. Costco is about 2 blocks up the street and is a great place to pick up movie tickets to catch a show right across the street. You can pick up a 4 pack of movie tickets for $33.99. That's about $15 saving for 4 people off the regular ticket price at the box office.

Over all it was a very nice home away from home and I will definitely be searching out Homewood suites when booking stays/trips in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Ms. Alexis D,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a poitive review of your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you found the hotel, staff, and location to be truly enjoyable. Please don't wait until your next renovation to come see us again, we would love to make this your little getaway.
I hope that you are also pleased with your home renovation, it must be exciting.
Sincerely Appreciative,
Fort Washington, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I stayed at this hotel. It felt like a home away from home. I liked the fact that there were so many stores, malls and restaurants in the area to choose from. There was also two movie theaters right down the street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms. Tina B,
I was so pleased to read your review. It always does myself and staff so good to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is certainly our goal with all of our visitors, and we hope to have you come back soon.
Sincerely
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We decided to stay in this Homewood Suites hotel specifically because, based on our past experience with the brand, we wanted the privacy of a separate bedroom provided by a suite. But at this particular Homewood Suites, at least some of their SUITES consist of a single room with a bed at one end and a fold-out couch at the other end. Such a room may or may not fit the legal definition of a suite, but most 'reasonable persons' would define a suite as a hotel space with a bedroom that has some element of separation from the 'living area' of the hotel space. Just be aware that you will not necessarily be provided with such accommodations at this 'all suites' hotel.

Other than the issue of a "suite" not actually being a suite, the hotel is a typical Homewood Suites. Clean rooms with a good-sized kitchen area, friendly and helpful staff, and free breakfast. They also offer a free happy hour of sorts with wine or beer and snacks/sandwiches.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#3 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!